A Hero Rises - WINNER ANNOUNCED

Anacybele

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Cornguy said:

They said playable characters from the beginning, but they barred the Askr trio.

I think it's a little strange that the legendary heroes appear in the story, and also in the summoning pool? There was a slight disconnect for me when Fjorm mentioned Gunthra, and I'm like "Uhhh, she's been here for over a month now, go talk to your damn sister Fjorm.". Would've been even stranger if I'd foddered off Fjorm.

I really should just play the latest chapter to see if Gunthra finally appears or not.

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm guessing they'll keep doing one of these each year for the anniversary, so there will be more chances.

So as long it doesn't take 2 weeks again, I'm looking forward to it.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

The criteria for being eligible was to already be playable as of Legendary Ike's release (without being in the Askr trio, because they can't be duplicated). So that just leaves Fjorm and Gunnthra of the OCs, and both were in the poll.

Ah, that makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

So as long it doesn't take 2 weeks again, I'm looking forward to it.

Whats the wait of two weeks when you need to a wait a year just for the next chance?

It will be interesting to see people would be voting for next time. Hector and WT might remain, simply b/c CC and DC, but who can honestly predict what the hottest units will be a year from now?

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I really should just play the latest chapter to see if Gunthra finally appears or not.

I remember hearing in the latest chapter that Gunnthra was on the run from Muspell and Fjorm was gonna meet her. This’ll probably lead into an ambush situation tho

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Whats the wait of two weeks when you need to a wait a year just for the next chance?

It will be interesting to see people would be voting for next time. Hector and WT might remain, simply b/c CC and DC, but who can honestly predict what the hottest units will be a year from now?

Well shit, when you put it like that.

Also, I'm pretty sure Grima is going to be a major contender for the next hypothetical "Hero Rises" event.

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

I remember hearing in the latest chapter that Gunnthra was on the run from Muspell and Fjorm was gonna meet her. This’ll probably lead into an ambush situation tho

& The wait continues!

1 minute ago, Mackc2 said:

*Sigh* Wasn't expecting anything different, ah well I suppose Ike doesn't suck

Who was your vote?

51 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Eh, both Lucina and especially Cordelia are still fairly viable. Plus, they are probably more familiar.

Eh, I got +2 Cordelia from the Legendary Hero banner she is borderline unviable without +spd IV. 

She just doesn't double anything I need to, even with Life and Death. Maybe I should give her the Bravebow build, but I don't have the feathers for that kind of investment.

I dislike the idea of voting in a character who needs investment when units like L!Ike, Micaiah, Winter Tharja and so on are almost fully built right from the start.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm sure Original Hector won't get a top spot next time, now that Valentine's Hector exists.

We'll have to see what other DC and CC sources pop up over the course of the next year, as well as other compelling units.

7 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Who was your vote?

Hector, regardless of the fact I have two Vectors DC fodder was still more valuable than any other thing available, Vengeful fighter fodder was probably second

Edited by Mackc2

1 minute ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Eh, I got +2 Cordelia from the Legendary Hero banner she is borderline unviable without +spd IV. 

She just doesn't double anything I need to, even with Life and Death. Maybe I should give her the Bravebow build, but I don't have the feathers for that kind of investment.

I dislike the idea of voting in a character who needs investment when units like L!Ike, Micaiah, Winter Tharja and so on are almost fully built right from the start.

Cordelia is one of the highest rated lancers though I don't put too much stock in tier lists here.

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well this was publicly voted on Ike worship. That makes it a little better than just IS shoving the worship of someone (whether its Ike, Lyn, Lucina, Camilla, etc. it doesn't really matter, excessive worship is excessive worship and is bad) down throats without any consent to the worship.

But go ahead and be vocally irate if Ike gets another form within the next.... 6 months? A year? I'll issue a statement of disapproval as well if that time comes.

It was kind of skewed in his favor from the start. New legendary. Legendary that wasn't an OC. They even mentioned how, hey, you can vote for the new Ike, wink wink, nudge nudge, and they released him right around when voting started. In any case, I don't want to sit through a spiel in game about how Ike is the greatest thing ever.

4 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

What annoys me is that now that I will have a free neutral V!Ike my neutral default Ike has no reason to be used anymore

Yeah. Me too. I actualy got my normal ike on my second of third summon (immidiatly after starting the game for the first time), so I am attached to him.

24 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Yay, free Warding Breath. I would've preferred Tharja but whatever. I plan to put this on Grima Robin once I get him.

But the fell dragon has Vengeful fighter by default and its effect does not stack with warding breath so why not give him warding stance instead?

35 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

133) Henry: Twisted Mind - 666

I found this funny.

Lol, didn't notice that.

Anyway, a little disappointed that Tharja didn't win, but at least a few of my friends will be quite happy, so that's cool. Now just need to decide what to do with him. Part of me wants to merge him into my current Ike for a little extra bulk and 56 attack seems fun, but WB also seems like it could get some pretty good usage. Trying to decide between Nowi, A!Tiki if I ever get a +res one, or something stupid like my +res Ryoma. Or maybe Fae for another hard Reinhardt counter for AA.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Did you get Grima?

After 50 orbs I got pity breaker Merric. So no, I did not get one of my most desire who was ironically used to be one of my most loathed characters in the franchise.

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

After 50 orbs I got pity breaker Merric. So no, I did not get one of my most desire who was ironically used to be one of my most loathed characters in the franchise.

Well, I spent about three times that, so...

Wait, are we talking Robin or Grima as formally despised?

FRobin is 108, yeesh. Expected her to be around that if not lower, but it still hurts. Meanwhile the other Robins are all in the top 50. Especially MRobin, like dang man, you did pretty darn well for yourself considering you're a... 3*-4* unit with a very low amount of power within the FEH meta comparatively to other Blue mages. But hey, maybe now you'll come home with +Spd -Res!

Probably not since I, uh, didn't actually vote for him...

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, I spent about three times that, so...

Wait, are we talking Robin or Grima as formally despised?

Grima, as  much I liked his design I thought he reinforce too much of Awakening's short coming.

Unlike his origin in Echoes, his LVL. 40 quote gave me newfound enjoyment out of him because he doesn't give me the impression of being evil for the sake of being anymore. Ironic that a mobile game of all things is what flesh out his character.[

Edited by Zangetsu