Grand Hero Battle Breaks Through: Takumi

SatsumaFSoysoy

I was able to eventually clear infernal using Reinhardt, Mage Eirika, Brave Lyn, and PA!Azura. I had to give Brave Lyn a regular brave bow and attack+3 seal, as well as hone cavalry to Brave Lyn and Eirika, and spur attack seal to Azura, but it worked out. Somehow.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This freaking GHB. I think I was able to get it down to the two Takumi clones and probably one other remaining enemy with 5* Lukas (+Def, -Spd), Ninian (+HP, -Atk), 4* Olivia (neutral), and 5* possessed Takumi on infernal. Why did I put myself through that hell? I dunno, I just wanted to try and see if I could get possessed Takumi to kick his own butt. "I'll kill you myself" and all that jazz. I think Lukas is going to need a refined Berkut's Lance+ to not get into as much trouble against those damned healers and possessed Takumi might need Luna since getting 18 damage from Vengeance works with him running around with 1 HP and blitzing things with Brash Assault and Desperation, but for some of the enemies, he might need to lower their defense.

Also, I thought it was mentioned already, so I didn't say anything about this strategy by link z using the Black Knight with Armored Boots, BH Lyn (neutral) with Desperation 2 and a Brash Assault 2 seal, Olivia (neutral) with a Drive Def 1 seal, and Wrys (neutral) with Wings of Mercy 1, Spur Atk 2, and a Hone Spd 1 seal. The uploader notes that Spur Atk 2 can be replaced with Hone Atk 2 and it can be on either the Black Knight or Wrys.

Spoiler

Edit: Well, shit. I wasted I think 4-6 stamina potions and Brotel figured out a way to beat infernal Takumi with possessed Takumi. Guess what I should have used? A healer. I'm satisfied, though. It can be done where possessed Takumi can defeat Takumi and it's been a while since I've tried to figure out a new GHB like this. I think the last time was Arvis's infernal GHB and if I'm going with any GHB, then Xander's cavalry quest.

Brotel uses a team of Fjorm (neutral) with an Atk Ploy 1 seal, 4* Olivia (neutral), 5* possessed Takumi with an Atk Smoke 1 seal, and 4* Wrys (neutral) with Heavenly Light equipped and a Spur Def 1 seal.

Spoiler

Edited by Kaden

This one was brutal and is definitely giving me flashbacks to Conquest. Cavalry of Reinhardt, Priscilla, Eirika, and Sigurd got me through hard and lunatic but didn't cut it for infernal. Flier emblem is usually my go to team for infernal but those archers were intimidating, especially without spring Camilla.

i ended up getting it done with B!Lyn and 3 dancers (even if it hurt my soul to do so) after some trial and error. I really need to invest in a brave bow archer...too bad that requires feathers and I have a number of other projects right now that need feathers too :/

7 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Thanks! I don't pull Colorless that often, so honestly I'm surprised to already be at +5. I want Witch Celica to be my first +10 though...

Ah, hope you can get Witch Celicia to +10. \o/

@Zeo Nice run!

@Zeo The first Takumi dealing 0 damage to Ayra was priceless. Cool to see you managed also this, there were a lot of enemy units on screen because Matthew always takes his time to tear them apart. Poor Armor Slayer, he is attacking Matthew countless of times only to hear that nice zero damage sound (when do we get that sounds on the map when battle animations are switched off, IS?). 

Spent 5 hours trying to figure out how to beat infernal. I finally beat it though with a team of Nowi, B!Lyn, Reinhardt and Airzura.

On turn 1 I had to send Nowi all the way down and kill both Takumis and the bow knight on the enemy phase. Afterwards she walls the clerics and the red mage knight while B!Lyn and Reinhardt get rid of everything else. Airzura is just there to sing when needed (and provide the song in the background on your turn).

Wish I could've done it with a team of Nohrians but it still felt satisfying beating it regardless.

@Zeo Your Matthew though. For reals. I've said it a dozen times, and I'll say it a dozen more. He's fabulous. And his VA does an excellent job with him. He definitely deserves more hype. Anyone can be amazing with the right amount of love. Just 5 starred my Virion and gave him Firesweep Bow+.

And I really hope Raven comes to you. I'm proud of what he manages to accomplish. And I really hope there aren't any Elite quests for this map any time soon.

This is why, when you do the clear, either be recording at the time or redo and record... I cleared it hours earlier, but only now remembered to record, and I couldn't remember how to do it, and then something went different and I spent a little while trying to figure out what I had to do.

Spoiler

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Zeo The first Takumi dealing 0 damage to Ayra was priceless. Cool to see you managed also this, there were a lot of enemy units on screen because Matthew always takes his time to tear them apart. Poor Armor Slayer, he is attacking Matthew countless of times only to hear that nice zero damage sound (when do we get that sounds on the map when battle animations are switched off, IS?). 

