Von Ithipathachai

The Jambastion Mages and FE Switch

Recommended Posts

So if you've been following news about Kirby: Star Allies, then you'd know that three of the game's major bosses are a trio tentatively called the Jambastion mages, each of whom has power over a certain element: Francisca controls ice, Flamberge controls fire, and Zan Partizanne controls electricity.

However, each mage also wields her own weapon; Francisca wields an axe, Flamberge wields a sword, and Zan Partizanne apparently wields a lance.  I don't know about you guys, but I can't construe these specific weapon choices as anything other than a reference to Fire Emblem's Weapon Triangle.

That said, how likely do you think we are to see characters referencing the Jambastion mages back in Fire Emblem Switch?  Granted, I'm probably super-desperate for anything to grab hold of regarding FE Switch info, but nevertheless I do think it's something worth thinking about.  What do you guys think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As neat as that would be, I doubt that a major IP would do a shout-out so significant to another IP that the main antagonists are involved in it XD.

I'm relatively sure the mages have different weapons for the sake of their boss battles having variety, and any relation to FE is just coincidental.

Edited by Talcinel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

So if you've been following news about Kirby: Star Allies, then you'd know that three of the game's major bosses are a trio tentatively called the Jambastion mages, each of whom has power over a certain element: Francisca controls ice, Flamberge controls fire, and Zan Partizanne controls electricity.

However, each mage also wields her own weapon; Francisca wields an axe, Flamberge wields a sword, and Zan Partizanne apparently wields a lance.  I don't know about you guys, but I can't construe these specific weapon choices as anything other than a reference to Fire Emblem's Weapon Triangle.

That said, how likely do you think we are to see characters referencing the Jambastion mages back in Fire Emblem Switch?  Granted, I'm probably super-desperate for anything to grab hold of regarding FE Switch info, but nevertheless I do think it's something worth thinking about.  What do you guys think?

This sounds very interesting. Granted, battlemages are quite rare in Fire Emblem, so I’d love to see them in the next game. Though they could just be bosses. 

Edited by ElectiveToast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mmm, wouldn't be the first time that Kirby has done a shout out to Fire Emblem. But Kirby has referenced a ton of other nintendo franchises. I really can't think of a time where Fire Emblem made a clear reference to another nintendo series, except for the amiibo in Fates making references to Smash Bros. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I imagine the most that would happen is their weapons would be downloadable for one of Nintendo's promotional events, similar to the weapons from Mario Kart.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's probably just a reference to Fire Emblem as a whole because of how much Sakurai loves the franchise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

It's probably just a reference to Fire Emblem as a whole because of how much Sakurai loves the franchise.

Sakurai doesn't have anything to do with Kirby games anymore, as he left HAL ages ago to found his own company (SORA).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seems like a reference to FE. I wouldn't take it too seriously.


That being said, I would love to see the return of the "War Mage" or "Magefighter" class. I know it was never an optimal class, but I always enjoyed using it. Maybe it's because I liked the characters that had it (Tailtiu, Tine, Linda)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Sakurai doesn't have anything to do with Kirby games anymore, as he left HAL ages ago to found his own company (SORA).

Oh, that's news to me haha. Thanks for the info!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.