[Solved ]How good is FE builder compared to using separate tools?

Serenade

Hi, this is my first actual post here. Only recently got into hacking really. I didn't see anything about this but my search functions  been wonky, so if there was I'm sorry. 

Anyways, basically  what title says, is FE Builder better, as good, or worse then seperate tools. I watched a tutorial on the basic FE builder stuff, and started wondering, if there was anything it can't do that gives other tools the advantage. I'm planning to start my first FE8 hack and I've got:FE Builder, event assembler, and Sappy, and if there was anything I might need since it lacks that function, I'd like to know.

Edited by Serenade

26 minutes ago, Kirb1337 said:

FEBuilder can basically do anything the other tools can. sometimes, it's worse at doing things that some tools, but it gets the job done, and is very easy to use for a begginer.

Ah I see, can ya cite some examples? Ya got me intersted.

On 2/28/2018 at 9:22 PM, Serenade said:

can ya cite some examples? Ya got me intersted.

Personally, I prefer Nightmare for simple changes like effectiveness repointing (because I'm semi-old fashioned and use hex editors for that kind of thing). From what I seem, doing it manually/with Nightmare is easier than FEbuilder though

From what I've noticed, GBAGE is more efficient towards changing icons (weapon icons, map sprites, title screens, etc) than FEBuilder. Granted, I've only used builder twice for changing sprites, and in an older update. It may now be better at doing that.

Aside from that though, builder is a lot better of a hacking tool, especially for a beginner. My issues may be from those being the methods I've done for years (I've been into hacking since TLP, and started working towards my own soon after). Personal preference beats efficiency in some things I guess haha