Alice in Brexitland Mafia - Game Over

SB.

2 minutes ago, Paperblade said:

SF is by far the least spammy places I've played on

so many 1-2 liners spamming up the thread on other sites @_@

Seriously, THIS.

I shitpost left and right on most sites. I dial it back here because the ratio of shitposts is much lower. I see this site as VERY serious, like if you're going to dick around, you're going to get fucked up lol. It's good though, I really dig this site because it scratches my itch for serious gameplay.

And yeah Via I went to Target last night. I'm on spring break. I played demos of Mario, Mario Kart, and Fire Emblem Warriors. I tried to tell myself I wouldn't buy the switch this break but I woke up this morning feeling like I was on withdrawal from Mario Kart lmao. I'm about to cave, though can only get one game tonight cuz I'ma order the others on Amazon. Probably gonna go with Mario, just feels right to pick up a Nintendo console with a Mario title.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's probably a matter of differing experiences paper, you can see bard and I complaining about spam in the riddler qt lol. when/where I first started playing mafia (on motk in 2010) day 1 was usually like seven 30ppp pages at most. I wouldn't say less posts is inherently better, but I think there's a point where it gets excessive and demotivating to people catching up or re-reading.

ofc motk day 1s got spammier as time went on too. I wonder if there was just a general shift in how mafia was played as more people got into it, or peoples schedules opened up / changed. I dunno.

I switched to spam posting because it helps me get thoughts out without spending an hour a post on average. I was a veteran of the wall wars and boy, let me tell you, the stuff I've seen.

I have to wonder if that made me more null this game or not. Or maybe it's because I think early game I write more cautiously than later.

yeah Snike your posts were fine. spamminess is actually cool as long as the posts are concise and to the point but that applies to non-spammy posts too. you really shouldn't need big walls on day 1 if you're actively posting imo. this is why i was like auuuugh when fenrir aesir started posting catchup quotestripes in the middle of a bbm/eury wall war

I personally don't feel a huge difference between 10 one liners and a 2 paragraph post (or, god forbid, a eury post) although I can get how other people might dislike it

but other sites I feel have a ton of their spam be not really useful to figuring out gamestate and it's hard for me to sift through it for useful information

it's pretty rare for SF to spam like that, plus I also kinda feel that SF players are a lot more efficient with their time whereas some people on other sites just devote all their free time to a game to compensate

maybe bias

basically an important skill is knowing what's necessary to say and knowing what's not necessary to say

I never write paragraphs describing null reads on d1 because that's dumb. people can infer as much from you not talking about them and if they want to know specifically they will ask you.

Aight it was fun y'all but I've got me a bookshelf to finishing constructing and a guitar to practice. Sometimes it's tempting to just play mafia/post hardbody for way too long.

Can someone PLEASE do me a solid and get me in the Discord chat I assume exists? YOLOSWAG#7250, I'm almost never on but it'd be cool to be in there.

9 minutes ago, Prims said:

ofc motk day 1s got spammier as time went on too. I wonder if there was just a general shift in how mafia was played as more people got into it, or peoples schedules opened up / changed. I dunno.

From reading old games, it looked to me more like a function of the playerbase changing as time went on. There was an influx of spammy players who had more time on their hands, but then those people got busier etc.

Anyway, this game was fun to read as an observer. Good flavour too, so props to the mod.

ok prims can steal my thunder too that's fine

2 minutes ago, Conqueror said:

Anyway, this game was fun to read as an observer. Good flavour too, so props to the mod.

sb is actually (?!?) really funny; we're hosting I Don't Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 (17p) in a bit, too, and the flavor for that is already shaping up to be top tier and you all should join bc it is a good setup

Edited by Iris

7 minutes ago, Iris said:

sb is actually (?!?) really funny; we're hosting I Don't Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 (17p) in a bit, too, and the flavor for that is already shaping up to be top tier and you all should join bc it is a good setup

Can I get an auto-sign up for this.  Any version of SFMM I need.

I can't write big walls. even when I try I end up breaking them down anyway. I'm really self-conscious about rapidfiring smaller posts in succession though and try not to do it as often, but it's harder to get some of my more important on the whim thoughts out otherwise 

WRT spamposting: I try to make my posts more concise and only w/relevant information; you can judge for yourself if I did a good job or not.  Sometimes I state ny overall thoughts when I’m trying to sort my thoughts out but overall I don’t like posting things that won’t lead anywhere.

Just now, Prims said:

Dx7tSA2.png

SVf7gfk.png

wait I'm not comfortable with this actually

You came to the wrong thread.

Aside:  I'm a little surprised mayor was still active in *ylo and vig was a thing. I guess it's because of the multifaction aspect of the game?

2 hours ago, Shinori said:

##Unvote:

##Vote: Shinori

I WILL GO DOWN IN FLAMES.

Sigging this btw

On 3/5/2018 at 2:21 PM, Omega. said:

You didn't get my message in scumchat?

This one too

If there's any fun I get from mafia it's the quotes

8 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

YEP

WE WON REX

ARE YOU PROUD OF ME!?!?!? I ROLE BLOCKED SCUM!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Congratulations!

Spoiler

But you died.

Spoiler

Killed by the scum you were supposed to roleblock.

Spoiler

Just saying.

Spoiler

Also who said I was rooting for the town?