Which games army is in your opinion, the strongest overall.

In terms of number of units, diversity among units, how powerful each of the units are, and how much experience they have, which fire emblem game has the strongest overall army?

obviously don't count DLC stuff like limit breaker or things like the Eimherjar cards 

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

New Mystery and Radiant Dawn are the biggest if I remember correctly... Are you talking about setting the whole armies (all recruitable characters in the game) against each other and seeing what would happen or just asking which game can get the most optimized army?

4 minutes ago, Solvaij said:

New Mystery and Radiant Dawn are the biggest if I remember correctly... Are you talking about setting the whole armies (all recruitable characters in the game) against each other and seeing what would happen or just asking which game can get the most optimized army?

Either one really.

Lore-wise, FE4 since they've effectively got superhumans running around. You could make the argument that FE14's army stands a chance against them thanks to the few Dragon Vein users they have, since Dragon Veins have some crazy effects. I personally think that FE14's army can beat FE4's army (though not without casualties).

Stat-wise, Awakening and Fates crush easily, even without DLC.

Edited by Armagon

Just now, Armagon said:

Lore-wise, FE4 since they've effectively got superhumans running around. You could make the argument that FE14's army stands a chance against them thanks to the few Dragon Vein users they have, since Dragon Veins have some crazy effects. 

What make some them superhuman? Haven't played 4 

1 minute ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

What make some them superhuman? Haven't played 4 

Holy Blood. The game establishes that Holy Blood can make someone an objectively better fighter than someone who lacks it. That's shown in both gameplay and story.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Lore-wise, FE4 since they've effectively got superhumans running around. You could make the argument that FE14's army stands a chance against them thanks to the few Dragon Vein users they have, since Dragon Veins have some crazy effects. I personally think that FE14's army can beat FE4's army (though not without casualties).

Dragon Veins are limited to only the world of Fates so they're not even reliable unless the enemy is approaching Fates' army in their own world, which would be an unfair advantage.

Stat-wise it's definitely Awakening, and their broken stats, however just basing it on stats is pointless so if we consider things terms of skills, game mechanics, and weapons ultimately the victory goes to Fates' army.

Hmmm, in terms of numbers it goes to New Mystery most definitely, Radiant dawn is close as well. Statwise Awakening wins. In terms of story though, Genealogy does overall have more powerful people. The only people who can go against it I'd argue are Ike, maybe Micaiah and Ephraim (only because he got a legendary hero version), The Elibe Trio if a team, Roy purely because of the Binding Blade, the Fates brothers and Corrin, Tiki if she went Feral or something, and Robin if they tapped into Grima's power. I would also say Athos too but I get the feeling the dragons aren't on the same tier as holy blood units.

Overall I'd give it to Radiant Dawn with how good most of the units are overall and Ike's power, Micaiah helps too with her power boosting everyone and or Ike but not so good in a 1v1 scenario against Ayra or Seliph. Fates does clock in pretty high as well but while their skills and class diversity help, Radiant Dawn has overall stronger units I feel.

28 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

Dragon Veins are limited to only the world of Fates so they're not even reliable unless the enemy is approaching Fates' army in their own world, which would be an unfair advantage.

Stat-wise it's definitely Awakening, and their broken stats, however just basing it on stats is pointless so if we consider things terms of skills, game mechanics, and weapons ultimately the victory goes to Fates' army.

I want to say look at Warriors, but all we know that's non-canon so doesn't matter here and Aytolis could just be closely linked to Fates world. Also side note that the Royals aren't the only ones who can use dragon veins. Chrom and Marth can as well and even a normal person like Niles or Navarre or Cordelia can use them as well. So I would say with the holy blood FE4's units could probably do the same thing as the Fates Royals but not know of it.

10 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

I want to say look at Warriors, but all we know that's non-canon so doesn't matter here and Aytolis could just be closely linked to Fates world. Also side note that the Royals aren't the only ones who can use dragon veins. Chrom and Marth can as well and even a normal person like Niles or Navarre or Cordelia can use them as well. So I would say with the holy blood FE4's units could probably do the same thing as the Fates Royals but not know of it.

Niles, Navarre Cordelia, Chrom and Marth never have used Dragon Veins in their own games. Dragon Veins only work from the blood of the Hoshidian and Nohrian royals who are descendants of followers of the Dawn Dragon and Dusk Dragon. If there's no evidence of them actually doing it (which there isn't) then no just having Holy Blood doesn't allow you to use Dragon Veins. Dragon Veins in Warriors are not the same op ones as in Fates so those are irrelevant, and also Warriors isn't canon nor a true FE game so I wouldn't really consider them when comparing FE armies. The assessment of Warriors' army completely throws everything off, and not to mention Warriors' army clearly has superpowered individuals.

