A Hero Rises - WINNER ANNOUNCED

Anacybele

4 hours ago, Emerson said:

FRobin is 108, yeesh. Expected her to be around that if not lower, but it still hurts. Meanwhile the other Robins are all in the top 50. Especially MRobin, like dang man, you did pretty darn well for yourself considering you're a... 3*-4* unit with a very low amount of power within the FEH meta comparatively to other Blue mages. But hey, maybe now you'll come home with +Spd -Res!

Probably not since I, uh, didn't actually vote for him...

And here I thought Fem!Robin was more popular than the male one like Corrin.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

It really sounds like you're trying to imply that preferring young Tiki over adult Tiki is something to be ashamed about, which is kind of insulting.  Young Tiki has existed for considerably longer than adult Tiki in general, and she's in more games (FE1/11, FE3/12, and Warriors) compared with adult Tiki.

Well I'm not & I'm more than willing to admit a mistake on  my assumption, but I never really saw that difference between the 2 characters to begin with. So what would I know?

Besides, Tiki is better off as tank unit than a rush down.

Edited by Zangetsu

Fffffffffffffffff-

Dangit.  No Close Counter fodder for me.  At least I can give my Fallen!Robin Warding Breath.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I don't  even know why i bothered rolling for RD Ike when it was obvious we were gonna get him for free anyways. But we take those.

Maybe so you could merge/fodder off your extras?

2 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Maybe so you could merge/fodder off your extras?

I mean, i'm not that big on merging and Skill Inheritance like everyone else. I always use SI and i've made some great builds thanks to it (like my Michalis, for example) but i'm not as big on the "top-tier skills" like everyone else. Like, i don't care about how good Warding Breath is. I just wanna play the damn game without having to worry about who or what is viable. If i were to get a second RD Ike after this, cool, i'll use him for fodder or merging but it's not a priority.

7 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Cordelia is one of the highest rated lancers though I don't put too much stock in tier lists here.

I was speaking about Bride Cordelia (although she's still the highest rated archer). 

I can't help but question Gamepress's basic understanding, putting Fae above Myrrh in the 'Casual' Tier List, even though Myrrh, even without DC, runs LB+ better than Fae ever could. :shrug:

Also don't agree with their Cordelia/Tana rating, since she struggles to 1 round a lot of units nowadays. She can't one round a fair amount of red units anymore with the Brave set. Not sure about Firesweep, never used.

10 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I'm happy Joshua won too. LOL 

I saw this and died

6 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

So there's a massive gap between Young Tiki & Adult Tiki. I don't exactly like what that implies.

That Tiki was so much better in SD than in Awakening of course ~
I never played Awakening and I hardly used Tiki in SD but it's a good guess nonetheless

People keep saying warding breath fodder and all this other stuff

Is nobody realizing that Ike boosts your arena score during earth season since he is a legendary hero? He's quite literally just like Fjorm, foddering him away would be the same as foddering Fjorm away :eyes:

So there's a massive gap between Young Tiki & Adult Tiki. I don't exactly like what that implies.

I dunno it makes sense to me that Y!Tiki would get way more votes than A!Tiki since the former is 5* exclusive while the latter is available at 3-4*. I've only ever gotten 3 Y!Tiki and it was all from sniping on a banner where she appeared. Meanwhile,  I currently have 23 copies of A!Tiki sitting in my barracks currently and that's not counting the ones I've used as fodder or had to send home due to lack of space. So it seems perfectly logical to me that Y!Tiki would be much further ahead than her Awakening version. And it has nothing to do with popularity since A!Tiki is 21 votes ahead of her younger self in CYL2.

11 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Is nobody realizing that Ike boosts your arena score during earth season since he is a legendary hero? He's quite literally just like Fjorm, foddering him away would be the same as foddering Fjorm away :eyes:

I've already gotten a V!Ike from the previous legendary banner so I have no problem foddering him to make Nowi or Tiki stronger. Though I wouldn't fodder him if he was my only copy since there might be some "Use Ike" quests in the future considering he's a free unit. 

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

I've already gotten a V!Ike from the previous legendary banner so I have no problem foddering him to make Nowi or Tiki stronger. Though I wouldn't fodder him if he was my only copy since there might be some "Use Ike" quests in the future considering he's a free unit. 

Well I know you do arena, using two Ikes at once with two units with blessings increases your score by 8 points
Just sayin'

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Well I know you do arena, using two Ikes at once with two units with blessings increases your score by 8 points
Just sayin'

I just ran the Arena score calculator and I get the exact same score using 1 Ike with my standard Lucina, Nino, Nowi core than by replacing Lucina by a second Ike and blessing Nino (Nowi already has an Earth Blessing). And I'd much rather have a +7 Lucina with a refined Falchion than two unmerged Ikes when going into the arena. Not to mention I can then fodder Warding Breath to make Nowi stronger.

