Alice in Brexitland Mafia - Game Over

SB.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point, BBM.

##Vote: Eurykins

FWIW I thought her claim reflected poorly on her push of BBM's claim, if anything. If I were a townie in her position, my conclusion would be "oh, this claim checks out with info I have" and not feel threatened by it.

Well one of them is a (cycle doc) claim and one of them is not.

I think there's scum between them even outside what they've done in the game because 2 cycle docs a roleblocker a deathproof and a rogueblocker feels like too much potential kill denial for any one scum faction to deal with.

Not changing my vote yet.

##vote: eurykins

i dunno i read her reaction to bbm's claim as thinking she's been cc'd and jumping to the conclusion that she's got something, since that seemed like something eury would do, but meh i don't know. if there ARE two kills though where did the second one go?

there's scum between the two of them I'm fine with lynching either one.

1 minute ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

I can roll with it. Anyone else with a saving action should claim IMO.

why?

knocking out a faction is a good point that I forgot about but the downside is that we lynch our hooker vs a cycle 4 doc? (especially since we're going to sweep this game by then anyways!!!!) i guess it depends on how confident you are that they're scum if you remove the claim and I'm more confident in scum eury than scum arcanite.

still need to do the weapons reread though. shinori can you explain why you didn't think weapons's eod1 actions made sense as bard's buddy?

not ANYONE but a cycle 1 doc should claim if they exist

If bard/Arcanite are buddies and both have roleblocking abilities I'd wonder if they are a faction that kills at day whereas Eury as a cycle doc + 1 other with some sort of protection, be it cycle doc or vest of some sort are a night killing faction.  This would give both scum teams defenses against the other scum team.  This also makes sense with all of the random protection roles lying about because then it would literally give part a nice handful of them to scum.

Just now, Propeller Knight said:

why?

Because we don't know if success means they didn't get their action fiddled with, or if they actually blocked someone.

1 minute ago, BBM said:

not ANYONE but a cycle 1 doc should claim if they exist

This.

1 minute ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

@Arcanite, does successful roleblock mean you successfully stopped Eury from doing an action or just that the roleblock was itself successful. If just the latter, then of course it's not definitive.

99% sure SB would only tell arcanite the latter, not the former. that being said it's still the most plausible reason for no kill barring a cycle 1 doc claim. i think basically everyone has posted though so I'm pretty sure a cycle 1 doc doesn't exist or they would have claimed by now.

Day 2.3 - Votals
Arcanite (4): Refa, Shinori, Snike
Eurykins (4): Omega, Prims, Via, Weapons
Omega (1): eclipse

Not Voting: Arcanite, BBM, Eurykins, Walrein

You have ~66 hours left in the day.  With 13 alive, it takes 4 to lynch and 8 to hammer.

Edited by Iris

4 minutes ago, Propeller Knight said:

if there ARE two kills though where did the second one go?

Cycle 1 doc save?  Maybe?  Or missed action?  I'm working under an assumption that one scum team kills in the morning and one at night.  Eury being blocked at night and a doc save or a forgotten action Day 1.

3 minutes ago, BBM said:

still need to do the weapons reread though. shinori can you explain why you didn't think weapons's eod1 actions made sense as bard's buddy?

I don't see how he pushes Bard mostly the entire day to only swap at the very end of the day to omega instead of Eury of all people.  There was more chance for Eury to be lynched, but I guess Weapons was not scum reading her for the day phase so he couldn't just randomly 180 on that.  However he was a fairly strong advocate for a Bard lynch for most of the day phase I think?  I don't see why he hard busses his buddy that is his only buddy and then hard swap off of them in the last hour or two of the day phase.

Eh.

I'd rather wait for Eury to show up and say something.  But if she doesn't, then I won't protest that lynch, either.  But for now, she's got enough for a deadline lynch.

Right now wagons are tied but it's less than 8 hours into the phase so it's not a problem.

thinking about it I think the most plausible outcome for no kills yesterday is that the Riddler faction is more of an ITP faction than a second scumteam. they have daykills but they don't start occurring until later in the game, so there's one town cycle doc and one scum cycle doc to protect themselves. and eury is in the mafia, who kill at night like normal and got hooked. this is probably why there's specifically still a faction called "Mafia", as SB confirmed. and the ITP faction also has the rogue to block themselves partially from scum. i'm going to guess that bard's informed told him the identity of one scum.

