Problem accessing save data from a new device.

Dogla

Q&A topic ignores me, so I'll just copy my question in a separate topic:

I have an issue accessing my account on another device. So I broke my phone's screen and it's utterly unusable now; trying to access my save data on another device (install app>link Nintendo account at first prompt) always gives me this error saying: "Failed to link to the Nintendo Account. Please try again. If you have multiple apps open, please close all apps before trying again."

I have tried closing all other apps, clearing my browser cache, made sure I entered the same region starting up the app for the first time as on my Nintendo account, but the result never changes.

Anybody had this problem before? Any input would be appreciated!

If you haven't already, you might have to purge the old phone of all the app's data. I've never had to move an account before, so that's more or less a guess. Sorry I can't help more. 

IS might have an email for trouble-shooting you could try.

Ay thanks bruv. Waiting on that Nintendo support as we speak in the meantime. Just wanted to check for a quicker fix that's all.

>Contacts customer support

<gets told to contact customer support from the app

>there's no option to contact customer support from the app at initial startup screen

>starts up game and contacts customer support via the app

<gets told to link account at initial startup screen

B O I

One possibility is that your device ran out of RAM (or your device has aggressive memory management), killing FEH's process in the background preventing you from linking your account. Or perhaps you are using a wrong account? 

My memory of switching to my CAT is a bit fuzzy. Oh boy . . . that sentence. Anyways, I seem to recall it did that to me but it ended up working after a bit. I didn't do anything special as far as I know. That said I do think I uninstalled and reinstalled it on the new phone as a step. Not sure if it worked right after that or if it just linked up at random. Also I think I was logged into Nintendo on the phone's browser as well before I even opened the app.

Wish I could remember more, but it didn't really last long for me. One time it didn't connect and nearly gave me a panic attack and after a quick reinstall during which I phone browsed to nintendo's site/logged in it worked. Good luck!