The Branded King (New Heroes Banner)

Alexmender

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'know, I'm actually a bit upset about this Chrom alt. For one, they just released a refine for his normal Falchion, and now Sealed Falchion just comes out and says fuck you. And this is just SEALED Falchion. The wimpy early game sword with 5 Might. What's Exalted going to look like next year?

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Y'know, I'm actually a bit upset about this Chrom alt. For one, they just released a refine for his normal Falchion, and now Sealed Falchion just comes out and says fuck you. And this is just SEALED Falchion. The wimpy early game sword with 5 Might. What's Exalted going to look like next year?

20 Might and grants +10 to all str/spd/def/res during combat. Also effective against dragons and wyverns.

Ugh I want M!Morgan and his weapon is insane but I really want the Thracia units ;-; in the end I'm going to save my orbs and skip this banner. I already got Summer Corrin and M!Morgan shares a colour with Chrom.

F!Morgan has three skills while M!Morgan has a personal weapon, so now everyone will spend two weeks arguing over which Morgan will be demoted. Good, good.

The banner itself is okay I guess, I'm just glad we only got one alt this time (since alternate gendered variations are treated as separate characters).

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

20 Might and grants +10 to all str/spd/def/res during combat. Also effective against dragons and wyverns.

You're not thinking hard enough, it'll obviously have the effect of automatically defeating every enemy on the map.

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

You're not thinking hard enough, it'll obviously have the effect of automatically defeating every enemy on the map.

I actually thought up (jokingly of course) of Brave Reinhardt getting a tome that automatically quads, but if you don't kill your opponent, he dies.

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Meh. Female Morgan seems like she'll get demoted. Plus she's a flier mage

She is the more popular Morgan and has more skills. Are you sure about that?

3 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

@eclipse Could you merge the 4 topics together so things aren’t confusing?

@mampfoid @GuiltyLove First summonable mage flier, and she isn’t wearing skimpy clothing. I wonder how her stat spread will compare to S!Corrin, and if she will powercreep S!Corrin in availability and stats.

Well she's a non-seasonal but there's only one stat that really matters for flier mages and that's speed. If she has more speed then she powercreeps Corrin

I'm counting this as a win for my "Awakening kids banner" predictions, even though this sure isn't how I expected it to turn out.

Makes sense that they're finally getting around to adding more mage fliers, although Summer Corrin covers that plenty well in blue. m!Morgan has some wild skills, yet also seems like the only one with the potential to drop to 4*. Chrom is about what I'd expect a legendary Chrom to be like, except for the legendary part. Does this mean we won't get a legendary Chrom? Either that or some sort of like sword armor Chrom with Exalted Falchion, idk.

Owain's absence is odd. I guess he probably really will be a Farfetched Hero? No mention of a GHB, so it doesn't look like we're getting one of those, either.

No idea what to make of the colorless breath. Like, it's certainly a thing that can be done, but... why.

Chrom and the Morgans are all tempting, but I was planning on taking a break on spending orbs to build a stockpile back up, and I don't see anything I really need here, so I think I'm sticking to that.

2 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

I am betting on male, not just he can't really compare other two, but he has on waifu factor either.

That under assumption, someone will get demoted in first place.

Don't think Morgan has much waifu appeal.

Chrom looks great.  I might do a few full pulls on this one in hopes of getting a TT bonus unit.  I only have 56 orbs saved, though, and after spending a good amount of money on the legendary banner, I'm holding off on spending for a while.  Thank god Inigo isn't on it.  My wallet wouldn't be able to handle that, hahaha.

Edit: Didn't realize 2 of them share red.  I'm contemplating just pulling red now since I'm not a female Morgan fan.  I need a lot of red fodder too!  Hmm!

Edited by Infinite Dreams

Well...This wasn't what I expected at all so props to IS for surprising me. With that said, while I like both Morgans although they have the wrong hair color, F!Morgan is a redhead and M!Morgan has white hair but that's just me and my silly headcanons.

I'd prefer to have Cynthia instead but I won't complain, I was thinking on making a second Flier Emblem team for Caeda and Minerva and F!Morgan will fit perfectly there. M!Morgan is going to do a great job to add more red mages onto the game, I hope he's on par with Celica but maybe he'll be more defensive which is fine too.

Also, as the others have mentioned Gerome is there (TT reward?) and there's colorless dragons now. I wonder if this is them testing the waters to try to integrate Laguz into the game because it's not like we needed this new kind of dragon but more variety is welcome!

Chrom looks cool although I was never a fan of the Paladin outfit in Awakening but the white makes it better. Kinda sad that he shares color with M!Morgan, it's going to be suffering for those who only want 1 of them.

I unironically made Chrom into a sniper in my original Awakening run. I was a new FE player back then and didn't think there was anything weird about that.

As for this banner - eh, not sure what the value of a defensive flying mage is, especially one who shares a colour with the best flying mage. Male Morgan is an infantry mage and is thus hobbled unless he has excellent stats. Chrom would be a decent addition to my team, but with male Morgan splitting red, I don't think it's worth going for him, and he'll surely turn up in a Legendary banner in time anyway.

I think I'll do one circle then end it there. Hopefully the seasonal or legendary units coming this month are more appealing.

Gerome huh. Too bad, I don't care about him at all. I would've loved Cynthia or Noire, but still, Morgan is the most important. 

Makes me wonder when Owain will be added; won't get his own Warrior maps? 

Torn between loving tempest trial bonuses, disliking the morgans when i can really use a good blue mage in particular, and liking chrom when I don't need another sword character.

I'm excited, but confused at the same time. Why did they suddenly decide to do Morgans now, both of whom look amazing skill wise and art wise. 

Chrom just seems kinda broken lol. Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5 after one round of combat? Like Holy shit that's a lot of Brazens at once. Also I'm not hating, but isn't there something off about Chrom's face? Like the look there just doesn't seem like Chrom.

@Thane

Gerome!? Where!? I've been waiting for the Dark Knight for decades to show up in FEH.

Edited by Ae†her