A Hero Rises - WINNER ANNOUNCED

Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Well that was entirely too close, but thankfully it went fine.

Very confused by some of the rankings. Lucina, Cordelia, Camilla, and m!Robin all have their highest-ranked version their regular one? Why?

Eh, both Lucina and especially Cordelia are still fairly viable. Plus, they are probably more familiar.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People really jumped to the W!Tharja ship once they saw she actually stood a chance. L!Ike is the only one of the four I don't have so it works for me, but it would have been hilarious if "The People's Hero" ended up being a girl in a bikini trying to act normal.

Quick, everyone look surprise!

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Well that was entirely too close, but thankfully it went fine.

Very confused by some of the rankings. Lucina, Cordelia, Camilla, and m!Robin all have their highest-ranked version their regular one? Why?

Because some of us are tired of trying to pull for them & not getting them!

But not me since I already have them. :^_^:

Surprise about M!Robin though since he's very common.

1 minute ago, Florete said:

People really jumped to the W!Tharja ship once they saw she actually stood a chance. L!Ike is the only one of the four I don't have so it works for me, but it would have been hilarious if "The People's Hero" ended up being a girl in a bikini trying to act normal.

Now that you mention it, that would've been funny. lol Because who really looks more like a hero for people, a buff handsome guy with ornate armor and big sword who looks like he's fought and won lots of crazy battles, or a girl in a holiday bikini trying to be normal? :P

Must say I’m excited to soon be getting a painless merge for my vIke. 

What I can’t believe is that Raigh as high above so many good fodder units. I’m also surprised at Camilla and mRobin’s placements.

Pretty sure Luke is so low because no one remembers the poor guy is in the game what with only ever being on that one banner. 

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I didn't think I needed to though since this is about Heroes and in the Heroes board...

Joke. 'Tis a play on words. Ike is a legendary mercenary. There are many legendary mercenaries (at least in my book). He's also a Legendary Hero. You're not wrong. I'm not wrong.  You're simply taking it too literally/seriously. 

3 minutes ago, Ildanach said:

Warding Breath on Joshua does sound like a good idea. I wasn't sure what to do with Vanguard Ike, so I might have steal this idea for myself.

Go for it! I thought about giving it to Myrrh. Mine is +RES, so she'd end up with crazy RES, but her weapon relies on DEF, so Steady Breath is better. Plus, I think overall, she wants DC... Grima is another fine option. And really, any dragon would probably like it since they tend to have pretty balanced defenses. But Joshua's pretty swell too. I generally run him as a dragon check in AA, so he'll get plenty more use there.

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Joke. 'Tis a play on words. Ike is a legendary mercenary. There are many legendary mercenaries (at least in my book). He's also a Legendary Hero. You're not wrong. I'm not wrong.  You're simply taking it too literally/seriously. 

Sorry, it was hard to tell what exactly you were trying to do...

Good, I won't have to rely on my schizo luck to get VL!Ike from the next legendary banner now. 

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

Also of note, Felicia placed 77th. I guess Felicia's Plate had something to do with it but it still doesn't make her placement any less weird.

6 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Go for it! I thought about giving it to Myrrh. Mine is +RES, so she'd end up with crazy RES, but her weapon relies on DEF, so Steady Breath is better.

Unfortunately, as a Flier, Myrrh can’t inherit either.

~

So the winner is Ike, huh...he’s being introduced though a Paralogue, right? I thought I read that somewhere, though I could just be misremembering. I’ll probably just level him to 40 and use him for free unit content clears if he’s permanently available.

Edited by LordFrigid

I still wish they held out longer & reveal more legendary units but honestly not pulling for Ike is just really one major less stress to worry in life.

Even though I can gain absolutely nothing from it. :/

Edited by Zangetsu

3 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

So the winner is Ike, huh...he’s being introduced though a Paralogue, right? I thought I read that somewhere, though I could just be misremembering. I’ll probably just level him to 40 and use him for free unit content clears if he’s permanently available.

It'll be a Xenologue actually but if it's like the ones that coincided with the introductions of the Voting Gauntlet and Tempest, it'll give three orbs per difficulty.

~

RIP! I keep forgetting about these hybrid types! Just the other day I couldn't figure out why using Myrrh didn't work when I was doing infantry quests with my other dragons!

~

People keep saying something like that, but I don't remember anything official saying that. The orbs would be nice, but do we really need more Ike worship?

Honestly, I really want warding breath fodder on my nowi, except that I feel like they are going to set up quests and arena bonuses assuming everyone has L-Ike (just like with fjorm), so it would be a bad idea to use one unless you have anouther one.

I'm glad to get VIke, but I'm still bummed WTharja wasn't the winner. Aside from being a lot more limited in opportunities to pull her, I'm struggling so much with the armored GHB quests, and she would've been a big help.

Trying to get LALyn and Hector and just failing. Got no armored march, none of the seasonal armors besides WChrom(who is decent, but doesn't solve anything for me).

