Empire: Holy Rebirth

Erren

The Story:

Spoiler

The story is told on the continent of Elregard, where the 300 year old empire of Magnolia was built upon the ideas of hope, possibility and wisdom. However, it hadn't always been like this. Prior to our story, humans had battled over land and honor for their country after the Elves gave it to them, in return for their services for a war they had against the Orcish tribes. Each country wanted to seize absolute control over the feudal lands, while the rest of the world had faced doom from monstrous creatures that came from the grounds below the Genesis Mountain, where it is said to be the beginning of Elregard. Of the monsters, there stood someone that they bowed to. A dragon god, Ashram, who gained godhood from the Genesis Mountain with a ritual, and turned against his fellow people, with he being the reason that the Manaketes had went endangered. It was said Ashram was once peaceful and hated the idea of war, but soon became disgusted in all lifeforms and their wars without gains. He felt as if it was his mission to eradicate the population of Elregard and start anew, where everyone who agreed to kneel before him could flourish. It was only when the humans started to get attacked by these monsters that they involved themselves against Ashram.

It was soon before they realized that the only way to defeat a god is to have holy weapons, because normal weapons did nothing against the divine beings. The humans took seven of their weapons, A Sword, an Axe, a Lance, a Bow, a tome of Light Magic, a tome of Dark Magic and a Dagger, to a sacred shrine in the heart of the Willow Springs, a lake said to have divine power. Placing their weapons within the shrine's waters and offering a gift to the gods, their weapons became blessed, and it was used to fatally damage Ashram and his monster army so that he could be sealed away within the World's Heart, a dark, hellish domain underneath the Genesis Mountain, used to imprison those who seemed as a true threat to the gods. When the monsters were sealed away, the lords had set aside past differences and united the feudal lands to form an empire, as well as a council that created the laws and put people in power. When those lords or representatives died or retired, new ones were elected, and so on, and when the seven feudal lords died, their weapons were hidden away in temples and across the continent, where they waited for new, worthy wielders to defend the empire.

For these years, the empire had progressed well, and nothing had seemed to be going wrong... Until the current Emperor, Kassius Of Manchester, a wise, strong and well taught leader, fell ill to a new epidemic, dubbed Agonia, and rumors fly by that he died from this, but he hadn’t, and wasn't expected to make a full recovery.. You would suppose it would be passed to his eldest son, right? Wrong. He couldn’t have kids because he was sterile, thus preventing an heir to the throne from his bloodline. So from his wife, Maria of Florence’s (who died a year before) side of the family, came his son in law, “Ascended Lion” Cecilio of Florence, an ignorant, cowardly, dumbfounded sadist, who was the emperors’ Right Hand Man, took the empty throne for himself after a vote 4 to 3, and appointed new leaders, senators, etc. of strength and reputation, but also selfish, greedy and stone-hearted. These were the ones he appointed as his new council: “Merciless Soldier” Shalashaska of Cairo, “Cunning Chemist” Yoshitsune of Edo, “Dark Valkyrie” Agnessa of Volgograd, “Conmaster” Nixon of Concord, “Renowned Warrior” Ermanno of Florence, “Deadly Shaman” Ihaia of Auckland, and “Sinful Sage” Beckler of Manchester, all of which he has history with, and since they share the same idea - Only the strong survive... a point were going to prove.

Weeks after the psuedo emperor and senator’s coronations, things had went downhill. Because of the rise in taxes and the cut of markets, not only did members of society begin to lose their money and jobs, but the supply of food was shortened. When demanding for markets to be opened up again, protests had begun, and to control the masses via force, the guards had attacked these protestors, fatally injuring and killing some, and placing others under arrest. Not only that, but sorts of uncivilized riots broke out among society because fears taken control of them and now they lash out against each other.