What was more hilarious than that was the fact that the Ninja chose to attack Ayra instead of Genny due to the frankly comical fact that after all the buffs, debuffs, drives and supports, he had 33 ATK and Genny had 34 DEF. Ayra and Matt are built to take hits, but after buffs Genny boasts an impressive 30 DEF and 40 RES. Pretty remarkable.

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

@Zeo Your Matthew though. For reals. I've said it a dozen times, and I'll say it a dozen more. He's fabulous. And his VA does an excellent job with him. He definitely deserves more hype. Anyone can be amazing with the right amount of love. Just 5 starred my Virion and gave him Firesweep Bow+.

And I really hope Raven comes to you. I'm proud of what he manages to accomplish. And I really hope there aren't any Elite quests for this map any time soon.

Maybe in 2020. I get the feeling 2019 will have a different set of Elite quests.

Yeah, I'm actually interested in doing a discussion topic on daggers now. Kinda want to flesh them out. And I agree Matt's VA is pretty great. I know the chance of another version of him is extremely low, but I'd love another one to shoot for. Still sitting on 50k feathers waiting for merges.

Virion is actually pretty interesting. I never see him but I always hear about how he's slept on as a unit. More power to you. If I were to give an archer that kind of treatment it would probably be Rebecca or Klein.

12 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Maybe in 2020. I get the feeling 2019 will have a different set of Elite quests.

Yeah, I'm actually interested in doing a discussion topic on daggers now. Kinda want to flesh them out. And I agree Matt's VA is pretty great. I know the chance of another version of him is extremely low, but I'd love another one to shoot for. Still sitting on 50k feathers waiting for merges.

Virion is actually pretty interesting. I never see him but I always hear about how he's slept on as a unit. More power to you. If I were to give an archer that kind of treatment it would probably be Rebecca or Klein.

Daggers are kind of slowly but surely becoming more relevant. And I honestly hope to see more in the future. If we can get more inheritable daggers with unique effects (like Kitty Paddle), we'll be pretty set. I'd totally pull for another Matthew. I'd love to see him with even cooler art. His art now isn't bad of course, but I also feel like he'd look really good with Lyon and Leon's artist's style. 

Virion's my Awakening husband in addition to being the archest of archers, so naturally I'll always be a little biased. I could've given the bow to someone more practical, but this way, one of my faves gets some love. He's not bad, but with LaD, he has a massive 5 RES. lol If mages even look at him he goes down in a fabulous blaze of glory. 

On their run from Laegjarn our team of heroes seeks refugee in a supposedly abandoned castle to rest and tend to their wounds.
Little did they know they were walking right into Loki's trap and would face their biggest challenge yet...
Can our Askr-heroes overcome this obstacle!

@SatsumaFSoysoy @mampfoidAll Askrunits, no Brave-Weapons. all using their original weapons, no dancer shenanigans.

also i am bad at editing Videos lol

Please note, Anna and Sharena need S ally support.
Alfonse and Fjorm had B ally support at this battle.
Only a WinterChrom had to die for the recording for this battle (because all the other skills they had allready learned!)

I needed 20 Potions to figure this one out.... I am spent, beaten and exchaustet and have no more potions left. But it was worth it!!!! Most intense battle ever

@Zeo as allways impressed by Mathews bulk, also nice use of Gwennys Gravity on the Red Sword user lol

Edited by Hilda

@Hilda Congratulations! You really make it look easy, but it was a 100% kill with the second Takumi by Anna in the end. I like the use of hit & run and Galeforce on Sharena. Anna didn't need her Miracle. 

I got a YouTube notification today and I though "someone was faster than Hilda with Fjorm & Askir", but it was yours! 

15 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Hilda Congratulations! You really make it look easy, but it was a 100% kill with the second Takumi by Anna in the end. I like the use of hit & run and Galeforce on Sharena. Anna didn't need her Miracle. 

I got a YouTube notification today and I though "someone was faster than Hilda with Fjorm & Askir", but it was yours! 

you have no Idea how much i smashed my head into the wall on this one ._. i changed the Team composition 3 times.

1. tried with Askrtrio + Fjorm

2. Askrtrio + wrys

3. Azama + Askrtrio

and in the end i swaped back to Fjorm + Askrtrio. In the end the healing from the healers just wasnt enough to survived the onslought of the attacks, so i swaped back to Fjorm for more Firepower. Basicly i had to start everytime from 0 ¬.¬

16 hours ago, Kaden said:

Edit: Well, shit. I wasted I think 4-6 stamina potions and Brotel figured out a way to beat infernal Takumi with possessed Takumi. Guess what I should have used? A healer. I'm satisfied, though. It can be done where possessed Takumi can defeat Takumi and it's been a while since I've tried to figure out a new GHB like this. I think the last time was Arvis's infernal GHB and if I'm going with any GHB, then Xander's cavalry quest.

