The Branded King (New Heroes Banner)

Alexmender

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Nowi's Husband said:

I hope there's never generic anti-dragon weapons.  Bold Fighter QR Armor with those would be too much.  Effie would destroy Fae, Winter Chrom would annihilate Young Tiki, etc.  

And? I don’t see a problem with that. Dragons are currently to strong in the current meta. They should at least nerf them. Plus, a smart player would at least be able figure out to handle them

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I never used morgan so I wouldn't know or rightly care. All I'm saying is I wish more of Awakening's cast got in. If it were up to me, I'd avoid this duo, or leave one as a free unit so that a new face could come in.

Enough people seem to like one and not the other. Female Morgan in particular seems to be love her or hate her so they both have their own merits.

Not excited about this but I don't mind as I can save orbs for Leif. I do kinda want Morgan as I don't have a flier mage yet. Nice art all around even if I'm not a fan of these characters.

Oh and colourless breath is intriguing... hope it isn't for all laguz. I would rather they be classed by colours.

Edited by Book Bro

Meh, a freaking non-canon Chrom (wtf, on a horse?), stealing a new character spot again and Morgan X2, who is a character I dislike.

I wish we had gotten the Thracia banner instead. :)

Gerome is great news though. Love him.

I know that they gave up having any real rationale for skills, but they should have given Forgan Galeforce as a nod to her being a Dark Flier.

I wish they had more inheritable weapons.  Giving Borgan Rawrowl would have been a nice way to get that for SI, assuming he becomes 4*.

Also, one more banner with no QR fodder.

Now, if only there was actual Hone Fliers fodder, I could put Forgan on a Flier Emblem Team.

Let's see...

Chrom: first dragon slayer on a horse, 2nd Sword Valor unit, and has a Falchion that's looks to be a downgrade of the refined Awakening Falchion (due to HP requirement and no Renewal passive effect). The colorless breath icon is probably just going to be a just-in-case sort of thing.

Female Morgan: first regular mage flier at last! Looks like Litrserpent tomes are going to be a thing! Kit suggests enemy phase flying magic sponge.

Male Morgan: another red mage infantry unit, though he appears to be built as a tanky red mage and tries to do Henry's job but better. Grima's Truth is basically a refined dagger disguised as a unique tome! Interesting that he's the only unit in the banner with a less complete default skillset compared to his own genderswap and Chrom.

Chances are that male Morgan is probably the unit who'd get demoted to 4-5* starting rarity after the banner ends. He has a less complete default skillset, mage fliers are coveted for PvE content (especially since Tempest Trials are around the corner), and Chrom has several neat tools for training and combat (Sword Valor is a possible reason that he'd remain 5*-exclusive; just look at Gray).

Edited by Roflolxp54

Looks like I"m sniping blue here. Left Legendary Ephraim without S!Corrin. At least if F!Morgan has a bad nature, it sounds like her tome can be inherited to great effect. V!Lyn (and possibly Micaiah) would appreciate Distant Defense.

Unless M!Morgan has a good physical defense to help distinguish him from fellow de-buffing red mage Arvis, and unless Horse Chrom powercreeps Sigurd by at least 2 BST, I'm not tempted to pull on red.

7 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Also, horse emblem now has a dragon Counter, meaning dragons are gonna face much competition. I hope they release the anti dragon weapons next banner so we can somewhat deal with them easier

High-Res melee units and enemy-phase units with middling or better Spd already have little trouble dealing with dragons. All of the existing Falchion units are already capable of demolishing dragons.

I think players are wanting the meta to change to fit their team rather than changing their team to fit the meta now that bulkier units are actually capable of giving hyper offense trouble.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

While I'm excited for male Morgan, I HATE that he's sharing a color with this Chrom. I'm going to really dislike having to pull for him. I don't want to pull a bunch of these Chroms instead... I don't like him and don't have use for him anyway. But I guess I could fodder him off since he has Fury.

Male Morgan is actually a win-win for me, because I like him and he's in a favorable color for what I plan to do with him. I don't have many red mages and being red means I can run him with my Freddy and summer Robin and have a balanced family team. Though it also wouldn't be that unbalanced if I used regular female Robin and made Azura the dancer and blue unit of the group.

Also, can people stop creating multiple threads on the same banner? And can mods merge them? These threads clutter the board.

It's not a unit, the description of Chrom's Falchion where it says the dragon effectiveness has a colorless breath icon.

They're not telepaths; it's not like they can see that others posted a topic as they are creating their own within the first few minutes of the trailer's upload. This won't be the last time it'll happen, I'm sure.

Really bummed that Chrom has Sword Valor. Oh, I've been asking for these skills to come to the normal summoning pool since their introduction, but Sword Valor is the only one that's already there. Put the other ones! I missed red and green tome valors, as well as dagger and bow.

