Ephraim, Legendary Lord (new Legendary Hero confirmed)

Armagon

Well 35 orbs in and I got a Jaffar in the first batch and an 8.5% pitty rate from the 2nd batch. I wish I didn't need Summer Gaius otherwise I wouldn't pull colorless. Reds I am missing Summer Leo and Mia so I will pull those until I get them both. Greens I have all of, but they are so damn good I won't stop pulling them. Dorcas is IMO one of the best units in the game, B!ike is S+ fodder and good as a unit and Gunnthra is just good. Blues I am only missing L!Ephraim and only really want him but all of the blues are really good so I won't complain if I get any of the others. Shiro is like a power-creeped Lukas with more versatility than just an Enemy Phase counter killer and Summer Corrin can be quite powerful with Blade or Raven tomes and emblem buffs.

I got 5 paychecks this past bank statement plus one of them had a bunch of extra money on it probably because I never use all of my vacation/sick days so I am quite tempted to buy 700 orbs and go crazy on this banner. And I still need to get LA!Roy and LA!Lyn from their banner, and all of the Fallen Heroes from their banner... Ugh.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a character that actually arrives essencially perfect and changing abilities just change their play style instead of being an improvement?

Edited by Troykv

FINALLY GOT SOMETHING OUT OF THIS BANNER! A +Res -Def Shiro.. Oh well, his stats are still great and I will build and use him dammit. Goodbye fucking Legendary Banner. See you never!

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

FINALLY GOT SOMETHING OUT OF THIS BANNER! A +Res -Def Shiro.. Oh well, his stats are still great and I will build and use him dammit. Goodbye fucking Legendary Banner. See you never!

Congrats on finally escaping the banner at least! That Shiro's kinda funny, since I got a +hp -atk one, and my friend got 3 that were all -atk or -def too.. so it feels like everyone's getting him with meh IVs off this banner.. At least his stats are still good enough that he's good despite it!

10 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Congrats on finally escaping the banner at least! That Shiro's kinda funny, since I got a +hp -atk one, and my friend got 3 that were all -atk or -def too.. so it feels like everyone's getting him with meh IVs off this banner.. At least his stats are still good enough that he's good despite it!

Thanks! That really is funny too, it's like the banner is being spiteful to the end. But meh, even the worst possible Shiro (+Res puts him at 25..) is a good unit. Just... maybe not worth 111 orbs. orz

I swear, this is the last Legendary banner I am pulling on besides when they put H!Sakura on it. Let's hope that's not until the end of April. Got almost no orbs now. haha;; 

Edited by Nanima

10 minutes ago, Motendra said:

@Nanima Funny, you and I came out with the same unit. Granted, mine wasn't as unfortunate (+Def -Hp) but that's one more addition to the glory of Hoshido!

Good to hear you got out of it as well. And with an almost ideal Shiro to boot. At least the banner was merciful to some of us. And yes, more Hoshidan units are always great. Although.. if I ever get another, better Shiro I will probably sacrifice this one for his Steady Stance.

I did it! It took me to an 11% 5* rate, and wasted many an orb, but I finally got Legendary Ephraim. He's -ATK, but oh well, I've got him now. I'm unfortunately leaving Summer Corrin behind, but I'm just glad this hell of a banner is over for me.

My results for this banner were a far cry from my haul on Gunnthra's banner, but I suppose that's the luck of the draw. Hopefully the next few banners don't have anything I want so I have a chance to save up my orbs again.

Welp, after one 11% pity breaking Summer Corrin, I finally pull someone else: a single, literal copy of a PA!Olivia that I already have from a grueling 15% pity rate. This isn't the kind of stuff that should be encouraging people to spend. I'm okay throwing out a couple bucks here and there, but this is disgusting. Kind of fitting considering this banner's focus ... /endrant

Despite not being done in LA, I came back and managed to get Ephraim right away somehow. +res/-str, ughhhhhh. I guess I can't complain too much, I was lucky to pull him in one go. Well, one go not including the two pulls I made on day one before going back to LA.

Meanwhile in LA, pity broken by Nephenee, whom I didn't have yet, so I'm not too bummed. But still, I need that damn Lyn. +hp/-def on Neph, not the worst she could've been.

Well I got a +Atk/-HP Ephraim after an appropriate amount of orb spending.

Also got 2 Summer Gaius one of which is +Atk/-Res which is really nice even if he has a 0% chance of being +10ed someday. He can still be useful without merges.

And 1 more Gunnthra and L!Ike.

Now all I need are Mia and Summer Leo and the collector in me can stop pulling.

I figured this was the perfect opportunity to commit to unlinking my account, only using iTunes cards to make spending require a trip. I'm retraining my brain pretty well and I think I can continue as a moderate spender.

Final session with my card linked gave me another merge for Mia, she's at +2.

First orbs bought with an iTunes card gave me PA!Olivia (+HP -Spd is about as close to non-ideal, but at least HP is a super boon) and Jaffar (+Res -Def is slightly worse than neutral, but always better than my previous -Atk)

Took on some Chain Challenges for more orbs, ended up adding a merge to Gunnthra.

2 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Going to need a screenshot next time to believe that.

Does this suffice?

3DA0FFC3-F452-4E40-86F3-A4743F64AB76.pngCan’t fit the other pic due to file size, but a single Olivia was my pity breaker.

Edited by Kurrin

2 hours ago, Kurrin said:

Does this suffice?

3DA0FFC3-F452-4E40-86F3-A4743F64AB76.pngCan’t fit the other pic due to file size, but a single Olivia was my pity breaker.

More motivation for S!Corrin and Legendary Erphaim.

1 hour ago, ZeManaphy said:

More motivation for S!Corrin and Legendary Erphaim.

Motivation? If you're talking about the rate, it was broken by a single PA!Olivia, same IVs as one I already have. That's dismotivation. If there's one good thing is that before this, after an 11.5% pity rate, the only other 5 Star I pulled this banner was a +Spd, -HP S!Corrin.

3 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Fiiiiiinally got Legendary Ephraim! He's +Atk/-Spd, but I guess that's not terrible since he isn't too speedy anyway.

Congrats! That's the same one I have.

So fun to use with that disgusting attack stat

15 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

What in hell.

Getting there is such a mathematical improbability. 

Is it? I haven't seen any numbers regarding the max pity rate for non-regular rates.

If I'm doing the math correctly, the chance of me not getting a 5 star from a full pull at a 15% rate is around 45%, leaving about a 55% chance of getting one. The gap in the increase rates gets smaller and smaller as you go. Additionally, presuming Legendary banners follow the same rules as regular banners, the actual max pity rate before it bumps up to 100% is 22.5%, so as sad as it is, I was roughly only halfway to the 100% pity rig.

15 minutes ago, Kurrin said:

Is it? I haven't seen any numbers regarding the max pity rate for non-regular rates.

If I'm doing the math correctly, the chance of me not getting a 5 star from a full pull at a 15% rate is around 45%, leaving about a 55% chance of getting one. 

Yes, but the chances to even get to a 15% pity rate in the first place is 2.312/10000.

0.023%

That's insane bad luck and there is no way anyone has gotten to the max pity rate if it is 22.5%.

Edited by Vince777