7 minutes ago, BBM said:

thinking about it I think the most plausible outcome for no kills yesterday is that the Riddler faction is more of an ITP faction than a second scumteam. they have daykills but they don't start occurring until later in the game, so there's one town cycle doc and one scum cycle doc to protect themselves. and eury is in the mafia, who kill at night like normal and got hooked. this is probably why there's specifically still a faction called "Mafia", as SB confirmed. and the ITP faction also has the rogue to block themselves partially from scum. i'm going to guess that bard's informed told him the identity of one scum.

Maybe the Riddler faction is the one with the day kills?  It feels really OP to have a single scum faction that can kill on multiple phases.

yes but in return they don't gain kills until later in the game, and they're also at day so they can't be hooked. bard being informed as to a scum member's identity is just conjecture, but i think some kind of kill delay or limitation, or walrein being scum, are the most plausible reasons for no day 1 kill. pretty sure there's no cycle 1 doc at this point.

yes eclipse that's my theory; the ITP are the daykillers but they can't do it right away. would explain why scum have a cycle doc as well.

being motivated to reread when there's a guilty is hard; who knew

I reread Weapons and I still think the interactions are pretty suspicious. Yes, he kind of pushed Bard for most of the day, but he didn't vote him until pretty late. critically, this is the first post where he has a proper case against Bard, but he finds a reason to keep his vote on Prims:

On 3/5/2018 at 8:40 PM, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

Well I typed up a post and it disappeared so that’s fun. Basically I disagree with the philosophy that town should act in a certain way and instead it’s on the scumhunters to be able to read whatever they’re doing as long as they’re not pulling some shit. Depending on meta/experience, I feel like Bard should know better and being suspicious of Arcanite for stated reasons is too easy of a case, especially since I think Arcanite’s attitude and posting patterns are more indicative of town. But if he has principles, he has principles. I feel the same with Eury a lot of the time, which is why I’m less suspicious of her atm, but also she’s a lot to read and I can’t even.

Im leaving my vote on Prims though; I find it weird that that was the set of topics he decided to comment on after coming back to the thread. I can see it as scum deciding to make an effort post to transition back into the game, but that might be tunneling. Especially considering how confident he seems with his read on me, and how that was the crux of the post, I feel like town would be more careful to consider that meta might change after 3 years.

his reason for keeping his vote on Prims here is also really weak fwiw. he never really talks about what exactly is weird about the topics Prims chose to comment on. they seem pretty normal to me; Prims just talked about a couple scumreads and defended himself from some suspicions. The bit about meta being the crux of Prims's case against him is also flat out wrong; Prims's case was about self-consciousness and catching him in a contradiction.

after that Weapons just kind of piddles around saying Bard is scummy but doesn't vote him until there are about 21 hours left in the phase. He's the first vote on Bard here, and Eury is at 5 votes, so she's the clear favourite for lynch candidate at this point. He posts a couple times after that, and by the time of his last post before sleeping or whatever, he's arguing for bard and against eury, but the wagons are 5-3, still in favour of Eury.

then when he comes back, wagons are 6-3-2 bard/eury/omega and suddenly it's gone from eury edging bard by a few votes to bard being the presumptive lynch candidate. he can't switch to eury at this point bc he's been arguing against her lynch for a bit now, so he switches to omega. this is his sole reason for not wanting to lynch bard:

-I feel like Bard is Eury pt2

that's it, the only reason for him pulling a 180 on someone he's been consistently scumreading for a while. this reason is bogus. firstly, if he's talking about them being similar content-wise, that's not true other than both of them suspecting me for misreading. secondly weapons KNOWS about this content difference- his original bard case that's quoted up there is about bard making an easy case against arcanite*, not scumreading me, and also thinking that bard should know better. he does make a separate eury comparison there about them both sticking to principles, but that really just makes it weirder, bc he's aware of this all along and yet for most of the rest of the phase he keeps talking about bard being scum and eury as mostly being town.

tl dr interactions are scummy. not sure i'd lynch him before eury but he should be lynched.

*aside: idt people have really considered this while talking about bard/arcanite as a scumteam; they should read bard's case against arcanite to see if that looks like a bus