Welp, LA!Hector really chew down on Hector's votes, huh? I didn't expect Azura to place above him.
But my point still stands; she had no real chance to win this. Just look at the difference between Tharja and her (more than 50.000 votes, ouch).

Guess it's time to add slightly better Ike to the roster. At least he only requires Quick Riposte for his almost optimal set.

Now I feel stupid for wasting all those orbs trying to get V!Ike just to get him for free. Those damn 6 Siegberts and Sanaki HAUNT ME. I go out of my way to smash any Siegbert I see because I hate him so much. Hahaha......

I laugh, but my eyes are dead because it was a good 100+ orbs trying to get V!Ike. And the fact Winter!Tharja came in second is just sad. -_- 

Good. now I can focus my orbs in the legendary banner without feeling annoyed that I don't get Ike. Assuming the next legendary banner has good units of course, if it doesn't I'll just skip it and hope that Thracia banner comes along next month.

Edited by Hekselka

4 hours ago, SlipperySlippy said:

I was speaking about Bride Cordelia (although she's still the highest rated archer). 

I can't help but question Gamepress's basic understanding, putting Fae above Myrrh in the 'Casual' Tier List, even though Myrrh, even without DC, runs LB+ better than Fae ever could. :shrug:

Also don't agree with their Cordelia/Tana rating, since she struggles to 1 round a lot of units nowadays. She can't one round a fair amount of red units anymore with the Brave set. Not sure about Firesweep, never used.

Oh, actually, aren't Brave Lyn and (oddly enough) Halloween Jakob ranked highest?

Well, for example, I still use Male Robin on my defensive team despite his low ranking. He can counter swords and almost all colorless so I get good use out of him.

1 hour ago, Vince777 said:

It's kind of crazy luck in itself to get 6 5* units out of 100+ orbs.

Yeah, but it still doesn't feel quite so great when you don't get the ones you set out for.

Well I'm not & I'm more than willing to admit a mistake on  my assumption, but I never really saw that difference between the 2 characters to begin with. So what would I know?

Besides, Tiki is better off as tank unit than a rush down.

Your original post said "I don't like what that implies", which means you think it's a bad thing that young Tiki placed higher than adult Tiki.  If you don't see much difference between the two characters, why would it matter which one places higher?  I apologize for probably reacting angrier than I should have, but a lot complaints about that tend to be thinly veiled accusations of lolicon, as if there's no other possible reason why someone might prefer young Tiki to adult Tiki, and your initial post reads way to close to that.

Both Tikis are perfectly capable of tanking.  Adult Tiki makes a better physical tank and is lower investment, young Tiki's a better mixed tank and has a higher BST.

So happy with the results. I don't like Ike all that much, but I'd much rather him win and have people sing his praises than Winter Tharja. Plus, he's the only unit out the four that I don't have that I actually somewhat want, due to his status of being a legendary hero. I already have Hector (x2) and PA Azura so didn't really need them again. I knew it would be close between the two. Just glad Ike edged out.

For the record, he is far from my favourite mercenary xD

Edited by Cute Chao

4 hours ago, Arcanite said:

I already have a V!Ike and I stopped caring about arena scores a long time ago. That free V!Ike’s Warding Breath skill will be put to better use by my Hardin. As for the whole “favorite mercenary” bit, nope, Ike’s not my favorite merc. That would be Gregor. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

5 hours ago, Arcanite said:

It doesn't work like that. I have a full team with merges and Water Blessings to get the extra points when it is Water season. I don't have the resources to make a second team centered around V!Ike and the number of Earth Blessings is lower than the Water ones. If my arena core doesn't have Earth Blessings then V!ike doesn't offer any kind of bonus and then I'm left with "Slightly better Ike with worse art imo". 

33 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

It doesn't work like that. I have a full team with merges and Water Blessings to get the extra points when it is Water season. I don't have the resources to make a second team centered around V!Ike and the number of Earth Blessings is lower than the Water ones. If my arena core doesn't have Earth Blessings then V!ike doesn't offer any kind of bonus and then I'm left with "Slightly better Ike with worse art imo". 

There's also that new mode coming out, which we know nothing about. Might be worth keeping him until we know more about that.

7 hours ago, Arcanite said:

I don't care, Radiant Dawn Ike is the absolute worst.  Legit my least favorite character in the series, I cannot stand him whatsoever.

Off my screen, in favor of making Nowi better.  I don't want to even look at FE10 Ike.  Less I have to, the better.