Ephraim, Legendary Lord (new Legendary Hero confirmed)

Armagon

This could've been Marth who came in at 3rd, but noooo... we get an Ephraim, and then we'll get another Ephraim who will probably also be blue.

That being said I still want this Ephraim because of his sick artwork and armor, and also he gives the Fire Boost Effect so that's good as well. Also interestingly this Ephraim happens to work great with units like Marth because of his weapon effect, and Marth's refined weapon effect. Brave Lucina is also good here too.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with people saying Lyn shouldn't get a Legendary Hero unit. I think she should, just not yet

Preferably, they give the upcoming Wind to someone else (not Lyn). I don't mind who it is, probably Marth, Lucina, Chrom, Alm, Leif or someone from Genealogy or Fates. Preferably not another OC to represent next wind. 

However, I'd like Lyn to get the next wind slot (5-6 months from now?), where they've hopefully toned down on the Lyn alts by that time.

57 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

There's got to be some diminishing returns on trying to milk the same unit over and over.

You might think, but look how many people complained about a third Chrom and Xander compared to how many complained about a fourth Lyn. Or how many people complained about four Lucinas to four Lyns.

24 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Or maybe we should just hold off on giving characters alts for a few banners....or months.

In all seriousness though, alts are where the money's at, and I understand that...to an extent. I at least appreciate it when alts aren't incredibly similar to their original versions. Masked Marth and Lucina, BK and Zelgius, Ike and V!Ike...even Hector and LA!Hector are all pretty good examples of being a little too similar. For the most part, our alts are pretty different, with different weapons/movement types, and stat distribution. Is it a little annoying seeing the same characters over and over again? Yeah...but at least all the copies of Lyn, Camilla, Xander, Chrom, Azura, etc are pretty different...even if a few are underwhelming.

If we have to have alts, I'd rather see new ones. This is Ephraim's first alt, so I'm glad it's this and not a ridiculous seasonal. He deserves better than that. But I probably still stand with the group that would much rather see new characters since there are still plenty of "popular characters" yet to get into the game. But part of me is expecting even more alts considering the current trend... 

Send feedback everyone! XD 

To be fair, BK and Masked Lucina were free. 

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

To be fair, BK and Masked Lucina were free. 

I'll give them that at least. But the game could have easily planned a different reward for more variety. I can probably give Masked Marth a bit of slack since the Tempest was new, and IS wanted to test how to implement free 5 stars. She seemed like a safe choice, especially since she'd be a character in the Tempest itself and Lucina is pretty popular. But with the BK and Zelgius, if they had Zelgius planned beforehand, it honestly would have been smarter to introduce someone else as a Tempest reward since the banner associated with that Tempest was related to Crimeans... If they hadn't planned that far ahead, they could have introduced someone else on the RD banner....maybe someone related to the rest of the events in Part 1. I'm not sure Zelgius even has the fan-service argument. It just kind of seems like bad planning... 

27 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

You might think, but look how many people complained about a third Chrom and Xander compared to how many complained about a fourth Lyn. 

The implications you're making here are more than a little disingenuous. The reason there are four Lyns versus three of Chrom and Xander is because people voted for her. With that in mind, a more honest claim would be Lyn getting her second seasonal versus Chrom and Xander getting their second seasonals. Is there a degree of hypocrisy here? Perhaps, but there are a few key differences still.

Chrom and Xander got their second seasonals during a time where seasonal banners were almost exclusively from Awakening and Fates. A good few people had the sentiment of "if you're going to keep doing seasonals from just those two games, could you at least have some more variety in which characters you pick from those games?"

Lyn's Second seasonal came out in the first seasonal banner to not include anyone from Awakening or Fates, and so a portion of people were just happy about that. It also came right after the Happy New Years Banner, which had two characters getting a second seasonal (Azura and Camilla). It was still a step in the right direction, even if you think someone else should have gotten her spot.

As far as Lyn getting a Legendary version, I firmly believe she should. Due to having a second seasonal in a still active banner, I do think she should wait a bit though. However I believe that as things are now, each of the lords should be given a Legendary form, and Lyn's second seasonal version should be no more disqualifying than Chrom's second seasonal version. Plus she's one of only a few options amongst the lords for a colorless Legendary.

Edited by Ildanach
you're not your

12 minutes ago, Ildanach said:

The implications you're making here are more than a little disingenuous. The reason there are four Lyns versus three of Chrom and Xander is because people voted for her. With that in mind, a more honest claim would be Lyn getting her second seasonal versus Chrom and Xander getting their second seasonals. Is there a degree of hypocrisy here? Perhaps, but there are a few key differences still.

Chrom and Xander got their second seasonals during a time where seasonal banners were almost exclusively from Awakening and Fates. A good few people had the sentiment of "if you're going to keep doing seasonals from just those two games, could you at least have some more variety in which characters you pick from those games?"

Lyn's Second seasonal came out in the first seasonal banner to not include anyone from Awakening or Fates, and so a portion of people were just happy about that. It also came right after the Happy New Years Banner, which had two characters getting a second seasonal (Azura and Camilla). It was still a step in the right direction, even if you think someone else should have gotten her spot.