As things had seemed bad enough, it was only getting worse. The same Agonia, the one that made the emperor sick had spread because of these open wounds caused by the guards, as well as from vermin and termites. Symptoms had included muscle pain, upset stomach, chills, trouble hearing, rashes, dark urine and confusion. All of this, and they had the ability to get away with it, due to Cecilio putting equal power between himself and his council, and less to no power to anyone below that. Anyone who had caught on to their plans and threatened to overthrow were arrested immediately... and never heard from again. The council only consisted of the eight after the massive removal of senators, and the massive payments to be doing this from other corrupt officials.

There are some who don’t fall to any of what has happened and are extremely pissed. They do come to terms in agreement that the ‘Emperor’ must be dethroned, a cure must be found, and the truth must be revealed so that everything can go back to normal. Of course, the new adviser and head Tactician of the Empire, “Mastermind” Corypheus of Genesis Mountain, had plans to unseal the same dragon-god and Monsters from years prior by sacrificing the body and blood of the true emperor where the monsters had been sealed. The epidemic, the uncontrolled chaos, and the psuedo government, all were being as bait for heroes looking to save their country. Will our heroes set everything right, or will it be the end of the empire?

What I need to add:

I have to add names for the empire, continent, weapons, government name, religion, ideology, etc. to make and keep it interesting for new, current and experienced Roleplayers. I also need to add some ideas that are relevant to the plot.

Added:

Spoiler

Districts: these were the former feudal lands before the empire’s formation. Wherever your character comes from will affect their stats and growth rate.

Concord District: Heart of the empire, formerly named after founder Henry, and lord during the formation was Roosevelt, a renowned sword user. Most of the riots happen here. They’re well rounded in their skills. (Neutral stats)

Outer Regions: Beyond the walls of the empire exists a truly wonderful area, mostly occupied by elves, dwarves, manaketes, orcs and other people. Like Concordians, they are well rounded. 

Edo District: home of art in the empire, it was formerly named after founder Kojima, and lord during the formation was Tanahashi, a master shot with a bow and arrow. Home to many beautiful illustrations, adored and patroned by Kassius. They hold more speed in return for less luck. (+Spd,-Lck).

Manchester District: the magical area of the empire, formerly named after founder Arthur, and lord during the formation was Perceval, a master of the holy arts. Many gifted individuals come here to hone their untapped skill. Their magic makes up for loss in strength. (+Mag,-Str)

Volgrograd District: the beef of the empires military, formerly named after founder Novgorod, and lord during the formation was Volgin, innovative Axeman. It’s known for its harsh weather. Their defense outlasts their skill. (+Def,-Skl)

Cairo District: the mining area of the empire, formerly named after founder Mansa, and lord during the formation was Nzinga, a swift lance user. The hottest district of the empire. Their luck truly defeats their persistence. (+Lck,-Res)

Auckland District: the port of the empire, formerly named after founder Malok, and lord during the formation was Ratana, a hexing dark arts master. Known for its trade. Their strength lasts longer than their vitality. (+Atk,-HP)

Florence District: the cooks of the empire, formerly named after founder Benito, and lord during the formation was Cicero, tricky dagger user. Its scent of delicious food can be snuffed out from a mile away. Their persistence is stronger than their skill. (+Res,-Skl)

—————————————————————

Ideologies within the Empire: When mixing together groups, new ideas come to rise, as its been in the case of history. Here is just a few of them:

Romulism - originated from Florence, this ideology focuses on self worth and possibility for all.

Vladmirism - originated from Volgrograd, this ideology is all about strength in one and hardship.

Merlinism - originated from Manchester, this ideology shows what magic really is, and how one can tap into his own power.

Kusamism - originated from Edo, this ideology reveals the power in art and what creativity does for the individual.

Pikism - originated from Auckland, this ideology has inspired hard work and the right mindset.

Shakism - originated from Cairo, this ideology shows peace for the soul and to be one with the ancestors.

These ideas had also carried out to the outer regions during expeditions for goods for the empire.

————————————————————

People of the Districts and their appearances:

Concord: nothing really special about the Concordians. Most cap height at around 5’6, and most weigh around 200 pounds or less.

