If a Garden character cameoed in Mystery of the Emblem

Jotari

So back in Gaiden we got cameo characters from the first game in the form of the White Wing Sisters and Camus. I've often thought it could be cool if they continued this trend and included characters from the previous entry in each new game. If they had done it for Mystery of the Emblem, my vote would go to Tatiana. Zeke travels to Archanea anyway, why not bring her along? Well I guess his ending does say he never told her the truth about his past, but she could still be present without him necessarily divulging the whole connection to Nyna. Plus, I think it could be kind of cool to see Gaiden's magic system return for just a single character and (this point is actually the biggest factor for me) if Tatiana took Sirius' role in the story as an early game recruit, then Camus himself could show up later with better stats. Considering how legendary Camus' reputation is, I always found his bases as Sirius to be very underwhelming.

Anyway, what do you think of this idea, or what other Valencian characters can you envision wandering around Archanea for fun cameo reasons?

Edited by Jotari

Luthier at Khadein. His ending more or less says he travels to Archanea, and where else would an obsessed mage want to go?

Probably Luthier. His cameo in the Shadow Dragon manga was pretty damn cool, so I guess a cameo in the games where he and Merric become bros would be great to see.

Edited by CatManThree

Luthier would make the most sense, as it's stated that he travels to Archanea anyway to study magic more thoroughly. It would also be an excuse for both a funny and hard map if you have to recruit him while fighting off multiple bandit bosses, each with a separate grudge against him.

Kliff could also work, as he travels the world in his ending, and could make an interesting magic/physical unit hybrid, or could otherwise reference how classes work in Gaiden, although I can't think of any real reason why he would join the conflict.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Tatiana took Sirius' role in the story as an early game recruit, then Camus himself could show up later with better stats. Considering how legendary Camus' reputation is, I always found his bases as Sirius to be very underwhelming.

This is one of those ideas where I see things working both for and against it. On the one hand, her being a bit of a crutch character makes sense, as she's the most powerful Saint in Gaiden, but is still overall a noncombatant, and her status as a healer means that she's still undeniably useful, but you can't overuse her. On the other hand, I question why Camus would bring her along on a potentially dangerous mission that she has no connection with, especially since he's trying keep his identity secret anyway.

I don't think any of these characters should join Marth's army, it has plenty of characters as it is.

3 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

Luthier would make the most sense, as it's stated that he travels to Archanea anyway to study magic more thoroughly. It would also be an excuse for both a funny and hard map if you have to recruit him while fighting off multiple bandit bosses, each with a separate grudge against him.

Kliff could also work, as he travels the world in his ending, and could make an interesting magic/physical unit hybrid, or could otherwise reference how classes work in Gaiden, although I can't think of any real reason why he would join the conflict.

This is one of those ideas where I see things working both for and against it. On the one hand, her being a bit of a crutch character makes sense, as she's the most powerful Saint in Gaiden, but is still overall a noncombatant, and her status as a healer means that she's still undeniably useful, but you can't overuse her. On the other hand, I question why Camus would bring her along on a potentially dangerous mission that she has no connection with, especially since he's trying keep his identity secret anyway.

Don't recall Tatiana having much of any personality in the original Gaiden's, but I would see it as completely in character for Echoes Tatiana to absolutely refuse to let Zeke go anywhere without her supervision.

2 hours ago, X-Naut said:

I don't think any of these characters should join Marth's army, it has plenty of characters as it is.

The remake certainly boosts Marth's army to massive size, but in the original game it was pretty modest. A lot of New Mystery's cast is made up of original shadow dragon characters, characters originally removed from Mystery of the Emblem and characters that appeared in Archanea saga. Put it this way, in the original Mystery of the Emblem, Marth's army had no axe users.

Edited by Jotari

• 4 months later...