As far as Lyn getting a Legendary version, I firmly believe she should. Due to having a second seasonal in a still active banner, I do think she should wait a bit though. However I believe that as things are now, each of the lords should be given a Legendary form, and Lyn's second seasonal version should be no more disqualifying than Chrom's second seasonal version. Plus she's one of only a few options amongst the lords for a colorless Legendary.

So, it's okay because she wasn't from Awakening or Fates, huh? You're right, it does sound a bit hypocritical. 

I wonder; would legendary heroes be limited to only lords (or literal legends)? Because I could see Tiki potentially being a legendary hero, young or adult; she's pretty much the shapeshifter mascot of FE, and I think she has the notability among IS to be considered for it if Ephraim could be a legendary hero. Besides, barring any original characters, she's the best choice for a dragon legendary hero including over Corrin, I'd argue.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

So, it's okay because she wasn't from Awakening or Fates, huh? You're right, it does sound a bit hypocritical. 

If it were as simple as you're trying to present it, it certainly would be hypocritical (and there's a degree to which I feel it still may be a little bit hypocritical). It is not as simple as you're trying to present it.

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

I wonder; would legendary heroes be limited to only lords (or literal legends)? Because I could see Tiki potentially being a legendary hero, young or adult; she's pretty much the shapeshifter mascot of FE, and I think she has the notability among IS to be considered for it if Ephraim could be a legendary hero. Besides, barring any original characters, she's the best choice for a dragon legendary hero including over Corrin, I'd argue.

I think it's decently likely that they'll branch out eventually, but who knows how long it'll take.

2 hours ago, Ildanach said:

If it were as simple as you're trying to present it, it certainly would be hypocritical (and there's a degree to which I feel it still may be a little bit hypocritical). It is not as simple as you're trying to present it.

People give her a pass because she isn't from Awakening or Fates according to your logic despite the fact she has as many seasonals as the ones so many were complaining about. She is a lack of variety, but because it's what they wanted, they give her a pass.

Edited by Arthur97

Camilla, Corrin and Azura were the 13th, 14th and 15th Fates seasonal, and their appearance suggests more Fates seasonals in the future.

Lyn/Hector/Eliwood were the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Blazing Sword seasonal, alongside the 1st and 2nd Binding Blade seasonal, and their appearance suggests more lords seasonals in the future.

Edited by Baldrick

3 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ephraim looks like he will have a very strong player phase. 40 base attack and 37 defense is nothing to laugh about.

What about his other stats?

@Jingle Jangle @Ae†her The datemined stats on Gamepress are a little different. 

EDIT: Ninja-ed. Oh well. I'll keep it up for now.

Edited by Rafiel's Aria

Was about to say his BST can't be that high.

He looks kind of mediocre, but I think with +Spd nature he can be kind of decent by preventing doubles from partially fast units. I know I'm going to have to summon for him anyway because

A) His artwork is godly

B) His armor is godly

C) His Sprite animation is godly

D) He's got the Fire Boost, and I need it for arena.

10 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

And the Three Heroes quest heroes are Cherche, Gordin and ....Serra. That's just cruel.

Oooo. Cherche for merges. Nice

Also, I'm a bit salty that it mentions only Ephraim defeated the demon king. Wasn't the whole point of SS having 2 protagonists of equal importance?

Edited by silveraura25

27 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

Was about to say his BST can't be that high.

He looks kind of mediocre, but I think with +Spd nature he can be kind of decent by preventing doubles from partially fast units. I know I'm going to have to summon for him anyway because

A) His artwork is godly

B) His armor is godly

C) His Sprite animation is godly

D) He's got the Fire Boost, and I need it for arena.

I dunno, I'd honestly guess speed is his dump stat, if not for the fact it's a super bane which hurts BST. Being a melee cavaliar, his weapon should proc almost universally (unless you're using him for baiting), so speed doesn't seem that important, unless I'm missing something.

1 minute ago, SlipperySlippy said:

I dunno, I'd honestly guess speed is his dump stat, if not for the fact it's a super bane which hurts BST. Being a melee cavaliar, his weapon should proc almost universally (unless you're using him for baiting), so speed doesn't seem that important, unless I'm missing something.

You don't want to take more than one hit from hard hitting Axers with Ephraim because even with the Sturdy Stance that might cost him his life. You want to follow-up as well of course, which is easy because of Ephraim's weapon.

Just to compare new Ephraim with the old Ephraim: 

Spoiler

Old neutral stats: 45/35/25/32/20
New neutral stats: 43/36/27/33/18

They just rearranged a few stat points into the more important stats. A little less HP and RES for more ATK, DEF, and SPD. SPD isn't THAT important, but it could make a difference. With horse buffs, he has potential to be decently fast. His stat distribution kind of makes him a little like a blue Eldigan with a higher BST. Eldigan's neutral stats: 45/32/24/34/19.

But it looks like Ephraim gets to be another example of alts with very small variations at least stat-wise. At the very least, he's a different movement type with more unique personal skills, so he's not as bad as PoR Ike versus RD Ike. 

17 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

You don't want to take more than one hit from hard hitting Axers with Ephraim because even with the Sturdy Stance that might cost him his life. You want to follow-up as well of course, which is easy because of Ephraim's weapon.

If they swapped his res and speed, his stat spread would be perfect.