Manchester: the Manchesterians are paler than most and have poncy accents. Their height cap is 5’11, and weigh around 170-180 pounds.

Edo: the Edoans are darker than Concordians when it comes to skin color, but are only around 5’1 and weigh around 155 pounds.

Volgrograd: the Volgogradians are taller than Concordians, around 6’4 and are naturally built people around 230 lbs.

Auckland: The Aucklandians are the darkest in skin color, their height around 6’1 and around 210 lbs or more.

Florence: The Florenians are about the same as the Manchesterians, around 5’8 and weigh at 170 lbs.

Others: others outside of the Empire’s walls may vary. Elves are medium in height and yet pale with their renowned ears. Dwarves are the second shortest of people, and they don’t have a lot of weight. Orcs are about as tall as the Volgrogradians, are built and have their signature skin color with War paint as birth marks. Hobbits are the shortest of the people, having hairy feet and are light skinned. Kitsunes have signature fox ears and tail and are very magical. Manaketes don’t age as much as the rest of the races, and they are about as tall as the Manchesterians.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rules:
1. Nothing OP
2. Be respectful to one another
3. If you have anything to say out of character, put it in parenthesis and say OOC:
4. Try to have as much fun as you can
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character Sheet:

Name (Your characters name, obviously)

Gender (Dont want to be classified as genderless, right?)

Age (this speaks for itself)

From District (where your character lives. Put in an Outer Region if not from the empire)

Choice of Weapon (do I have to explain? And you have to have a skill to have more than one type of weapon, or a promotion in class)

Weapon Grade (Players who join from the start of the Roleplay have a Weapon grade of D. If joined later, they’ll start with a C Weapon in their inventory, but may have a better weapon grade. Every time you battle, it increases by 3 EXP by battle, and 6 EXP per battle win, and you must have 65 EXP to get a weapon grade level up)

Stats: (Roll 2d20 for health, and 1d10 for other skills.)

Skills (This should be pretty simple. Each player starts off with 128 Skill Points, and can put extra skill points for stat growth, but must have 30 points in a growth for it to increase. Some skills have tiers, and the higher in tier, the more it’ll cost. Each level up will get 10 extra skill points. I will discuss the skills when I can.)

Level (Simple. Each player must reach 100 EXP to level up. You get more if you’re fighting/KO’ing a stronger foe, and less if fighting/KO’ing a weaker foe. Each battle gives off 3 LEXP points, and each battle victory gives 6 LEXP)

Starting Equipment (There are also equipment points. A player starts with 128 Equipment Points, and equipment have  tier system as stated: E - D - C - B - A - S, where E costs the lest, and S costs the most. Your weapon experience is the tier system. I will make a spreadsheet for this)

Weapons: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ikh65SssGSBMROj7ihXrR2Q_jYY-d-WW0MIC5fa0Mk/edit?usp=sharing
Items: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JTpdmi7kOb_aILBmIvf2KSHBJSQgw2sPz3tnyAGt3uw/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Erren

I really think you need to take a step back from SF's RP section and try to learn how to write these things properly. No one's going to join these, and you're just going to upset yourself.

1 hour ago, SnakeMomMelissa said:

I really think you need to take a step back from SF's RP section and try to learn how to write these things properly. No one's going to join these, and you're just going to upset yourself.

I mean, yeah, it needs more background and meat to it, but this doesn't help, and if it were me getting this response, I'd think it was mean.

I've recommended it a hundred times: Springhole.net. It's a gold mine for writing and RPing.

As for the OP, write more about this empire. What is it like? Medieval? Modern? Steampunk? What is the emperor like? What is his son in law like? How does this empire watch over the world? Are there monsters or another type of enemy that threatens other kingdoms and only this empire has the means to fight them? What races and species exist? Etc. Look at other RP signups and see how they did it for examples.

