Characters you wish you could recruit?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say Levail in RD so we had another option for a Halberdier/Sentinel. I don't think Nephenee's that great and Aran is good, but falls behind just like the rest of the DB group. Also, Levail seems like an interesting guy. Not to mention that he was actually planned to be recruitable, since he has unused growth rates programmed in.

Guest Dreamyboi

I will never not want to recruit Mustafa from Awakening, he was one of the game's best characters in the game's best chapter and he only existed for the one chapter.

It made you feel empathetic toward him and it worked so well, poor axe boi had to die.

On 3/12/2018 at 2:34 AM, Dreamyboi said:

I will never not want to recruit Mustafa from Awakening, he was one of the game's best characters in the game's best chapter and he only existed for the one chapter.

It made you feel empathetic toward him and it worked so well, poor axe boi had to die.

It also would have been pretty cool to have a recrutable Beserker in Awakening.

Pheros, and Phila in Awakening. Mustafa would have been cool, although the tragedy is what makes his character. Same thing goes for Berkut and Fernand.

Also, really wish we'd gotten Halcyon in SoV, especially since he's one of the few good guys who worships Duma. Plus he's arguably to Conrad what Mycen and Nomah are to Alm and Celica.

Here's hoping we'll get a NPC/Bosses summoning event in Heroes...

Three big ones for me.

• Uhai: It's really a shame we had to kill him, since he seemed like a decent man. I would have liked to see his interactions with Legault, Nino, and the Saceans.
  • Phila: One, she's a third Ylissean pegasus knight to maintain the theme. Two, they could have gone interesting places with her character and relationship with Chrom/Lissa regarding how she failed to protect Emmeryn.
  • Kotaro: Recruiting him in Conquest would have been a nice way to add moral ambiguity to the story by compelling you to take on a scumbag who happens to be your ally. It also would have offered an opportunity to have a really meaningful decision re. executing Shura. Not doing so gives you the original level where you kill Kotaro, while doing so doesn't give you the Boots but instead has you clearing out the Hoshidans from Mokushu's caves and recruiting Kotaro afterwards.

I'd love to be able to recruit Phila and Rinea. I loved both of their designs, and they seemed really sweet and kind, and I would've loved to have another Pegasus knight and another whatever-Rinea-would-be. Saint?

Phila in awakening. So we have a 3rd 1st gen pegasus knight. And we all know what that means...

TRIANGLE ATTACK!

Also when I first played awakening, the dialogue Excelus gave right before Chrom stormed castle valm, it gave me the feeling she would betray Walhart... "One way or the other I will be on the winning side!" Was a poorly writen character overall. But thats the vibe I got when I first played.

I also expected Raimi to join at some point. Would have been interesting, when Chrom arrives to Basilio's meeting about the valm invaders, Basilio could have said "Raimi, go help out Chrom" and thus you get a 2nd armor knight.

Edited by Faellin

Oboro and Takumi on stupid Conquest, god bless the logbook so I can "import" them to my Conquest file and have units I really like so I can skip to use units I don't like.

Lilith because Fates is lacking in dragons, a big punch when the Royal Siblings are descendad of the first dragons but only Corrin can shine in this game, so no Dragon!Takumi or Dragon!Leo

Selena in Sacred Stones

Eldigan... :(

Kurth in Path of Radiance

There's a fair few that instantly spring to mind. 

My top one would be Glen from FE SS. The moment Valter kills him is horrible, especially with showing Cormag his body v.v I don't think he deserves that. If only there was an option to save him somehow :(

Add Selena to that and a support option between the two and it would make for a very happy fangirl :D 

Reinhardt from FE5. I like that you don't have to kill him, but I wish you could actually have Olwen talk him round. 

The triplets from FE4. We don't often get triplet males in pretty much anything, so it would have been fun. They could have their own triangle attack xD 

Lloyd and Linus from FE7. I'd love both, because they're amazing characters, but even just one to avenge his brother >.< I also quite liked Uhai, who seemed quite honourable 

Gale from FE6. I see absolutely no reason he wouldn't be recruitable. It's the most ridiculous moment. If there's ever a remake, I really, really hope this is rectified. 

