Fanfic pairing suggestions

Fanfic pairing suggestions   

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who should I pair male robin with?

• Cordelia
    • Olivia
    • Lissa

Okay so I’m writing a fanfic on the future kids and their life in the future and how they ended up traveling through time. I’m having trouble coming up with pairings for this fic. I mean I’m already using ChromxSumia because canon but I cannot decide on who I want male robin to be with. For obvious reasons whoever ends up being robin’s kid and Morgan’s sibling is very important to this story. Like I can’t decide between RobinxCordelia, RobinxLissa, or RobinxOlivia. I’m probably thinking too much in to this cause it’s just a fanfic but eh. Like I love all those pairings but I can only use one. As for other pairings feel free to make any suggestions you wish.

Edited by Otts486

Of the three you've raised: I personally feel like Robin x Lissa is the strongest.  

There's an extra narrative dimension you can throw in there because you're no just writing Robin and Lissa as romantic partners; you're writing Robin and Chrom as brother-in-laws, and  there's so much you can do with weaving their bromance into the story. There's a whole family dynamic going on that fleshes out the relationships. 

I'm not going to endorse any pairings you yourself aren't identifying as ones you'd be interested in using to begin with. Because if you write a pairing because someone suggested it to you rather than because you can visualize it in your own head-canon as a viable, functioning relationship--its going to be shit.

Edited by Shoblongoo

19 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Of the three you've raised: I personally feel like Robin x Lissa is the strongest.  

There's an extra narrative dimension you can throw in there because you're no just writing Robin and Lissa as romantic partners; you're writing Robin and Chrom as brother-in-laws, and  there's so much you can do with weaving their bromance into the story. There's a whole family dynamic going on that fleshes out the relationships. 

I'm not going to endorse any pairings you yourself aren't identifying as ones you'd be interested in using to begin with. Because if you write a pairing because someone suggested it to you rather than because you can visualize it in your own head-canon as a viable, functioning relationship--its going to be shit.

I did consider that and it would add a lot to the relationship of Owain and Morgan as well. Also I should clarify the fic is more so from the children’s perspective. The pairings themselves are mostly just for flashback and characterization purposes. Also thanks the only reason I made this topic is because my head canon is all kinds of confusing. Like I love the idea of Severa and Morgan being siblings but the naga and fellblood thing can be used to great narrative effect. Then there’s robin and Inigo FP conversation and yeah

Edited by Otts486