New Heroes Coming in April!! - Thracia 776's Leif, Nanna, and Finn!

Coolmanio

3 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Finally they are finishing off putting in all the lords in at long last.  I wonder if there will will be a GHB and TT to go with this banner?  Ishtar would be a good choice for GHB, I don't know who could be the TT reward but I know they will be good and probably red.

Mareeta? Eyvel?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Reiska said:

Mareeta? Eyvel?

Sounds good, they would probably go with Eyvel since Mareeta could make them more money.

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Going off recent trends, Nanna should be an armored healer with a horse. It doesn't make sense? Who cares!

1 movement range, cannot enter forest tiles, requires 3 movement cost to move onto trenches. Makes perfect sense.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

1 movement range, cannot enter forest tiles, requires 3 movement cost to move onto trenches. Makes perfect sense.

Nah, the horse and armor counter each other meaning she has 2 move.

People propose her but I wouldn't appreciate Ishtar in a Thracia-themed GHB since she's mostly Genealogy and would be sort of stealing a spot. Same thing for characters like Travant, Altenna or even Julius, who all appear in both games but do not have an extended role in Thracia. Genealogy second generation hasn't had a banner yet anyway so they could just wait for that.

Put in an actual playable or main villain for Thracia GHB instead, like Shiva, Cyas or Raydrick.

1 minute ago, EricaofRenais said:

Sounds good, they would probably go with Eyvel since Mareeta could make them more money.

I can buy this.

IMO, given this collection of units, I'd expect either the GHB or the TT to be based around chapter 5 of Thracia.  So that would suggest a GHB unit being either Raydrik, Veld, Galzus, or even possibly Mareeta with her cursed sword.  But, I agree with you that they'll probably keep Mareeta for the gacha, which would point to her very likely being Ayra 2.0 (in the sense that I suspect Eyvel would be the TT unit and Mareeta would appear alone on a TT banner that probably also features some old characters from FE4/5).

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Nah, the horse and armor counter each other meaning she has 2 move.

I interpret movement as "armors move no more than 1 square" and not "armors move 1 square fewer than normal".

If you combine "armors move no more than 1 square" and "cavalry moves no more than 3 squares", you get "armored cavalry moves no more than 1 square".

Never mind the fact that I'm picking all of the disadvantages of both movement types and putting them together.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I interpret movement as "armors move no more than 1 square" and not "armors move 1 square fewer than normal".

If you combine "armors move no more than 1 square" and "cavalry moves no more than 3 squares", you get "armored cavalry moves no more than 1 square".

Never mind the fact that I'm picking all of the disadvantages of both movement types and putting them together.

You got to give them something. 

In April, huh...

This is the first time the developers do something like this and there’s no word on the next banner yet. I want Kempf as either GHB or TT prize. 

EDIT:Wait a minute, “Ends in 1 day”...there should be an update later tonight and the teaser trailer by the next reset. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

1 hour ago, ShadowAlchemist said:

I haven’t played Thracia yet, but they look beautiful and I want them anyway ^^ (I hope they stick with these artists for the character designs... and fired whoever was responsible for giving Eliwood and Athena weird bug eyes)

If they’re worried about backlash for Friday’s banner, it could be another seasonal banner with more fates alts :/ (at least I could keep saving orbs if it is) or maybe they’re releasing some of the unpopular or overlooked characters they think no one cares about (I really hope this means I can finally get Miriel or Laurent...)

The calendar says the upcoming one is a New Heroes banner rather than Special Heroes, so it's not seasonal. Next seasonal banner will probably be a second Easter one in a couple weeks: the first one focused on Awakening/Fates, so I'm guessing the second one will branch out to other games, especially since the Valentine's banner already did that.

40 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Finally they are finishing off putting in all the lords in at long last.  I wonder if there will will be a GHB and TT to go with this banner?  Ishtar would be a good choice for GHB, I don't know who could be the TT reward but I know they will be good and probably red.

Ishtar is never actually fought in FE5, so I doubt it. Honestly, the best FE5 GHB would probably have been Reinhardt, if he wasn't already in the game. Kempf, Raydrik, and Veld are all certainly candidates, but eh. Maybe Saias?

I'm certainly hoping for Osian as a TT reward, although I'm not sure how good the odds are.

44 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wait, this isn't the March 9th banner? ...What.

