A slight glitch/bug with Tine.

Flee Fleet!

Yeah I dunno know whether bug or glitch is the proper term, but anyways:

Was currently playing through Chapter 7 and have captured Melgen castle. Alster has sent out its reinforcements, including Tine...but uh, for some reason, Tine's map sprite is that of a Thunder mage, instead of a normal mage's. Her status screen shows that her class is mage and her sprite is of the Mage class as well. Why the map sprite is that of a Thunder mage (and only on the map), I have no idea. Is this a common bug? Can this be fixed?

EDIT: Nevermind, restarted the game again from a save file and Tine's map sprite is back to normal. Still don't know why the glitch/bug happened, but oh well.

Edited by Flee Fleet!

It sounds like one of the game's many RAM glitches. I assume you've been saving using savestates?

During normal gameplay, you're expected to use the in-game save function and close/re-open your SNES/Super Famicom to continue your save and refresh the RAM.

But when playing on emulator, there's little reason to save "normally" and thus you can run into (usually) minor glitches.

8 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

It sounds like one of the game's many RAM glitches. I assume you've been saving using savestates?

During normal gameplay, you're expected to use the in-game save function and close/re-open your SNES/Super Famicom to continue your save and refresh the RAM.

But when playing on emulator, there's little reason to save "normally" and thus you can run into (usually) minor glitches.

Yeah I tend to mainly use savestates. Didn't know they could result in minor glitches, so I'll try to use the normal save function more often now.

Edited by Flee Fleet!

5 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Yeah I dunno know whether bug or glitch is the proper term, but anyways:

Was currently playing through Chapter 7 and have captured Melgen castle. Alster has sent out its reinforcements, including Tine...but uh, for some reason, Tine's map sprite is that of a Thunder mage, instead of a normal mage's. Her status screen shows that her class is mage and her sprite is of the Mage class as well. Why the map sprite is that of a Thunder mage (and only on the map), I have no idea. Is this a common bug? Can this be fixed?

EDIT: Nevermind, restarted the game again from a save file and Tine's map sprite is back to normal. Still don't know why the glitch/bug happened, but oh well.

This is a known glitch, because the game loads Linda's data first then replaces her with Tinny later, that's why you see a Thunder Mage sprite.

9 hours ago, hanhnn said:

This is a known glitch, because the game loads Linda's data first then replaces her with Tinny later, that's why you see a Thunder Mage sprite.

Ah, that makes sense. I did think at first that the game confused Tine's sprite with Linda or something.