Ephraim, Legendary Lord (new Legendary Hero confirmed)

Armagon

40 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

What's funny is they've now blown Flame Siegmund, Beloved Zofia and Armads 2.0 on the alts for this month. What are they gonna be stuck doing for the CYL alts' weapons now? They've now used what I would have thought were the most obvious picks for the CYL versions, so I wonder if they'll have to make shit up now or what. (I guess Golden Dagger works for Celica, and to make her the colorless of the CYL banner, but it still feels not as ideal as her sword)

*man how did I think of Zofia as Sophia, oops

If Lucina is any indication, they could make something up.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Alexmender said:

3 Ephraims I see.... Now I'm salty about people shunning Eirika for having two versions when her fricken brother gets 3, screw this!

Anyways, the banner doesn't have anyone I'd really want and it's a Legendary banner which makes it an auto skip for me.

I feel your pain...hopefully she's a lock for CYL 3! Lunar Brace as a in-built Moonbow would be glorious!

As for now, I'm really tempted to get Ephraim and I wonder if I want two so I can give Myrrh Sturdy Stance. Or Steady Stance, if Shiro keeps spooking me instead.

As for S!Corrin, my current one has terrible IVs, so I wouldn't mind a better version of her either. Just one though, IS, pls.

Edited by DefyingFates

Aw damn, here I was hoping it would be Great Lord Chrom. :(

Also what's up with the hate for Ephraim? He getting another alt, what's the problem?

1 hour ago, Florete said:

So Eirika gets a generic alt while Ephraim gets to be a legendary hero. Sigh...I'm not surprised, but I'm still disappointed.

What's so generic about being a cavalier mage?

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

At this point, I have a theory that Surtr killed off all the other dudes in his kingdom because he's a crazy super-villain with a god complex. That seems like a logical thing to do. ....It also means that all of the ladies are either married to him or related to him. ....or both?  His end goal isn't necessarily the end of the world. He just wants the ultimate harem. 

Surtur is now the most relatable antagonist for the Fire Emblem franchise

This is kind of a weird situation for me, since my love for Ephraim makes me excited yet my love for Marth brings in disappointment. Marth deserves more, especially since he's got shafted a lot in Heroes. Legendary Ephraim though, his weapon has a cool effect and I hope he got a great stat spread. I already got who I wanted from the other two banners and I skipped the last couple of legendary banners so I'm definitely pulling here. Good thing it's this week so I can do most of the March quests for orbs. I'm most likely only going to pull on blue and green.

Also I'm loving these references to the character's affinity. Ephraim's affinity was fire in Sacred Stones so it's neat that he's a fire legendary hero.

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

What's so generic about being a cavalier mage?

It's not about her class (though cav mage is becoming notably less special these days), it's about how she got a standard alt while Ephraim gets the special honor of being called "legendary." Just when I thought Eirika was finally getting some recognition it turns out her brother is still overshadowing her.

Also assuming he's getting the standard +5 BST while Eirika got nothing. Still, she had a fairly optimised stat spread so it's not as bad as it could have been, if only I could get her.

Goddamnit. I have no orbs. Well, I guess it's time to spend some cash again. I'll have to try not to spend too much though. All I ask for is one copy of L!Ephraim. IntSys stop murdering my orb stash with all these banners.

5 minutes ago, Florete said:

It's not about her class (though cav mage is becoming notably less special these days), it's about how she got a standard alt while Ephraim gets the special honor of being called "legendary." Just when I thought Eirika was finally getting some recognition it turns out her brother is still overshadowing her.

Well, to be fair, both Legendary heroes who aren't OCs are using their primary weapon, which strongly suggests that other main characters will do so as well. If we're going to be getting a lot of sword units, then it does make sense for them to spread out their release and go with non-sword users whenever possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if next month's Legendary is either green or colorless, though the only "water" associated major characters I can think of are Corrin, Azura, and Ninian. I definitely expect to see Lyn as the Wind hero in two months though.

18 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Also what's up with the hate for Ephraim? He getting another alt, what's the problem?

Him getting another alt, that's the problem.

Personally, I'm still very salty that he won in CYL 2 entirely because Marth was handicapped. Ephraim getting a legendary on top of that is just flat-out insulting to me.

Also, I don't like him at all to begin with. That's also a pretty big factor for me.

15 minutes ago, Florete said:

I would argue that title "Legendary Hero" is an artificial one, I guess it doesn't help when he has 3 skills slots filled up does it? I guess it doesn't help that Eirika's alt probably cause her to fall on the CYL 2 ranking list either.

I wonder how well LL!Ephraim would've done in the "A Hero Rises"?

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Him getting another alt, that's the problem.

Personally, I'm still very salty that he won in CYL 2 entirely because Marth was handicapped. Ephraim getting a legendary on top of that is just flat-out insulting to me.

Also, I don't like him at all to begin with. That's also a pretty big factor for me.

Should I really assume Marth fans hates him now? That's kinda depressing to know

Edited by Zangetsu

5 minutes ago, Johann said:

Well, to be fair, both Legendary heroes who aren't OCs are using their primary weapon, which strongly suggests that other main characters will do so as well. If we're going to be getting a lot of sword units, then it does make sense for them to spread out their release and go with non-sword users whenever possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if next month's Legendary is either green or colorless, though the only "water" associated major characters I can think of are Corrin, Azura, and Ninian. I definitely expect to see Lyn as the Wind hero in two months though.

Azura's voice is getting increasingly flanderised with every iteration, so much so that the next version of her will probably take her out not just of the VA's vocal range, but out of the hearing range of most human beings over the age of 20.