This is weird, why so far in advance? I really wonder who's in the March 9th banner now...

It seems to be because for a while, every banner has been getting hit with increasing amounts of "why isn't this Thracia" complaints. So they want to shut that down before it hits this one by assuring the people waiting for the Thracia banner that it's not too far off.

We should find out who's on the new banner in about 9 hours. There's also a good chance that details about them will get datamined tonight, if that's when version 2.3 launches with the new modes.

Now that I think about it a bit, posting this announcement up a month before the banner is actually a really good marketing strategy.

Thracia 776 is easily the least well known game in the main series, and announcing this banner now does a few things:

• All of the "Thracia when?" people will stop being "Thracia when?" and will instead be hyping the banner.
  • All of the players who have no idea who these characters are and participate in social sites will have a month to hear all of the "Thracia when?" people hyping this banner.
  • All of the players who see the post and have no idea who these characters are have a month to get involved in social sites and hear all of the "Thracia when?" people hyping this banner.
  • We have a whole month to speculate what weapons and skills the characters will have.

Unless they're going to be releasing a new story or side-story chapter including the Thracia characters in this week's update and need to head off the "Thracia when?" folks from complaining that the characters are now in the game and not summonable, which is also a possibility.

Edited by Ice Dragon

This was a interesting decision for IS's part... I wonder what was the reasons for it, but hey, I don't complain, it's nice to know all the FE Main Characters are finally confirmed in Heroes.

Final-fucking-lly! Now I won't have to hear people crying for Leif on Reddit/Twitter anymore! Oh yeah, I'll skip that banner, don't care about Thracia and with alts being a thing I can see Genealogy Leif one day (he's going to be great for Horse Emblem!).

So it's in April huh? If the next banner is Awakening Gen 2 then I hope it has Cynthia in it because she's the one I want the most from that, and if it isn't then I hope to be surprised.

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:

Final-fucking-lly! Now I won't have to hear people crying for Leif on Reddit/Twitter anymore! Oh yeah, I'll skip that banner, don't care about Thracia and with alts being a thing I can see Genealogy Leif one day (he's going to be great for Horse Emblem!).

So it's in April huh? If the next banner is Awakening Gen 2 then I hope it has Cynthia in it because she's the one I want the most from that, and if it isn't then I hope to be surprised.

Awakening Gen 2 does seem likely to show up before too long. That and Genealogy Gen 2 are the big non-Thracia gaps remaining, and Genealogy Gen 2 both seems like something they'd prioritize less than a 3DS game and something they might not want too close to the Thracia banner.

Looking at the original CYL event, the highest non-Lucina kids from Awakening are Owain (37), f!Morgan (46), Severa (47) and Inigo (63). Those could be a banner+TT, but three reds would be a bit odd. I guess they could have one of the reds be the TT unit and the other two on the banner? But I'm not sure how big of a fan they are of imbalanced 3-character banners. Last one like that was Fates Gen 2. Next ones are Noire (101), m!Morgan (131), Cynthia (137), Nah (140) and Gerome (149). I could see one of those taking the spot of one of the Fates trio: probably Inigo, since he already has a seasonal variant (and is the lowest-scoring of the three). Awakening also has a few noteworthy GHB candidates: Aversa would certainly be a popular pick, but I'm not convinced they're ready to give away a free mage flier yet. Alternatives include Walhart, Gangrel, Validar, and Priam.

20 minutes ago, Othin said:

Awakening Gen 2 does seem likely to show up before too long. That and Genealogy Gen 2 are the big non-Thracia gaps remaining, and Genealogy Gen 2 both seems like something they'd prioritize less than a 3DS game and something they might not want too close to the Thracia banner.

Looking at the original CYL event, the highest non-Lucina kids from Awakening are Owain (37), f!Morgan (46), Severa (47) and Inigo (63). Those could be a banner+TT, but three reds would be a bit odd. I guess they could have one of the reds be the TT unit and the other two on the banner? But I'm not sure how big of a fan they are of imbalanced 3-character banners. Last one like that was Fates Gen 2. Next ones are Noire (101), m!Morgan (131), Cynthia (137), Nah (140) and Gerome (149). I could see one of those taking the spot of one of the Fates trio: probably Inigo, since he already has a seasonal variant (and is the lowest-scoring of the three). Awakening also has a few noteworthy GHB candidates: Aversa would certainly be a popular pick, but I'm not convinced they're ready to give away a free mage flier yet. Alternatives include Walhart, Gangrel, Validar, and Priam.

