Newcomer here!

Gaius' Honey Cakes

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this, so I'm kind of figuring how things work on here. I know my name may be a bit questionable, but I thought it would be funny if I called myself that (haha please don't be weirded out). I'm an avid fan (and a somewhat new one) of the Fire Emblem franchise, and I've played a couple of the games, but I would also like recommendations for a few of the older games. 

Other than Fire Emblem, I enjoy video games like Final Fantasy, The Legend of Zelda, CS:GO Undertale, SSB, Persona, and I play a lot of MMOs. 

This community seems pretty friendly and I hope I don't regret joining, cuz there are lots of helpful tips on here...

One question for you guys: Am I the only one hopelessly in love with Marth? Like as a character? He was the first Fire Emblem character that I knew of, and it brings back a lot of memories so he's quite..special to me.

ANyways, have a nice day!

Hey, I love your username! It's not weird at all imo. Gaius is pretty cool. You might be called just Honey Cakes or Cakes or something similar, I prefer Cakes myself.

I don't know anyone who's a big Marth fan, most people like other FE lords. From what I know.

I'll recommend Tellius (Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn in that order preferably) but they are pretty hard to come by these days.

Welcome to the Forest, Gaius' Honey Cake!

My recommendations are the GBA games. FE6 Binding Blade, FE7 Blazing Blade and FE8 The Sacred Stones.

16 hours ago, Gaius' Honey Cakes said:

One question for you guys: Am I the only one hopelessly in love with Marth? Like as a character?

You're most definitely not the only one.

Thank you, have a nice day too and enjoy your stay!

Welcome aboard and do enjoy yourself!

If you're up for the more traditionally difficult FE games, definitely play FE6 Binding Blade for the GBA (though it was only released in Japan.  You can play using an emulator with a translation patch).  For something more forgiving but still fun, play FE7 Blazing Blade or FE8 Sacred Stones (also on GBA were released outside Japan)

Niles from Conquest is my OTP!  But Marth is a solid choice as well!

Edited by anniec8711

Welcome to Serenes Forest! 

I like Marth a lot because of his kind yet heroic nature, but he is not my favorite imo. 

I also really like Persona. Persona 5 has been awesome, I'm almost done with it! 

Edited by Auramaster

On 2/26/2018 at 8:53 PM, anniec8711 said:

If you're up for the more traditionally difficult FE games, definitely play FE6 Binding Blade for the GBA (though it was only released in Japan.  You can play using an emulator with a translation patch).  For something more forgiving but still fun, play FE7 Blazing Blade or FE8 Sacred Stones (also on GBA were released outside Japan)

Thanks for the suggestions! I will for sure check these out. And thanks for the tip about using an emulator with a translation patch! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/4/2018 at 5:16 PM, DisobeyedCargo said:

sooooo... play any Xenoblade Chronicles?

No I don't...but I have heard of it and I'm been meaning to play it one day. Is it any good?

Thanks for the warm welcome! And sorry, I don't have any cakes to spare, I think Gaius ate them all. :(

On 2018-02-25 at 8:06 AM, Gaius' Honey Cakes said:

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this, so I'm kind of figuring how things work on here. I know my name may be a bit questionable, but I thought it would be funny if I called myself that (haha please don't be weirded out). I'm an avid fan (and a somewhat new one) of the Fire Emblem franchise, and I've played a couple of the games, but I would also like recommendations for a few of the older games. 

Other than Fire Emblem, I enjoy video games like Final Fantasy, The Legend of Zelda, CS:GO Undertale, SSB, Persona, and I play a lot of MMOs. 

This community seems pretty friendly and I hope I don't regret joining, cuz there are lots of helpful tips on here...

One question for you guys: Am I the only one hopelessly in love with Marth? Like as a character? He was the first Fire Emblem character that I knew of, and it brings back a lot of memories so he's quite..special to me.

ANyways, have a nice day!

Hey, Gaius' Honey Cakes! (I like your name- made me laugh btw). I hope you enjoy your stay in the forest. I'm pretty new here too, been here less than a week- it's fun.

I think Marth is awesome, I knew him first too because of brawl, and he's my main in SSB4!

You have a nice day too!

Have you played any Rune Factory? I love Rune Factory...

Edited by Wanderer-Of-Fates
Forgot RUNE FACTORY

1 hour ago, Gaius' Honey Cakes said:

No I don't...but I have heard of it and I'm been meaning to play it one day. Is it any good?

Thanks for the warm welcome! And sorry, I don't have any cakes to spare, I think Gaius ate them all. :(

IT IS AMAZING

for XC1 I know pretty much all the ins and outs of that game by virtue of several 100% runs. So feel free to PM me for advice on the game 

7 hours ago, Wanderer-Of-Fates said:

Hey, Gaius' Honey Cakes! (I like your name- made me laugh btw). I hope you enjoy your stay in the forest. I'm pretty new here too, been here less than a week- it's fun.

I think Marth is awesome, I knew him first too because of brawl, and he's my main in SSB4!

You have a nice day too!

Have you played any Rune Factory? I love Rune Factory...

Glad you like my name!

I've never played Rune Factory before but I'm currently saving up to buy Rune Factory 4!

And like you, the first time I heard of Marth was cuz of brawl when I was tiny and he was my main lolol. He also introduced me to Fire Emblem and so those just a few reasons why I love him so much and why he's so special to me.

19 minutes ago, Gaius' Honey Cakes said:

Glad you like my name!

I've never played Rune Factory before but I'm currently saving up to buy Rune Factory 4!

And like you, the first time I heard of Marth was cuz of brawl when I was tiny and he was my main lolol. He also introduced me to Fire Emblem and so those just a few reasons why I love him so much and why he's so special to me.

Yay, Rune Factory! Like DisobeyedCargo with XC, feel free to PM me if you need help with Rune Factory 4- that was my first RF and hold a place close to my heart!

Cool! Yeah I remember playing sub space emissary and being like “who’s that blue hair haired sword guy- he’s cool” haha.

Welcome. Hope you enjoy your stay.

On 2/26/2018 at 2:06 AM, Gaius' Honey Cakes said:

Seeing as I remember TheHeroQueen joining a while back, I think I'll play matchmaker here, if neither of you object. After all, the Marth fan-girl part is literally the first thing I noticed about either of you, so I'm sure you'll find common ground. Hope neither of you mind.

On 3/21/2018 at 5:23 AM, Mad-manakete said:

Seeing as I remember TheHeroQueen joining a while back, I think I'll play matchmaker here, if neither of you object. After all, the Marth fan-girl part is literally the first thing I noticed about either of you, so I'm sure you'll find common ground. Hope neither of you mind.

Thank you! I don't mind at all, as long as she doesn't either. Finally someone I can relate with :D

On 3/20/2018 at 8:09 PM, Wanderer-Of-Fates said:

Yay, Rune Factory! Like DisobeyedCargo with XC, feel free to PM me if you need help with Rune Factory 4- that was my first RF and hold a place close to my heart!

Yay! Thank you so much! I will let you know if I ever need help with Rune Factory!