New Heroes Coming in April!! - Thracia 776's Leif, Nanna, and Finn!

Coolmanio

I understand the demand for a staff user, but if they're doing things well, Nanna should use swords. She's not a prominent staff user in Thracia, since she starts at E-rank(and that's a big deal in that game unless you arena abuse), with no personal staff to her name.

The Earth sword, on the other hand, is among the best weapons in FE5, and only she can use it. Also as someone mentioned, she's one of the four units that can use the Blaggi sword, which, for all intents and purposes, is the Falchion of that game.

So yeah.

... oh also yay Thracia's hereWHERE'S MAREETA.

Edited by Cysx

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping this week's new banner would be Thracia related, but this works too. I wonder who would be the GHB unit and considering it's a 3 units banner, who might be the TT unit.

Not particularly interested. It's about what I expected from the banner and while Leif will probably be busted, I'm still pretty meh overall. I hope Nanna is a Wrathful/Dazzling healer with potential to demote though. That needs to be more easily accessible and we really don't need any more *5 exclusive healers.

Edited by Zeo

Google translated the tweet:

【NEW INFORMATION】 From "Fire Emblem Thracia 776", three people, Reef, Nanna and Fin, will decide to appear in April as new heroes. Please wait for a while until its appearance ♪

So it appears Leaf was waiting the whole time and only decided to show up now. Showboat.

@Zeo My bet is that Finn will demote sadly, I can see him being more likely unless they do something crazy with him.

Edited by Dayni

19 minutes ago, Dayni said:

My bet is that Finn will demote sadly, I can see him being more likely unless they do something crazy with him.

Unique brave lance though. I can see them giving him a unique brave lance and demoting Nanna.
…I’ll be fine with Nanna demoting. It’s been an unforgivably long while since we’ve got a new staff user and even longer since we’ve got a troubadour.

FINN!!!!

Yeeeees! So happy he's coming into it :D I was preparing for disappointment for the banner tomorrow, but at least I know there are new heroes around the corner, especially when we get Alt Camilla, Alt Xander and Alt Azura with a GHB of Alt Lucina just for the heck of it tomorrow. 

Of course, this does mean I'm likely not going to have the orbs to pull for Ephraim. Decisions, decisions. Screw you again, Ephraim, for not coming to me this month -.-

You better not be the same, Finn ¬¬

Edited by Cute Chao

22 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

FINN!!!!

Yeeeees! So happy he's coming into it :D I was preparing for disappointment for the banner tomorrow, but at least I know there are new heroes around the corner, especially when we get Alt Camilla, Alt Xander and Alt Azura with a GHB of Alt Lucina just for the heck of it tomorrow. 

Of course, this does mean I'm likely not going to have the orbs to pull for Ephraim. Decisions, decisions. Screw you again, Ephraim, for not coming to me this month -.-

You better not be the same, Finn ¬¬

I wanted Ephraim too; he hasn't come home yet.

My rotating Horse Emblem team wants more recruits.

4 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I wanted Ephraim too; he hasn't come home yet.

My rotating Horse Emblem team wants more recruits.

I don't have a specific Horse Emblem team, but I will always be happy with more :D 

That being said, I have all three of the axe units at 5* (and two of the green tome units) and that side is feeling lacking. Could do with more of them, IS :)

I'm a little bit baffled that no one is more suspicious about this.
- announcement comes out of nowhere
- said Heroes aren't going to be released in upcoming banner
- it's freaking April

At least it confirms that IS knows about Thracia and that we're going to have an Easter banner again (since it is the only plausible between the next banner and April).

I’m curious to see what skills they will have. I’m pretty sure Nanna will have either a Drive Skill or a Buff Cavalry Skill to reflect her having Charm in the original game. 

I wonder if they will have a skill to reflect the dismounting mechanic in Thracia. Maybe the Tactics skill?

Edited by Water Mage

So many people were wanting Thracia that IS decided to announce them a month in advance. I'm gonna be going for Nanna and i really hope she's got that Earth Sword. I'd rather go into red hell than colorless hell.