Brotel uses a team of Fjorm (neutral) with an Atk Ploy 1 seal, 4* Olivia (neutral), 5* possessed Takumi with an Atk Smoke 1 seal, and 4* Wrys (neutral) with Heavenly Light equipped and a Spur Def 1 seal.

Reveal hidden contents

I ended up clearing it by following this video. Things ended up diverging slightly in the long stalling part because an enemy Takumi attacked my own Takumi rather than Fjorm: I was able to wait a couple more turns for the special charges to line up properly, but my Takumi had the wrong special charge so he couldn't one-round the axe cav. I had to figure things out from there, but it worked fine. Not sure why my Takumi got attacked, though, since he and Fjorm had the stats they were supposed to: my only unit with much difference was Olivia, and she wasn't in range.

@Hilda The video is restricted it says? "Try signing in with a google apps account".

EDIT: Nevermind. Networking issue on my part. Odd, that. Fantastic clear, edge of your seat stuff. I don't want to think about how long it must have taken to come up with that strategy. Brings me back to the Valter GHB. *Shivers* Never again.

Edited by Zeo

5 hours ago, Othin said:

I ended up clearing it by following this video. Things ended up diverging slightly in the long stalling part because an enemy Takumi attacked my own Takumi rather than Fjorm: I was able to wait a couple more turns for the special charges to line up properly, but my Takumi had the wrong special charge so he couldn't one-round the axe cav. I had to figure things out from there, but it worked fine. Not sure why my Takumi got attacked, though, since he and Fjorm had the stats they were supposed to: my only unit with much difference was Olivia, and she wasn't in range.

That's weird. Was this around on turn 6 at 2:37 when it happened? Olivia having different stats, but being out of the range in the group I don't think should affect why Takumi gets attacked.

Did you have different leveled seals or C passives since Wrys doesn't have a C passive for Atk Ploy, Atk Smoke, and Spur Def? I ask since I remember reading that a freebie fliers strategy using 4* Narcian, 4* Palla, 4* Subaki, and 5* Valter for Narcian's GHB would not work if you had Narcian run Atk Ploy 2 or higher as his seal since it would cause one of the mages in the beginning to attack Valter rather than the archer. Both of them would do a lot of damage to Valter, but for some reason, Atk Ploy 2 makes a mage attack him and that screws up the strategy if Valter doesn't die. I think he dies because of that which then begs the question of why the Atk Ploy 1 causes the archer to attack him instead of the mages who would have killed him regardless.

14 minutes ago, Kaden said:

That's weird. Was this around on turn 6 at 2:37 when it happened? Olivia having different stats, but being out of the range in the group I don't think should affect why Takumi gets attacked.

Did you have different leveled seals or C passives since Wrys doesn't have a C passive for Atk Ploy, Atk Smoke, and Spur Def? I ask since I remember reading that a freebie fliers strategy using 4* Narcian, 4* Palla, 4* Subaki, and 5* Valter for Narcian's GHB would not work if you had Narcian run Atk Ploy 2 or higher as his seal since it would cause one of the mages in the beginning to attack Valter rather than the archer. Both of them would do a lot of damage to Valter, but for some reason, Atk Ploy 2 makes a mage attack him and that screws up the strategy if Valter doesn't die. I think he dies because of that which then begs the question of why the Atk Ploy 1 causes the archer to attack him instead of the mages who would have killed him regardless.

Checking the video, yeah, it must have been Turn 6.

Looking it over, I found a difference I hadn't noticed: my Fjorm used an Atk Ploy 3 seal, while in the video, it's only level 1. I think that must have been it, since even though Takumi wasn't in range of the Ploy, the lance cav was. So Fjorm would have taken less damage, and a change in her HP could result in throwing something off.

The only differences I could find outside of Olivia were Fjorm having Swap and Takumi having Swap, Escape Route 3, and Luna.

On 24/02/2018 at 12:23 AM, MilodicMellodi said:

Okay I have an idea (more of a request...or a question?).

Would it be possible to beat the map with only Corrin, Azura, and/or the Nohrian siblings (or a mix of them)?

If you are willing to invest into a lot them then anything is possible. There is a bid of someone clearing Inferno with only a +10 Hinata and a +10 Oboro for maximum betrayal.

Found this gem online. Similar approach as my aproache with the Askr trio, but less heavy exclusiv SI, aside from Aether and Galeforce, Speed Smoke and Swift sparrow none of the other skills all locked behind 5 star skills i believe (mind had addtional to those Brazen atk/def and Brazen atk/spd). The run is pretty identical on the first half.