Ephraim, Legendary Lord (new Legendary Hero confirmed)

Armagon

2 hours ago, Kurrin said:

Is it? I haven't seen any numbers regarding the max pity rate for non-regular rates.

If I'm doing the math correctly, the chance of me not getting a 5 star from a full pull at a 15% rate is around 45%, leaving about a 55% chance of getting one. The gap in the increase rates gets smaller and smaller as you go. Additionally, presuming Legendary banners follow the same rules as regular banners, the actual max pity rate before it bumps up to 100% is 22.5%, so as sad as it is, I was roughly only halfway to the 100% pity rig.

How does that work?

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, MilodicMellodi said:

I just got my Ephraim (as well as Summer!Gaius and Shiro, in the same summoning round no less). Unfortunately, he's +Res/-Atk. What do you guys think I should do with him?

It doesn't seem like it really changes him much. He might be mildly worse at what he does, but the atk bane is a grand total of 6 damage per round, which is mitigable enough with other factors, and the res boon doesn't up his enough to really effectively use Berkut's Lance from just glancing at his stats. Maybe just run the +atk seal to offset the bane? Then again, I don't have him, so I can't really speak on how things workout for him from experience and I have't run any numbers. Maybe focus a little more on an EP build rather than a DB3 PP build? Even then, still seems like PP would be better since he'd KO someone, and with the HB seal, activate Sol or Luna, since 55 with no boosts save DB3 is pretty good, to heal some or most of the damage he took from initiating and then let everyone else catch up.

Edited by bottlegnomes

3 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

How does that work?

If you hit the button that gives you the list of every character that can be pulled from the banner, it's detailed way at the bottom under the list. Failing to summon a 5-star character 120 times in a row will cause your next summon session to have a 100% 5-star rate for all 5 summons.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you hit the button that gives you the list of every character that can be pulled from the banner, it's detailed way at the bottom under the list. Failing to summon a 5-star character 120 times in a row will cause your next summon session to have a 100% 5-star rate for all 5 summons.

8 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

How does that work?

@Kurrin - 115 pulls without a 5* (because 120 is when you trigger the ultima pity) would be 115/5 = 23 rate increases. 23 x .5% = 11.5% increase. 11.5% + 8% = 19.5% before it goes to 100%

So that means you were quite a bit more than halfway there. 70 out of 120, that's just 50 more to go.

@Ice Dragon & @Hawk King Makes sense. Never stopped to think about it so I always figured it just added up until it hit 100 and they just said 120 because that's when the math works out, but actually thinking about it, even if it were 120 full session equivalents, 620 summons, that'd still only be 66% after 120 (if my math is right: 3% focus + 3% regular + 60% pity (120 * 0.5 per session distributed between focus and non)), and it does definitely say 120 summons, not anything to do with sessions.

Edited by bottlegnomes

sheeet my gf pulled him! I'm salty... But atleast when i help her with challenges i can use him. I'll have to wait until he comes back to pull him. probably gonna save orbs until then he's a beast

I guess I'm going to have to wait to have an Ephraim that isn't -Atk.  I tried to pull some more, but got another SCorrin instead (+HP-Res).  Too bad he'll only ever be on the Legendary Banners, so I can't hope to get lucky and pull him off-focus.  At least I now have one of each of the Legendary Heroes, so I'll be ready for whatever this new mode is.

@Anacybele@DarkLordIvy

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I guess I'm going to have to wait to have an Ephraim that isn't -Atk.  I tried to pull some more, but got another SCorrin instead (+HP-Res).  Too bad he'll only ever be on the Legendary Banners, so I can't hope to get lucky and pull him off-focus.  At least I now have one of each of the Legendary Heroes, so I'll be ready for whatever this new mode is.

@Anacybele@DarkLordIvy

Yeah, same here, though my Eph isn't too great IV wise either (+Res, -Spd. Not the worst, but it doesn't do anything good for him). Can't wait to use him and Freddy in that new mode since they're my most powerful duo right now!

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, same here, though my Eph isn't too great IV wise either (+Res, -Spd. Not the worst, but it doesn't do anything good for him). Can't wait to use him and Freddy in that new mode since they're my most powerful duo right now!