Just now, Dragoncat said:

I mean, yeah, it needs more background and meat to it, but this doesn't help, and if it were me getting this response, I'd think it was mean.

Kenta (his original account) has been on SF for several years now trying to join RPs and start them with the bare minimum. He's received plenty of criticism from multiple sources. I don't care if it's mean. He's not improved or shown any learning from everything he's been given. He needs to take a step back and re-evaluate what he's doing here. No one is going to want to join a nothing RP, and no good RP is going to want to accept his barebones ideas.

1 minute ago, SnakeMomMelissa said:

Kenta (his original account) has been on SF for several years now trying to join RPs and start them with the bare minimum. He's received plenty of criticism from multiple sources. I don't care if it's mean. He's not improved or shown any learning from everything he's been given. He needs to take a step back and re-evaluate what he's doing here. No one is going to want to join a nothing RP, and no good RP is going to want to accept his barebones ideas.

I see...

Well in that case...I guess I'll tell him to take the advice instead of ignore it.

Name: Sean
Appearance: Light red hair, and green eyes.
Class: Mage
Weapon(s): Fire, Elwind
Short Bio: A studious young mage who wishes to change the world for the better.

10 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

I see...

Well in that case...I guess I'll tell him to take the advice instead of ignore it.

10 hours ago, SnakeMomMelissa said:

See, I am trying, but for god sake, you don't have to slam me for doing shit at the bare minimum. It's a medieval setting. The emperor is a tough SOB, but is wise and knows his limits. His in law, on the other hand, is bat shit crazy, gory and thinks he's a damn god because he owns the throne. They own most of the known world, and they had to take it from monsters and ghouls to keep it. Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Manaketes, etc.

Just don't be afraid to write down long backgrounds, anything people would want to know, for crying out loud include it. Don't be lazy. The bare minimum won't cut it in most cases. Look at Springhole.net for help.

If you just do the bare minimum, it is very lazy, if you have to, spend at least a day or two working on your setting and only post it when you have more than just a bare bones paragraph. Because if what Snake Mom said is correct and you've gotten advice and not taken it, that is not "trying", that is remaining stagnant and not improving.

4 hours ago, Erren said:

See, I am trying, but for god sake, you don't have to slam me for doing shit at the bare minimum. It's a medieval setting. The emperor is a tough SOB, but is wise and knows his limits. His in law, on the other hand, is bat shit crazy, gory and thinks he's a damn god because he owns the throne. They own most of the known world, and they had to take it from monsters and ghouls to keep it. Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Manaketes, etc.

I'm not even slamming you. All things considered, I'm being pretty tame. You've been given plenty of past advice by me, Phoenix, Shin, and a few others who have wandered into your threads, but you don't take the advice. Nobody in the RP section wants bare minimum, empty RPs. Go look at the Angelcynn signup topic. Go look at mine, for heck's sake. They're long. They're detailed. They have tonnes of interesting information.

That's what players want. Thats how you get people. Not with one paragraph and a plea. If you really ever want to be taken seriously here on SF, then take all the advice you've been given over the years, and use it to improve. Otherwise... I guess these RPs will keep being empty.

21 hours ago, SnakeMomMelissa said:

I'm not even slamming you. All things considered, I'm being pretty tame. You've been given plenty of past advice by me, Phoenix, Shin, and a few others who have wandered into your threads, but you don't take the advice. Nobody in the RP section wants bare minimum, empty RPs. Go look at the Angelcynn signup topic. Go look at mine, for heck's sake. They're long. They're detailed. They have tonnes of interesting information.

That's what players want. Thats how you get people. Not with one paragraph and a plea. If you really ever want to be taken seriously here on SF, then take all the advice you've been given over the years, and use it to improve. Otherwise... I guess these RPs will keep being empty.

My. FUCKING. GOD.

Fine, but I actually HAVE been taken seriously on SF (Just on opposite parts of the site cause i'm not a loser who RPs all the damn time and I don't expect you to be one either), and I'm not going to let your dumb threats bring me down. I will restart this and it will be better than before, YOU'LL SEE. Everyone will.