Edited by Ae†her

40 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

I think that's a case of gameplay vs story segregation. Anankos does some Dragon Vein stuff in the future Awakening world. Granted, the guy's basically a God but it's never really stated if Dragon Veins can only be used in specific spots or if they can be used wherever, lore-wise.

At any rate, when comparing the abilities of characters from two different games, i don't take the "it can only be done in this world" thing into consideration because it can cause some really unfair matchups (assuming said matchup isn't unfair to begin with).

4 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

Niles, Navarre Cordelia, Chrom and Marth never have used Dragon Veins in their own games. Dragon Veins only work from the blood of the Hoshidian and Nohrian royals who are descendants of followers of the Dawn Dragon and Dusk Dragon. If there's no evidence of them actually doing it (which there isn't) then no just having Holy Blood doesn't allow you to use Dragon Veins. Dragon Veins in Warriors are not the same op ones as in Fates so those are irrelevant, and also Warriors isn't canon nor a true FE game so I wouldn't really consider them when comparing FE armies. The assessment of Warriors' army completely throws everything off, and not to mention Warriors' army clearly has superpowered individuals.

Agreed, which is why I said it was non-canon and only included it at the bottom for fun I guess. I know it's just a gameplay thing so you don't have to always use a fates royal but maybe in some alternate universe. We can at least agree it makes sense with Robin cause of his bloodline, if Grima is equal to Anankos that is.  Again we agree warriors is not canon as it's just a spin-off but as said I brought it up as a fun, not so serious note. Any warriors game character is op, Link is a prime example. Or even Agitha.

3 contenders: Revelations, Radiant Dawn, and Generation 2 of FE4.

Revelations- lots of great stats and pair up. Plus the dragon veins can come in handy if they can find one.

Radiant Dawn- the largest army, and includes one man army, Ike.

Gen 2- the strongest lore-wise and they have the best weaponry. Plus Lene can dance for 4 of them at once so what they lack in numbers can be made up with this. They'll still lack a huge amount of numbers, even with the Fates crew. But they'll hit hard.

Awakening. In my experience gameplay-wise, my Awakening army absolutely destroyed everyone. Also, my army very rarely includes child units, and if I did include them, it'd probably be even stronger.

I'd also say Awakening by a mile, from a pure gameplay perspective. The stats they have when maxed are just insane, even without taking DLC into consideration.
They also have at least three overpowered Manaketes (four if we assume that Robin is either a lolicon or into much, much older women or both) and two very strong beast units that would eat any dragon and beast unit on the opposing side for breakfast.
And let's not forget that Morgan can possibly be the strongest (read: most OP) playable character in the franchise, lore-wise, if Robin marries Tiki.

I'd say New Mystery. Not only does it have the largest army in the series, but it also gives you both Tiki and Nagi, the former of which is said to be able to destroy the world she's so powerful, and the later of which is basically Naga, the super powerful dragon that makes those Holy War Gen 2 Units possible. Tiki and Naga alone could probably take on every force in the series save perhaps Yune and Ike. Nearly 100 meat shields backing them up (and the Aum staff) is just a bonus.

Edited by Jotari

22 hours ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Agreed, which is why I said it was non-canon and only included it at the bottom for fun I guess. I know it's just a gameplay thing so you don't have to always use a fates royal but maybe in some alternate universe. We can at least agree it makes sense with Robin cause of his bloodline, if Grima is equal to Anankos that is.  Again we agree warriors is not canon as it's just a spin-off but as said I brought it up as a fun, not so serious note. Any warriors game character is op, Link is a prime example. Or even Agitha.

I wouldn't put Grima anywhere near the tier of Anankos tbh. Anankos is on a whole other level of power based on his feats from the End: Lost in the Waves DLC where in his discussion with Shigure we learn he has invaded countless different realities (they refer to it as realms in the astral plane, but it's virtually the equivalent of different realities) searching for one in which humans did not betray him. He destroyed all of those worlds. Grima was able to conquer the world, and time travel, but the time travel weakened him even. Robin is also not Grima's equal when he's not possessed by him, in which case Robin is not himself.

Radiant Dawn.

An entire army of third tier promoted units against an opposing army entirely void of any besides a few boss characters. Characters so strong that even a Goddess's divine purge cannot affect them.

Props to those that mentionned Genealogy gen 2. That would be my second pick. Who can even touch Holsety Ced?