I'm still not convinced Female Morgan and even Owain won't be Farfetched Heroes.

As for GHB, give us Walhart!

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Now that I think about it a bit, posting this announcement up a month before the banner is actually a really good marketing strategy.

Yup, all of these points. Also I assume they lock themselves into their banner schedule for at least one month in advance, so this would be the soonest they'd even consider releasing them.

At any rate, I've got about a month to prepare Seth, Titania, and Frederick.

I get it now, it's their april fools joke, because who wanted tharcia in the first place, Intelligent Systems you pranksters, no one wants thracia, awakening when?

3 hours ago, Othin said:

The calendar says the upcoming one is a New Heroes banner rather than Special Heroes, so it's not seasonal. Next seasonal banner will probably be a second Easter one in a couple weeks: the first one focused on Awakening/Fates, so I'm guessing the second one will branch out to other games, especially since the Valentine's banner already did that.

Ishtar is never actually fought in FE5, so I doubt it. Honestly, the best FE5 GHB would probably have been Reinhardt, if he wasn't already in the game. Kempf, Raydrik, and Veld are all certainly candidates, but eh. Maybe Saias?

I'm certainly hoping for Osian as a TT reward, although I'm not sure how good the odds are.

Saias would be a good choice, a lot of people who played the game do remember him for the torture his 10 stars caused, and as a character he seems likeable enough, so I could see them go for him. If they're willing to stretch things a bit, Travant could also work since he easily has the biggest connection of the Jugdral villains to Leif and Finn, but in that case it'd be more background related since Travant only appears a few times. 

38 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I'm still not convinced Female Morgan and even Owain won't be Farfetched Heroes.

As for GHB, give us Walhart!

My impression is, Farfetched Heroes is for high-scoring heroes they don't have a better place for, and I think they have a better place for those two.

With axe cavalry still being lacking, Walhart would be very welcome.

31 minutes ago, a bear said:

Yup, all of these points. Also I assume they lock themselves into their banner schedule for at least one month in advance, so this would be the soonest they'd even consider releasing them.

At any rate, I've got about a month to prepare Seth, Titania, and Frederick.

I'm sure it's more than a month in advance, but who knows how far in advance they have the art.

15 minutes ago, Medeus said:

Saias would be a good choice, a lot of people who played the game do remember him for the torture his 10 stars caused, and as a character he seems likeable enough, so I could see them go for him. If they're willing to stretch things a bit, Travant could also work since he easily has the biggest connection of the Jugdral villains to Leif and Finn, but in that case it'd be more background related since Travant only appears a few times. 

Yeah, Travant seems like the most suitable of the "stretch" villains. He's a bit awkward to figure out where to place since he's split among three stories, and even though FE4 Gen 2 is where you actually fight him, he's pretty crowded out there by other villains. So anywhere they could fit him has some sort of challenges, but hopefully they find one. And Arvis showed up as an FE4 Gen 1 GHB despite you not technically fighting him there either, anyway.

Edited by Othin

2 hours ago, Othin said:

It seems to be because for a while, every banner has been getting hit with increasing amounts of "why isn't this Thracia" complaints. So they want to shut that down before it hits this one by assuring the people waiting for the Thracia banner that it's not too far off.

We should find out who's on the new banner in about 9 hours. There's also a good chance that details about them will get datamined tonight, if that's when version 2.3 launches with the new modes.

Huh, I must not be seeing the right places, because I've not seen many of those complaints. But if there have been a lot, that does make sense.

And yeah, I hope we get a trailer tonight before I go to bed at least. xP

25 minutes ago, Othin said:

My impression is, Farfetched Heroes is for high-scoring heroes they don't have a better place for, and I think they have a better place for those two.

Given that the Awakening DLC for Warriors is supposed to drop by the end of the month, I could see them releasing Owain between now and the Thracia banner with him being accompanied by non-seasonal alts of Tharja and Olivia of courseYes, I know I'm not funny. No one actually needs to say it.

Edited by Tybrosion

4 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Going off recent trends, Nanna should be an armored healer with a horse. It doesn't make sense? Who cares!

Don't forget the fact that she's also a dragon trainee with inheritable Spectrum Tactics!