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

People keep saying something like that, but I don't remember anything official saying that. The orbs would be nice, but do we really need more Ike worship?

Found where I read it, it’s in an article on the main site. It does also say Xenologue, so I guess I both remembered and misremembered =P.

Edit: it also says it on the voting site, apparently: “The winning hero will be made available in-game to everyone who completes the story map Xenologue 3: The People’s Hero”. That’s what I get for not reading it thoroughly.

Edited by LordFrigid

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Well this was publicly voted on Ike worship. That makes it a little better than just IS shoving the worship of someone (whether its Ike, Lyn, Lucina, Camilla, etc. it doesn't really matter, excessive worship is excessive worship and is bad) down throats without any consent to the worship.

But go ahead and be vocally irate if Ike gets another form within the next.... 6 months? A year? I'll issue a statement of disapproval as well if that time comes.

Some stats:

Spoiler

Highest 5* Exclusive: Ike (Vanguard) [1, 1]
Highest 4-5*: Camilla (regular) [22]
Highest 3-4*: Robin M (regular) [33]
Lowest: Roderick [203]
Lowest 5* Exclusive: Luke [202]
Lowest 4-5*: Roderick [203]
Lowest 3-4*: Draug [201]
Highest Seasonal (summonable): Tharja (Winter) [3, 2]
Lowest Seasonal (summonable): Xander (Spring) [120]
Highest GHB: Xander (regular) [46]
Lowest GHB: Lloyd [185]
Highest Tempest: Black Knight [57]
Lowest Tempest: Clive [177]

Highest Infantry: Ike (Vanguard) [1, 1]
Lowest Infantry: Hinata [199]
Highest Cavalry: Lyn (CYL) [11]
Lowest Cavalry: Roderick [203]
Highest Armor: Hector [2, 4]
Lowest Armor: Draug [201]
Highest Flier: Corrin F (Summer) [5]
Lowest Flier: Clair [181]
Highest Dragon: Myrrh [7]
Lowest Dragon: Tiki (Adult) [104]

Highest Male: Ike (Vanguard) [1, 1]
Highest Female: Tharja (Winter) [3, 2]
Lowest Male: Roderick [203]
Lowest Female: Mathilda [198]
Highest Robin: Male, regular [33]
Lowest Robin: Female, regular [108]
Highest Corrin: Female, Summer [5]
Lowest Corrin: Male, New Year's [134]
Highest Boey: Boey [187]
Lowest Boey: Boey [187]

Highest Archanea: Tiki (Young)
Lowest Archanea: Roderick [203]
Highest Valentia: Celica (regular) [19]
Lowest Valentia: Mathilda [198]
Highest Jugdral: Ayra [8]
Lowest Jugdral: Tailtiu [159]
Highest Binding Blade: Roy [(CYL) [52]
Lowest Binding Blade: Gwendolyn [197]
Highest Blazing Blade: Hector (regular) [2, 4]
Lowest Blazing Blade: Rebecca [193]
Highest Magvel: Myrrh [7]
Lowest Magvel: Seth [176]
Highest Tellius: Ike (Vanguard) [1, 1]
Lowest Tellius: Oscar [186]
Highest Awakening: Tharja (Winter) [3, 2]
Lowest Awakening: Sully [195]
Highest Fates: Azura (Performing) [4]
Lowest Fates: Hinata [199]

Edited by Johann

5 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

So apparently Fjorm was actually eligible to have votes but not the rest of FEH OC? I guess InSyst was really afraid of Veronica, Loki, & Laevatein becoming playable then huh?

There's no reason to exclude her as the only condition to be included in the poll is to be summonable. It'd be exceptionally weird if she wasn't eligible.

EDIT: Gunnthra is in the list too of course.

Edited by Humanoid

Just now, Humanoid said:

There's no reason to exclude her as the only condition to be included in the poll is to be summonable. It'd be exceptionally weird if she wasn't eligible.

Fjorm is a free unit when you beat Book 2 on Ch. 1

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

So apparently Fjorm was actually eligible to have votes but not the rest of FEH OC? I guess InSyst was really afraid of Veronica, Loki, & Laevatein becoming playable then huh?

They said playable characters from the beginning, but they barred the Askr trio.

I think it's a little strange that the legendary heroes appear in the story, and also in the summoning pool? There was a slight disconnect for me when Fjorm mentioned Gunthra, and I'm like "Uhhh, she's been here for over a month now, go talk to your damn sister Fjorm.". Would've been even stranger if I'd foddered off Fjorm.

18 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I still wish they held out longer & reveal more legendary units but honestly not pulling for Ike is just really one major less stress to worry in life.

Even though I can gain absolutely nothing from it. :/

I'm guessing they'll keep doing one of these each year for the anniversary, so there will be more chances.

7 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

The criteria for being eligible was to already be playable as of Legendary Ike's release (without being in the Askr trio, because they can't be duplicated). So that just leaves Fjorm and Gunnthra of the OCs, and both were in the poll.