Edited by Vince777

FE6!Elibe is a contender if not a winner - Having such battle-hardened veterans from a continent-wide World War 0 with a commander that is more known for his tactical intelligence and his diplomacy skills (in uniting several nations for his cause) would not be a pushover by any means. Bonus points for not requiring crazy DNA eugenics or not necessarily requiring Fae either. Ike's team would probably win an outright battle, but Ike's general lack of diplomatic and strategic tact probably won't help against Roy in the long run.

Edited by henrymidfields

48 minutes ago, henrymidfields said:

FE6!Elibe is a contender if not a winner - Having such battle-hardened veterans from a continent-wide World War 0 with a commander that is more known for his tactical intelligence and his diplomacy skills (in uniting several nations for his cause) would not be a pushover by any means. Bonus points for not requiring crazy DNA eugenics or not necessarily requiring Fae either. Ike's team would probably win an outright battle, but Ike's general lack of diplomatic and strategic tact probably won't help against Roy in the long run.

For that logic to work, all the armies of the series would have to be located on the same world engaging in a massive world war with each other. Which admittedly is a pretty cool idea. Has me thinking, which army would Roy try and broker alliances with and which armies would struggle to survive.

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

Haven't played the game, but doesn't half your army in Genealogy consist of people with super blood that gives them powers and access to weapons beyond most men?

I would say 1/4 would be more accurate. There are 12 holy weapons, and some of those are used by enemies.

Three holy weapons (excluding book of Loptyr) can't be utilized by the Gen 2 cast, Valflame, Mjolnir and Helswath. Gungnir can't be used by the player, but it's user becomes a green allied unit near the end of the last chapter. Although you also have characters with minor holy blood who can't use the holy weapons but are still implied to make them stronger than most people. Given the breeding mechanic, any of the Gen 2 units aside from Hannibal/Fin can potentially have minor holy blood (though not all at once...I think).

Edited by Jotari

Out of the ones I have played I have to say either FE7 or Echoes. 7 having great supports and characters and great replay ability and Echoes cause of the amazing voice acting and over all great experience

On 3/7/2018 at 5:57 PM, Ae†her said:

I wouldn't put Grima anywhere near the tier of Anankos tbh. Anankos is on a whole other level of power based on his feats from the End: Lost in the Waves DLC where in his discussion with Shigure we learn he has invaded countless different realities (they refer to it as realms in the astral plane, but it's virtually the equivalent of different realities) searching for one in which humans did not betray him. He destroyed all of those worlds. Grima was able to conquer the world, and time travel, but the time travel weakened him even. Robin is also not Grima's equal when he's not possessed by him, in which case Robin is not himself.

This brings up a problem with the writing in Fates. 

Anankos has insane feats, is able to basically rip time and space to his will(With limits), and his backstory basically has him being ABOVE an actually Godly being like Ashera. 

But he pees his metaphorical pants when he finds out what Naga is capable of. Grima, while being nowhere near as impressive when it comes to the heights of his feats as Anankos, actually kills Naga in the bad futures. 

Naga also, in other games in the Archanea-verse, while being the most powerful being alive, isn't some intangibly powerful being that can make superbeings in other universes recoil in terror. 

You can argue that these aren't the same Nagas, since Naga is more of a title than a singular being, but it's a title given to the highest Divine Dragon, who are the most powerful, but not insanely powerful, clan of Dragon. Earth Dragons are said to be the closest to Divine Dragons, and Medeus(And Loptyr implied as well) ascend beyond being Earth Dragons to being Shadow Dragons. Medeus and Loptyr have to be the closest to a Naga we realistically get to fight in the Archanea-verse games, and again, they're not that imposing. Obviously the heroes have the right tools to deal with them and defeat would be almost certain without them, but I don't think, like, Ashera is in another universe, feeling the presence of Medeus and Loptyr, and freaking out. 

So it's really difficult to compare Anankos and Grima. Yeah, Anankos has obviously the far more impressive feats, but Grima beat the being that frightened Anankos. 

Anyway. People have hit the nail on the head here. 

Quantity: NM or RD

Quality(In game): Awakening

Quality(In lore): Genealogy Gen 2

These are your strongest armies. 

Also it should be noted that Holy Weapons aren't the reason to fear Holy Blood users in Jugdral. They contribute to it a lot, but since we're going on lore, Ced with Holsety was scared to fight Galzus, who, being a prince of Issach and descendent of Odo, likely had major Holy Blood, even though Galzus did not have Balmung. It's largely the Holy Blood that makes them terrors, while the Holy Weapons are the icing on the cake.