Edited by Humanoid

Oh ffs! Why is Summer Elise not on this banner?! I wanna use my orb stockpile on her! Now I have to wait another month? Come on IS... give me a reason to keep playing your stupid game!! Honestly, at this point its becoming a chore...

Edited by sdgj1994

So Ephraim has Solar Brace as a personal skill that adds a Daylight effect to his specials. When we inevitably get legendary Eirika, I bet she'll have Lunar Brace as a personal skill that adds a New Moon effect to her specials.

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

What's funny is they've now blown Flame Siegmund, Beloved Zofia and Armads 2.0 on the alts for this month. What are they gonna be stuck doing for the CYL alts' weapons now? They've now used what I would have thought were the most obvious picks for the CYL versions, so I wonder if they'll have to make shit up now or what. (I guess Golden Dagger works for Celica, and to make her the colorless of the CYL banner, but it still feels not as ideal as her sword)

*man how did I think of Zofia as Sophia, oops

Beloved Zofia was a popular pick for Celica, but a lot of people had already been expecting Ephraim and Hector to find other weapons to borrow for CYL, like last year's CYL winners did. Perhaps something along the lines of:

Veronica - Red Tome Infantry - Apocalypse

Hector - Lance Armor - Rex Hasta

Ephraim - Axe Cavalry - Garm

Celica - Dagger Infantry - Golden Dagger

Veronica is a bit random, but she had that whole thing with Naglfar, so there's a precedent for her messing with legendary dark magic tomes from other worlds.

Thinking about it, it makes sense that Ephraim is the Fire hero, considering his Elemental Affinity is Fire. Maybe that’s why Eirika wasn’t the legendary Hero, as her affinity is Light.

But other than Corrin, Azura and Ninian, there aren’t a lot of main characters associated with Water/Ice, so who would be next?

9 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Should I really assume Marth fans hates him now? That's kinda depressing to know

For the record, I wouldn't necessarily call myself a Marth fan. I like him enough, he just isn't among my absolute favorite lords. It's just that, despite Marth not being a favorite of mine, even I'm finding myself fed up with how Heroes is treating him.

I love that Ephraim's C Skill is Fortify Defense. That's so filler, lol. 

And that's about the only thing I like about him. Lords don't need more alts. They're already getting the bulk of attention on seasonal banners. Especially now that seasonals have broken the Fates/Awakening curse, I'm not worried that Marth, Ephraim, and etcetera are going to be excluded from cool costumes and skills, so actual legends from the series ought to be the legendary heroes. 

As for the rest of the banner, I've got a lot of these guys in my collection already. The only seasonal I'm missing here is Summer Gaius, but I've already got Olivia and Jaffar so greys are a poor color for me. Summer Elise not appearing is a grand mercy since I don't have the orbs to try for her right now. Between sniping for Summer Gaius and snipingfor VA!Roy after dumping almost 300 orbs, saving orbs is looking pretty enticing right about now.

Gotta stay clear of the discourse this time. All I have to say is: We are gonna be fed alternates on the regular now, and while I don't enjoy it, it's just something to deal with in this game. Hoping for an SD themed Easter myself though. (Marth, Tiki, another Caeda and maybe Navarre)

As for pulling priorities: Blue (have none of these, and will even begrudgingly accept Corrin on my flier team, since my H!Nowi is -Spd), Green (still no Gunthra. Dorcas would be nice and I could always use more Steady Breath fodder), Red (We gonna get L!Ike anyway, but I don't have S!Leo or Mia), Colourless (Jaffar would just be fodder, Gaius is only desireable for the cute effect on his bow, PA!Olivia would be nice but it's not worth the risk)

With my luck though I'll be spending 100+ orbs for nothing yet again.

B-but...Marth...

*sighs*

@Zangetsu Please don't generalise. I'm a massive fan of Marth, but I don't like Ephraim because of how he comes across as a character. He isn't the type of Lord that I like.

It's great and all that Marth has a lot of supporters, it makes a damn change, but if we're getting a bad reputation...*sighs*

23 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Well as someone who loves both characters my opinions haven't change but it's getting annoying at this point. The OG lord has been in like one banner since launch and his wife got an alt before him. Doesn't help that all of the other Falchion lords outclass him and/or have been receiving a lot of attention. It would be one thing if he wasn't popular yet he was 6th(combine his votes and he would have been 4th) in CYL and 3rd(could have been in 2nd) in CYL2. 

3 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Hoping for an SD themed Easter myself though. (Marth, Tiki, another Caeda and maybe Navarre)

Navarre in an Easter themed costume would be price less. It's actually kind of hard to imagine him in one. 

Okay this is just weird. LIke I could understand because IS even hyped up the guy in Awakening as some really strong guy before the CYL made it clear to them that he's popular but Epraim? Sure, he's popular but he's not the kind of character I would think of when you say "legendary hero". I'd sooner expect someone like Marth. Might still pull for him though since it seems that blue units are probably the best around this time. Oh and maybe I'll try a few red pulls as well in the hopes I get either LIke (for merging or SI) or Mia.

14 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Okay this is just weird. LIke I could understand because IS even hyped up the guy in Awakening as some really strong guy before the CYL made it clear to them that he's popular but Epraim? Sure, he's popular but he's not the kind of character I would think of when you say "legendary hero". I'd sooner expect someone like Marth. Might still pull for him though since it seems that blue units are probably the best around this time. Oh and maybe I'll try a few red pulls as well in the hopes I get either LIke (for merging or SI) or Mia.

I mean, he did take an entire fort from Grado with just two cavs and a paladin. That's kinda legendary I guess