Funny examples of Gameplay Story Segregation?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, CyberController said:

Takumi will say the Nohrians have no honor, right after beating the shit out of a helpless staff-locked girl in chapter 6.

Saying Nohrians have no honor, doesn't inherently imply that Hoshidos do.

On 26.3.2018 at 4:01 PM, Jotari said:

Saying Nohrians have no honor, doesn't inherently imply that Hoshidos do.

And with that argument taken into consideration, anytime a Hoshidan calls out a Nohrian on "having no honour" just makes them a hypocritical asshole. Which in Takumi's case MIGHT actually not be too far from the truth. He's got the asshole part down pretty neatly, at least.
Thank you, you just gave me another reason to hate my least favourite character.

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Worse still if you have Felicia marry Jakob before playing this chapter...

TBF, it makes sense. With Flora dead, Felicia has to take up her duties. So, she does deserve a raise.

Edited by CyberController

23 minutes ago, CyberController said:

Senno, the boss of Ophelia's paralouge, is trying to collect rare tomes.

He's an Apothecary/Merchant, meaning he can't use magic at all. Maybe he should collect bows instead.

I think it's obvious he's collecting them to sell. I mean, if they're rare, they must be worth a lot.

2 hours ago, CyberController said:

Senno, the boss of Ophelia's paralouge, is trying to collect rare tomes.

He's an Apothecary/Merchant, meaning he can't use magic at all. Maybe he should collect bows instead.

Think about it again. He's an Apothecary or a Merchant.

Micaiah having less authority than Goran, the same general who fanatically follows Micaiah's orders. Zelgius having less authority than Istvan even though Istvan was extremely incompetent and fell easily while Zelgius showing up was the turning point as he managed to unite the Begnion army. 

2 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Micaiah having less authority than Goran, the same general who fanatically follows Micaiah's orders. Zelgius having less authority than Istvan even though Istvan was extremely incompetent and fell easily while Zelgius showing up was the turning point as he managed to unite the Begnion army. 

I'll never understand that...

I mean, I get that Micaiah has 0 stars in the chapter between 1-P and 1-5, but after being named General and gained people's respect (and even some people like Goran fight for her without any regret)... At least she should have 1 star like Pelleas (I will justify her lack of more stars because the non-Daein people probably doesn't like her).

9 hours ago, Troykv said:

I mean, I get that Micaiah has 0 stars in the chapter between 1-P and 1-5, but after being named General and gained people's respect (and even some people like Goran fight for her without any regret)... At least she should have 1 star like Pelleas (I will justify her lack of more stars because the non-Daein people probably doesn't like her).

Doesn't really hold in the chapters where she's leading only Daein troops. EVen in the narrative her popularity is so great people start to get worried she'll usurp Pelleas. Maybe it has more to do with their own confidence as a leader.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Doesn't really hold in the chapters where she's leading only Daein troops. EVen in the narrative her popularity is so great people start to get worried she'll usurp Pelleas. Maybe it has more to do with their own confidence as a leader.

But under that logic, you'd think some of them (pick an egomaniac) would automatically max out. Or Zelgius for that matter seems extremely in control.
However, Micaiah's own lack of confidence could still play a factor. Perhaps it's a blend of one's own confidence and the army's morale/trust in the leader?

Not that it's a perfect explanation, but it's better than nothing.

16 hours ago, Troykv said:

I would have given her an authority star when she becomes vice-general. She'd later on gain three stars once she becomes supreme commander. Once she is revealed to be the true Apostle, she'd gain four authority stars because she gains respect just by hosting Yune. You do have a good point about the non Daein people and it would be weird to remove authority stars in part 4 so maybe that's why they didn't bother giving her.  Or the people who made this game were dysfunctional. The writers wanted to portray Micaiah as a charismatic and capable leader while the programmers thought that Micaiah is supposed to be a weak leader and the best way to show this is by giving her zero authority stars. 