And when you say, heck look at mine, I EXPECT A LINK TO SHIT LIKE THAT

And when I'm finished re-doing this, I would like some apologies and I'll hand some out myself (less than anyone wants.)

dude use your eyes lmao

it's on the first page
come on dude

same with angelcynn

you APPLIED to angelcynn before

you can't be like this. and your attitude is kinda mega trash. all a lot of us do on SF is RP. but if you're gonna call that a 'loser' thing to do, you're really not gonna get anyone lmao.

Kenta, I've fucked up worse than you on several occasions, and not once did I ever blame anyone for the things I did and didn't do. Why is it hard for you to do the same? And I've only been around for 2 years on this site. I consider my RPs the bare minimum of what people would call fun, maybe less, and this is far less than that. Look at my recent project, and what I did. I have a lot more to do with it, too, and I know that. This is barely anything. Your attitude does you a disservice, too. I don't expect anyone to out themselves as rude when I made the mistake. If anything, I feel like I should be apologizing to the likes of Mel and Shin every time I fuck up. You give no effort, and you attack criticism. Reassess your time, like I did. It will help you a lot.

4 hours ago, Hylian Air Force said:

Kenta, I've fucked up worse than you on several occasions, and not once did I ever blame anyone for the things I did and didn't do. Why is it hard for you to do the same? And I've only been around for 2 years on this site. I consider my RPs the bare minimum of what people would call fun, maybe less, and this is far less than that. Look at my recent project, and what I did. I have a lot more to do with it, too, and I know that. This is barely anything. Your attitude does you a disservice, too. I don't expect anyone to out themselves as rude when I made the mistake. If anything, I feel like I should be apologizing to the likes of Mel and Shin every time I fuck up. You give no effort, and you attack criticism. Reassess your time, like I did. It will help you a lot.

See, I’m going to try and do that, but your projects are absolutely confusing, and I can’t tell what I can draw from them and how they can help me in the long run.

Look at the OPs of my RPs. The amount of detail I put into them, while still obviously paling in comparison to the likes of Angelcynn and RotE, is tremendous. Also, I write down a lot of my ideas, and then translate them onto Google docs to revise them, though I was unable to do this with my new project due to circumstances not fully under my control. If you do this with your ideas, you can translate them into the OP. You said you need help, but other than advice, what do you need? Help with organization? A lot of people can help with that. But you need to ask for help and stop letting your pride and arrogance get in the way of making an experience you and other people on here enjoy.

Hey, that's much better! 

I totally get how getting criticism can feel and how easy it is to take it as an attack on you. Trust me. I made a complete whiny ass out of myself in the spriting forum. It really does feel like everyone here is like, go big awesome masterpiece or go home. It's why I don't post in the spriting forum anymore, since it's still sore, but as we digress...

It's not as detailed as Super Robot Wars or Angelcynn, but it's a start, and your idea does have potential. Just remember this and learn from it.

So I'll lay this out real quick for you. 

For thousands of years, the world was watched over by the founders of an all mighty empire. With the right leaders, and the right goals, everything had went right...

A quick google search leads me to conclude that the time-frame for most empires does not last "thousands of years" just because the stars aligned for that length of time. I recognize that you can do whatever the hell you want in fiction, but you better have a damn good reason for an empire lasting that long. The Roman Empire lasted ~1500 years. The Ottoman Empire lasted ~600. Your opening line sucks. As a reader, my first question is: how did this empire last for thousands of years? Your response is: it just did.

Who were the rulers? Who were the founders? How did the nation start? What about what the world USED to be like before it got dominated by Team Rocket? You don't get to conquer the world without making some enemies. What sorts of wars were fought during this period of thousands of years? What methods did the empire employ to subjugate the entire damn world? 

Until the Emperor had went ill, and his corrupted adviser and son-in-law took the throne. There, things began to go downhill.