I also think it's suspicious how Chrom's weapon doesn't appear to be up to par with other Falchions. Maybe it will have an additional refinement option?

Hmm. For the colorless breath mystery, I'm leaning towards colorless breath being ranged. Inheritance between ranged and melee breaths would be a bit weird, though, since ranged weapons are supposed to have decreased stats. But at the same time, breaths get a ton from refinements, and refinements can't be inherited. So keeping the base weapons the same but having colorless dragons with them get weaker sets of refinements to put them on an appropriate level for ranged weapons could work, I think?

3 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

They're not telepaths; it's not like they can see that others posted a topic as they are creating their own within the first few minutes of the trailer's upload. This won't be the last time it'll happen, I'm sure.

They should at least all get merged so they don't clutter the board though.

Ok lets see here...

• First non-seasonal flying blue mage with Distant Def inheritable blue tome and enemy phase set.
  • Red mage (likely to be demoted) with debuffing/buffing set and likely demotion to *4 for new source of Spur DEF/RES.
  • HORSE FALCHION WITH SWORD VALOR

Crap... I was really trying to save orbs and do a last yolo for LA!Hector or Lyn but my chances of getting them are too low and I want literally everyone. F!Morgan may not be as good as S!Corrin but she's -ATK and she's not sharing a color so getting her may be painless. Then M!Morgan has a debuffing set with the best defensive spur... (You guys know I run Matthew so buff/debuff combos are things I love) and Chrom's got Sword Valor.... SWORD VALOR, which only Gray has whom I've failed to pull on 3 separate occasions.

54 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

also no Owain but i'm actually okay with this so i can save orbs. Not too tempted by the Morgans and because i already have Summer Corrin i'm fine if i don't get our first normal mage flier. 

Bah! Speak for yourself. I want literally every unit on the banner. I'll probably need one of them for a tempest unit anyways. At least i only have to snipe red and blue and reds have been polluting the pool as of late.

Morgan will probably demote, but regardless I'm going to pull. I'm pulling on this banner definitely. Saving will have to wait.

59 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Not to mention Gerome's sprite's in the trailer on the map. So Gerome's confirmed as well.

Probably as Tempest Trial reward. Curious about Chrom being a cavalier, and the Falchion not being the exalted. Another curiosity is male Robin using his grandpa's tome, and the colorless manakete symbol 

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

They should at least all get merged so they don't clutter the board though.

I mean, I agree, but it's not like the mods aren't gonna do it; they just aren't watching everything at all times, so they're not gonna respond so fast. Just report the other topics and state that they should be merged in the report, and they'll get to it.

Edited by NoirCore

I'm glad to see Gerome.

Don't care about Morgans.

IS has some serious trust issues in it's fanbase. Every new heroes banner has to have at least one safe card duplicate or maybe simply to get that cash.

Chrom's Design is a Sigurd ripoff.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

High-Res melee units and enemy-phase units with middling or better Spd already have little trouble dealing with dragons. All of the existing Falchion units are already capable of demolishing dragons.

I think players are wanting the meta to change to fit their team rather than changing their team to fit the meta now that bulkier units are actually capable of giving hyper offense trouble.

When I run into dragons in AA (my unmerged vs their +10) they are easy wins, just bait with QR melee, their greatest strengths are QR and SB/WB which don't work on enemy phase.  I don't see why people have such a hard time against dragons to want more counters. 

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

I mean, I agree, but it's not like the mods aren't gonna do it; they aren't watching everything at all times. Just report the other topics and state that they should be merged in the report, and they'll get to it.

They never even merged the legend Ephraim threads though, as far as I could tell. And I'm certain some people reported them, right?

Chrom: Meh, nice to have Falchion on a horse, but I really don't care for alts. 

F!Morgan:  I'm happy to see her in the game and I'm even more happy she comes as a mage flier and with a new tome that's rather useful. I may try to pull for her with a free summon if I can.

M!Morgan: Also glad to see him in the game, though I'm a bit less excited since I usually got F!Morgan. I'll probably avoid him though since he shares his color with Chrom and my luck is horrible when it comes to units sharing colors. 

Gerome: I'm surprised they're bringing him into the game, considering how many kids are more popular then him I figured he'd sit out for at least another two banners. With that said, it's nice to get him and I'll pick him up as soon as his TT rolls around. 

Colorless Dragon icon: I'm looking forward to seeing who will get this icon. The manaketes in general can easily be sorted out into different colors so it wasn't really necessary, so it's interesting that they decided to add it into the game. 

Edited by Medeus

Nothing really mind-blowing here for me, and I probably won’t spend orbs here tbh. Admittedly, I’ve said that plenty of times before such as during the Christmas and Fallen banners, only to cave in eventually. However, I think I’ll follow through here.

Female Morgan does look cute though, and I’m happy Gerome is here since I like him.