The Branded King (New Heroes Banner)

Alexmender

23 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Not to mention Gerome's sprite's in the trailer on the map. So Gerome's confirmed as well.

I didn't catch that the first time.  I'm guessing he'll be a Tempest reward then?

I'm really hoping it's not going to be another Ayra/Rhajat.

I don't know why we have to get at least one alt unit per banner now.  I would have liked Brady, Noire, or Cynthia, but Morgan's nice.

I like the Chill skills.  I hope that Celica goes 4* next banner.  I really want to fodder that, but not on a 5* exclusive.

I'm not a fan of the Neuter Blade Tome B skill.  It seems like we've got enough counters for that already, but I guess they really want to nerf it.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Reddazrael said:

Surprised no one has mentioned Chrom's inspiringly hopeful battle cry of "I'm being helpful!"

Sounds like he's helping his enemy in a dark way. :P

10 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I actually thought up (jokingly of course) of Brave Reinhardt getting a tome that automatically quads, but if you don't kill your opponent, he dies.

She is the more popular Morgan and has more skills. Are you sure about that?

Popularity has nothing to do with it. Look at Soleil for instance. Anyways, Male Morgan has dull ranged as well as a legendary tome. But who knows. Female Morgan is a flier mage so maybe that's enough to keep her in 5*

Edited by silveraura25

DAMNIT, WHY NOW. I STILL HAVE YET TO GAIN HARDIN, AND I'M OUT OF ORBS FROM BARELY GETTING EPHRAIM

14 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I'll live. Though maybe Falchion will get the ability to refine up?

That reminds me,  is Hector able to do the same for Beserk Armads? Or even Ephraim for Flame Siegmund?

Female Morgan is cute.

I get the feeling male Morgan is going to be the character that drops rarity since, despite having a unique weapon, he only has 4 skills to both female Morgan's and Chrom's 5.

On the other hand, none of female Morgan's skills are particularly impressive when compared to Grima's Truth and Dull Ranged.

10 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Y'know, I'm actually a bit upset about this Chrom alt. For one, they just released a refine for his normal Falchion, and now Sealed Falchion just comes out and says fuck you. And this is just SEALED Falchion. The wimpy early game sword with 5 Might. What's Exalted going to look like next year?

I'm pretty sure "Sealed Falchion" is just IS's means of differentiating the various Falchions by their owner. His weapon in Warriors has the same name in Japanese (in English, it's just "Falchion"), compared to Lucina's Parallel Falchion and Marth's Exalted Falchion.

Not Elibe, but I can't really be mad. I saw Chrom, and at first I thought, "Great, another alt." ...but I'm not sure I can even be angry at how stunning that artwork is. I've been replaying Awakening whilst on my sickdeathbed, and I had forgotten how much I really liked Chrom. Easily in my top 3 lords. But with all his really....ridiculous seasonals, and his more cutesy normal hero art (it's not bad; I'm simply not a fan of the style), I just never use him. I'm really happy to see him looking this good. 

Both Morgans is...kinda' cool. A non-seasonal flier is neat. And a new line of inheritable tomes is even better. I wonder if I could build a triple distant defense Merric with the Gronnserpent. Bwahahahaha. I think I'm more happy to see a new weapon than anything else. Male Morgan seems pretty cool. Just another red mage. ...but he's my favorite Morgan. XD

I'm really really really excited for Gerome though. He must have known that I promoted his mama and Uncle Virion recently. 

I get that people would question there being just one morgan, but I'm bummed that only one new awakening character is in Heroes' first Awakening banner. The game deserves better. I've also got the feeling that Gerome will be a surprise in an upcoming TT or VG banner, rather than as a free unit.

Skills are pretty cool though. I like M!Morgan's Dull Ranged, since the "foes bonuses are nullified" effect has been slapped on a ton of weapons, especially refined weapons. It's clear IS wants more units to have access to this effect. However, if you ask me, it ought to be an A skill instead of B. 

4 minutes ago, Motendra said:

DAMNIT, WHY NOW. I STILL HAVE YET TO GAIN HARDIN, AND I'M OUT OF ORBS FROM BARELY GETTING EPHRAIM

That reminds me,  is Hector able to do the same for Beserk Armads? Or even Ephraim for Flame Siegmund?

Hector cannot. I imagine the same is true of Ephraim.

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I get that people would question there being just one morgan, but I'm bummed that only one new awakening character is in Heroes' first Awakening banner. The game deserves better. I've also got the feeling that Gerome will be a surprise in an upcoming TT or VG banner, rather than as a free unit.

Skills are pretty cool though. I like M!Morgan's Dull Ranged, since the "foes bonuses are nullified" effect has been slapped on a ton of weapons, especially refined weapons. It's clear IS wants more units to have access to this effect. However, if you ask me, it ought to be an A skill instead of B. 

The Morgans aren't that similar outside of their general theme of amnesia and parent worship.

Also, horse emblem now has a dragon Counter, meaning dragons are gonna face much competition. I hope they release the anti dragon weapons next banner so we can somewhat deal with them easier

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm pretty sure "Sealed Falchion" is just IS's means of differentiating the various Falchions by their owner. His weapon in Warriors has the same name in Japanese (in English, it's just "Falchion"), compared to Lucina's Parallel Falchion and Marth's Exalted Falchion.

Oh, I didn't know it was just Falchion in English Awakening. But still, since the Exalted Falchion is supposed to be the Falchion at full power, it should be made stronger imo. Your idea works too, though.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

The Morgans aren't that similar outside of their general theme of amnesia and parent worship.

I never used morgan so I wouldn't know or rightly care. All I'm saying is I wish more of Awakening's cast got in. If it were up to me, I'd avoid this duo, or leave one as a free unit so that a new face could come in.

While I'm excited for male Morgan, I HATE that he's sharing a color with this Chrom. I'm going to really dislike having to pull for him. I don't want to pull a bunch of these Chroms instead... I don't like him and don't have use for him anyway. But I guess I could fodder him off since he has Fury.

Male Morgan is actually a win-win for me, because I like him and he's in a favorable color for what I plan to do with him. I don't have many red mages and being red means I can run him with my Freddy and summer Robin and have a balanced family team. Though it also wouldn't be that unbalanced if I used regular female Robin and made Azura the dancer and blue unit of the group.

Also, can people stop creating multiple threads on the same banner? And can mods merge them? These threads clutter the board.

Just now, silveraura25 said:

I can't seem to find the colorless breath unit people keep mentioning. Where is it?

It's not a unit, the description of Chrom's Falchion where it says the dragon effectiveness has a colorless breath icon.

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

I can't seem to find the colorless breath unit people keep mentioning. Where is it?

There's a colorless breath icon along with the other three in Sealed Falchion's description.

Edit: Double ninja'd. Pretty sure that's a new record.

Edited by Tybrosion

3 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Also, horse emblem now has a dragon Counter, meaning dragons are gonna face much competition. I hope they release the anti dragon weapons next banner so we can somewhat deal with them easier

I hope there's never generic anti-dragon weapons.  Bold Fighter QR Armor with those would be too much.  Effie would destroy Fae, Winter Chrom would annihilate Young Tiki, etc.  The new Chrom is no threat because he can't use armor fighter skills, Nowi will just ORKO him easily without the +5 everything activating. 

Edited by Nowi's Husband