Okay, so you're telling me this empire that has lasted thousands of years and dominated the globe was brought down because the "Nameless Emperor" died of influenza and his corrupt son-in-law took over? What about his actual children? What happened to them? What about the Emperor's knights? They just chilled while literally Hitler decided to start mucking things up? (Additionally, this Emperor doesn't even have a name--much like your empire.)

There, things began to go downhill. Brutality, Taxes, and shortages of food happened, and the people were pissed, but there was nothing they could do to revolt against them, not with the idea of prison camps in mind. But all it took was one moment for that to change for a few people.

And again, I'm surprised it took thousands of years for this empire to turn shitty, but I digress. Here you make the point "there was nothing they could do to revolt" : "but all it took was one moment for that to change". So which is it? Can the people revolt or not? 

I'm out of things to quote now. Your setting and plot hook amounts to a whopping paragraph of description and detail. And that's being generous. Suppose I want to make a character. What sort of background can I write with the given information? I can't write anything. I don't know anything about the territories within the empire. I don't know anything about the cultures. I know nothing about the geography. We don't even get a time period. Stone age, bronze age, iron...? Is there magic here? How does that operate? What about other common fantasy tropes? Dragons? Elves? Monsters? Is this even fantasy to begin with? I could go on and on really. You need to create a world that is engaging.

Edit: I see you've already made some adjustments in the interim, but I'll leave this here for posterity. 

Edited by Vestige

17 minutes ago, Vestige said:

So I'll lay this out real quick for you. 

A quick google search leads me to conclude that the time-frame for most empires does not last "thousands of years" just because the stars aligned for that length of time. I recognize that you can do whatever the hell you want in fiction, but you better have a damn good reason for an empire lasting that long. The Roman Empire lasted ~1500 years. The Ottoman Empire lasted ~600. Your opening line sucks. As a reader, my first question is: how did this empire last for thousands of years? Your response is: it just did.

Who were the rulers? Who were the founders? How did the nation start? What about what the world USED to be like before it got dominated by Team Rocket? You don't get to conquer the world without making some enemies. What sorts of wars were fought during this period of thousands of years? What methods did the empire employ to subjugate the entire damn world? 

Okay, so you're telling me this empire that has lasted thousands of years and dominated the globe was brought down because the "Nameless Emperor" died of influenza and his corrupt son-in-law took over? What about his actual children? What happened to them? What about the Emperor's knights? They just chilled while literally Hitler decided to start mucking things up? (Additionally, this Emperor doesn't even have a name--much like your empire.)

And again, I'm surprised it took thousands of years for this empire to turn shitty, but I digress. Here you make the point "there was nothing they could do to revolt" : "but all it took was one moment for that to change". So which is it? Can the people revolt or not? 

I'm out of things to quote now. Your setting and plot hook amounts to a whopping paragraph of description and detail. And that's being generous. Suppose I want to make a character. What sort of background can I write with the given information? I can't write anything. I don't know anything about the territories within the empire. I don't know anything about the cultures. I know nothing about the geography. We don't even get a time period. Stone age, bronze age, iron...? Is there magic here? How does that operate? What about other common fantasy tropes? Dragons? Elves? Monsters? Is this even fantasy to begin with? I could go on and on really. You need to create a world that is engaging.

Edit: I see you've already made some adjustments in the interim, but I'll leave this here for posterity. 

Noted. I am currently making some improvements, and as I stated before with my edit, I need names. It takes time to create these kind of names

Edited by Erren

Quick question, how does he have a son-in-law if he's sterile? If he can't have kids, he can't have a guy marry his kid to become his son-in-law.

Edit: I appear to have been ninja'd whoops. Point still stands though.

Edited by scorri

1 hour ago, Erren said:

It takes time to create these kind of names

http://bfy.tw/GvfW

alternatively use real places in older languages, mythos, etc, or just define a consistent theme for your naming conventions, but that's the kind of work you gotta do before putting anything on the table

or on a thread