Levail from FE10. Again, I feel like one of the characters should have been able to talk him round (Haar, especially). I never kill him, despite the weapon he drops, and just imagine he joins afterwards.

Fernand from Echoes. He's not the most likeable character at times, but I feel it would have been more interesting to have him follow his ideals like he did, then have to come back having realised how wrong he was, and maybe slowly making amends for everything. 

Scarlet from Revelation... Kinda a cheat one, but it still grates on me what happens to her and that you can't make her Shiro's mother >.<

Ishtar and Ishtore from FE4. They were both too honourable. I didn't like killing them and would prefer them to join. Funnily enough, I think I read on here that Julius was meant to have been purified and saved by Julia originally. I would have preferred them to keep that ending, but I guess they decided the game hadn't had enough death. 

I might add Arione to that, but at least he doesn't die, so I can take that quite happily, since I think his role finishes really late in the game. 

Can't believe I didn't say this earlier, but ELDIGAN! I know we get his son, who is a pretty cool unit, but I wanted the best member of the Camus archetype himself to play with.

Reinhardt would've been nice too. 

And Ishtar only because she's my waifu. I would be disrupting the story sure, but if I could actually use her in a flashback type of battle that would be pretty cool.

• 1 month later...

Eldigan and Arion. If for nothing else, just to avoid Eldigan's unsatisfying end. Arion so I can use another Holy weapon, even if it is really late.

All I can think of for FE5 is all those unused portraits. Makes me wish they had used some substitute kids in FE5.

Gale and Guinevere. Both seemed like good picks, but neither made it. And there's soooo many garbage units in FE6 no one would have missed if they just traded places too. 

Lloyd, Linus, Leila and Fargus. Maybe not Lloyd and Linus at the same time though, might be better for the story to keep a little tragedy in there. A recruitable Morph could've also been nice.

No one in FE8 really stands out to me as someone I wish was playable. I feel like everyone who dies makes the story better by dying, and the characters who don't, i.e. Hayden and Mansel, aren't that interesting. If anything, give me another option for a shaman.

Getting to use Greil for a chapter or 2 would have been fun.

Levail, he seemed like a good guy. BK could have also been interesting, like if a prerequisite was met, and you lose to him, he spares you and joins you. It kind of seemed like he wanted to, but maybe it's better that can't happen. At least you get to fool around with the BK for a couple maps.

For Awakening, basically all of the spotpass characters before the absolute end of the game. Some of them can and should stay dead, but if you're gonna spare them, why not let them participate a little sooner, maybe get some dialogue? Phila and Mustafa too.

I actually liked Zola, and think he could've been an interesting recruitable. He kind of broke modern IS's mold of making evil-looking characters completely amoral. He wasn't a masterpiece or anything, but he was a step in the right direction.

Hestia, or any one of the witch sisters. Fernand, even if the plot forces him to die doing the right thing after letting you use him.

Byron! I really like his design, but in terms of the plot, he just ends up being generic dead father, which Fire Emblem has so much of (to this day Roy is the only character who ends the game with his father alive). Sure, if he joined, he'd end up dying in the barbecue anyway, but it would have been fun to play around with him for Chapter 5. He's a Master Knight after all. And he could potentially wield Tyfring (though narratively he should still give it to Sigurd leaving only cheating the game to give it to him). Think about it, nothing would actually change if you let him survive. It would have just been one less kick in the teeth for Sigurd. Plus, he'd have some great conversations with Langbolt and Reptor.

Aside from him, I think it's a shame Elise wasn't recruitable in Birthright. The fact that she wasn't even though in terms of the plot she was, gave me major warning flags that she was going to die. They gave you Scarlet for a map in Revelations, why not do the same for Elise? Some people would probably complain about wasting EXP on her, but I think it'd be cool.

Phila joining as a late join prepromote would have been cool to round out the pegasus knight trio. Since alot of FE games have 3 of them, usually 1 joining super early. One a bit later, and one just past the half way point. Would have been cool if she joined somewhere in the Valm arc as a prepromote unit. But sadly she had to be killed off before anything interesting could have been done with her character.

Plus it would have been awesome seeing a triangle attack between her, Sumia, and Cordelia.