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

That doesn't hold because Micaiah has more confidence than beginning of part 2 Elincia and Pelleas. Also that doesn't make logical sense because authority stars help the army. Whether or not the leader is confident doesn't matter unless the lack of confidence is revealed to the troops, which would demoralize them. Micaiah sounds pretty confident when commanding the army vast majority of the time. 

FE4 Pawn shop/Item trading/indvidual Gold. 

For the game with the best Gameplay/Story integration, this is one of the most unbelieveable things tbh. Like why can't Allies share weapons and help each other lmao.

It's the worst Item management Mechanic to ever exist too.

27 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

For the game with the best Gameplay/Story integration, this is one of the most unbelieveable things tbh. Like why can't Allies share weapons and help each other lmao.

It's actually probably the most realistic item mechanic in the series. Why would they randomly give their stuff away to their friends? It's their stuff! They paid for it with their own money. Arya likes that Hero Sword, alternatively, she'd like to get some money for it if she's not using it anymore. Because it's her weapon. She doesn't want to give it to Holyn only from to give it back broken.

34 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I don't think you guys love communism that much.

6 minutes ago, Jotari said:

It's actually probably the most realistic item mechanic in the series. Why would they randomly give their stuff away to their friends? It's their stuff! They paid for it with their own money. Arya likes that Hero Sword, alternatively, she'd like to get some money for it if she's not using it anymore. Because it's her weapon. She doesn't want to give it to Holyn only from to give it back broken.

except they are in a Army. If an ally is about to die but he needs that weapon, give it to him. Weapons in Armies belong to the Army, not the indvidual Soldier.

Or are the Tank drivers now Tank owners and no one else can drive that tank?

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

except they are in a Army. If an ally is about to die but he needs that weapon, give it to him. Weapons in Armies belong to the Army, not the indvidual Soldier.

Or are the Tank drivers now Tank owners and no one else can drive that tank?

Soldiers don't just trade their stuff willy nilly in the army. They work with the equipment they're given. The same soldiers fly the same planes and use the same guns. Sure, if someone's about to get killed a person might throw over their weapon, but that's a level of examination smaller than the scope of Genalogy and it's continent spanning war. In that regard, the only thing that's unrealistic about it is that you can't choose who to distribute a new weapon or item to when you first obtain it (which is definitely something I would be on for seeing added).

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

but that's a level of examination smaller than the scope of Genalogy and it's continent spanning war.

Considering we are living the life of soldiers fighting the War, it's the same scope.

Also, you can't just go Trade in the Army's Gun/Weapon for Quick $$$, and before every Mission you get Weapons ditributed afaik.

41 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Considering we are living the life of soldiers fighting the War, it's the same scope.

Also, you can't just go Trade in the Army's Gun/Weapon for Quick $$$, and before every Mission you get Weapons ditributed afaik.

You are referring to modern warfare, where in most countries, guns are banned, you can't just stop by a shop to buy guns.

But this is medieval warfare, where rich and poor nobles exists, they can be friends/rivals but they won't easily share stuffs.

young squires can afford to get a set of armor that will keep them alive in battle, while fully-fledged knights and nobles can have the armor that befits their personal status and rank

Edited by hanhnn

Barring the echoes characters (who all have zero constitution), Florina has the lowest constitution in the series.

In Fire Emblem Heroes, she wields the only weapon in the game with the word "heavy" in its name.

16 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

You misinterpret what I mean by scope. I don't mean genre, I mean the scale of the battle. Like the way Thracia has the same story as Chapter 7 and 8 of Holy War, but at a smaller scope where taking indvidiual castles is a chapter unto itself and the cast is bigger. The battles in Genealogy of the Holy War are not intimate battles where two characters can toss a sword to each other, they represent larger scale conflicts. Unless you subscribe to the idea that Sigurd launched a full frontal attack against the empire with less than two dozen people.