Speaking of, is Leif gonna be using the Light Brand? It'd be interesting having a sword that targets RES.

54 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

I'm a little bit baffled that no one is more suspicious about this.
- announcement comes out of nowhere
- said Heroes aren't going to be released in upcoming banner
- it's freaking April

At least it confirms that IS knows about Thracia and that we're going to have an Easter banner again (since it is the only plausible between the next banner and April).

Either they are so sick of the response to every banner being, 'but where is Thraccia?' or they know the Friday banner is going to piss everyone off. Or both 

I'm super happy for Thracia fans. I've heard good things about it, so this must feel nice. Also, it's good to have all the protagonists in the game, finally.

This DOES make me wonder what tomorrow's trailer will reveal though. Did they do this out of the kindness of their hearts, were they sick of being asked where Leif is, or are they bracing themselves for a shitstorm?

Just reveal Morgan tomorrow as well, please.

I''m really excited for this banner. I have 40 orbs right now, so they would have to reveal somebody like Ced or Reyson to even make me think about spending

I'm hoping Finn gets the Hero Lance as a prf, but since he seems like the most likely demote (being neither a lord nor a cute girl), I'm realistically expecting a Brave Lance +.

Nanna I'm expecting to be either a staff cavalry with Absorb or a sword cavalry with the Earth Sword. It would be nice to have a new staff user, so I'm hoping more for that, plus it would stop color overlap. 

I'm really hoping Leif isn't an infantry sword. I have twelve 5* infantry swords, and I only ever use four of them, with two of them just because of the buffs they provide. They would have to do a lot with him to make Leif worth using besides favoritism. I think I once suggested making him a mounted sword user with a B skill that let him use any weapon in the Silver+ family, but that might be too broken.

Edited by AndrewMcC00l

I've been waiting a long time for this!  After December, I had never had less than 100 orbs stockpiled in the hopes that Lief and Nanna would be released soon.  April seems so far off now, but at least that gives me more time to save.  296 orbs and counting.

I'm personally hoping Nanna is a staff user, but I have a feeling they'll go the Earth Sword route. 

My guesses for weapons:

Leif: Some sort of Distant Counter variant. Maybe Distant Counter only at 100% HP to make room for other effects? Some way of hitting Res: maybe tied to the DC effect, maybe just the breath version? Wouldn't want it to look bad next to Expiration, so that could constrain things. He could get the Blaggi Sword instead, but I don't think that'd be as well received, and Thani shows starting weapons can be fine as ultimate weapons.

Finn: He could just get a regular Brave Lance, but with how many personal weapons we've been getting lately, I think they'll give him a personal "Finn's Lance" variant. Probably weaker stats than Amiti in exchange for some other benefit. Maybe Guard? It'd fit nicely with the Luck bonus it gives him, and it'd be an appropriate weapon to put it on since it helps cover a weakness of Brave weapons.

Nanna: I don't think they'll want both her and Leif using a magic sword, and three-character banners haven't been tending to have color overlap, so my guess is that she'll get a staff. A personal staff with built-in Wrathful Staff and an Absorb effect seems like a reasonably satisfying adaptation, and they could also give Lachesis access to it in a later update. So far, weapons added to past characters have all been new and requiring refinement to reach their full power, but that could change.

I haven’t played Thracia yet, but they look beautiful and I want them anyway ^^ (I hope they stick with these artists for the character designs... and fired whoever was responsible for giving Eliwood and Athena weird bug eyes)

If they’re worried about backlash for Friday’s banner, it could be another seasonal banner with more fates alts :/ (at least I could keep saving orbs if it is) or maybe they’re releasing some of the unpopular or overlooked characters they think no one cares about (I really hope this means I can finally get Miriel or Laurent...)

Finally they are finishing off putting in all the lords in at long last.  I wonder if there will will be a GHB and TT to go with this banner?  Ishtar would be a good choice for GHB, I don't know who could be the TT reward but I know they will be good and probably red.