On the plus side, I did pull another 4* Rachel.  (She's -Atk, but I'm just going to merge her anyway.)

Just now, Rezzy said:

On the plus side, I did pull another 4* Rachel.  (She's -Atk, but I'm just going to merge her anyway.)

That's neat! Too bad I still haven't pulled anymore Fredericks in forever. Though part of the reason for that is my horrible luck in getting greens to summon at all.

I wanted to get Summer Leo and Legendary Ephraim

Got a duplicate Legendary Ike with a shitty nature instead, as well as a summer Corrin with a shitty nature. But this continues a strange trend starting with Gunnthra -- where I get the legendary hero on the banner following their introduction. Perhaps I'll pull Ephraim in April.

Okay, I got my butt to work and did as many chain challenges that I thought I could do. Still, wasn't getting Ephraim. Then I was like, eh I'll just see if I have enough money and buy three orbs. So I did and I had 7, boom finally got Ephraim with that last try! So lucky, I'm so happy!

On my latest roll, I had one blue, three red and one colourless. I picked blue and Summer Corrin finally turned up! +atk -spd

I finished off the session to make the most of the 10% pity rate and also got Summer Gaius. That's the third time I've got a colourless 5-star when I haven't been aiming for them. I guess Summer Emblem can be a thing now.

17 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

Okay, I got my butt to work and did as many chain challenges that I thought I could do. Still, wasn't getting Ephraim. Then I was like, eh I'll just see if I have enough money and buy three orbs. So I did and I had 7, boom finally got Ephraim with that last try! So lucky, I'm so happy!

Nothing short of awesome.  Congrats!

Decided to hold myself to my budget this time around. I feel proud of myself.

395 pulls. Started by pulling all colors, but gave up on colorless pretty quickly after realizing the Olivia I already had was [+Spd, -Res]:

• Ephraim: 3. With the first one coming on pull 283. Typical legendary banner bullshit.
  • Shiro: 4.
  • Corrin: 8. Wtf, game.
  • Red Ike: 5.
  • Mia: 2.
  • Leo: 3.
  • Green Ike: 3.
  • Dorcas: 1.
  • Gunnthra: 2. Both of them were [+Res, -Spd], which is the exact same nature as my current merge base. Seriously, game.
  • Jaffar: 1.

Total: 32, 8.1%. Rather below average.

Bought one extra 75-orb pack at the end to clear out my pity rate. With 1 orb left, I got Ephraim [+Atk, -Spd]. Totally worth.

I had a strange luck on this banner. While I didn't get Ephraim (or a Corrin with better nature), I got six 5* units with a relatively low amount of orbs.  

• Shiro: 4
  • Mia: 1 (only new Hero from that banner, +ATK/-DEF)
  • Corrin (-SPD)

dang, this banner was not good to me. I ended up getting both Mia and Summer Leo in the same session so that is good, but through ~ 250 pulls my 5* rate was under 6%. I guess I got a lot of good fodder and some fodder units that I had run out of, but I have trouble clearing my barracks as it it... Goddammit IS let us pay you money to increase our barracks! 100 free spots for everyone and 300 more we need to use orbs for.

1 Ephraim - 0 Shiro - 1 Corrin

1 Ike - 1 Mia - 1 Leo

3 Gunnthra - 0 ike - 0 Dorcas 

2 Gaius - 1 Olivia - 2 Jaffar

Blues and greens were the colors I was most excited for. I wanted extra copies of all of them for merging except B!ike for more Steady Breath fodder but I got 0 of 3 of them, fml. At least I got my 1st Mia, Summer Leo, and Gaius. 

On the last legendary hero banner, my rate was over 10%.

Nothing this time.

Well...I mean I got Summer Corrin, but honestly didn't have any orbs to really spend. Also got really unlucky with sniping blue. I got 4 different pulls with NO blue. Just red and colorless which was annoying and waste of 20 full orbs. I started the banner with 0 orbs after dropping all my orbs to get Hector and Grima!Robin and what not, and so maybe spent like 50-ish orbs total on the legendary banner. Didn't have enough time to farm orbs. Back to savingggg and keeping a stash for April, so I can finally get Ephraim.