The Branded King (New Heroes Banner)

Alexmender

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

They never even merged the legend Ephraim threads though, as far as I could tell. And I'm certain some people reported them, right?

Huh, weird. Still one example, though, and they've locked the other threads up save for one as of this post.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

And? I don’t see a problem with that. Dragons are currently to strong in the current meta. They should at least nerf them. Plus, a smart player would at least be able figure out to handle them

No dragon in the game can survive having Alm initiate combat against them unless Alm has zero buffs and Nowi or Corrin is running a maximum-Def build.

The only way for a dragon to kill Alm is to be named Nowi or Corrin, run Swordbreaker instead of a more useful skill, and initiate combat.

And I haven't even mentioned Lucina yet.

9 minutes ago, fOrEiGn sOUl said:

I'm glad to see Gerome.

Don't care about Morgans.

IS has some serious trust issues in it's fanbase. Every new heroes banner has to have at least one safe card duplicate or maybe simply to get that cash.

Chrom's Design is a Sigurd ripoff.

I don't remember Sigurd wearing so much of that armor, dude; that's a stretchy accusation.

And what do you mean by "safe card duplicate"? I don't get what you mean. You mean the alts? I don't see how that's relevant to trust...?

I'm at least glad we got new Awakening characters and not just alternates. A bit disappointed that it's children, but I'll take anything besides costumes at this point.

Unfortunately, I wasted my orbs though I'm gonna try my best to snipe for F!Morgan.

As much as I like Chrom's art style, something about his character design throws me off and I'm not sure why.

Glad for peeps who wanted Morgan but back to waiting for Maribelle thankfully cause I spent a bajillion orbs trying for Guunthra so with my luck I wouldn't have pulled Maribelle anyway X3

5 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Huh, weird. Still one example, though, and they've locked the other threads up save for one as of this post.

Yeah, Ice Dragon did just lock the dupes.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

No dragon in the game can survive having Alm initiate combat against them unless Alm has zero buffs and Nowi or Corrin is running a maximum-Def build.

The only way for a dragon to kill Alm is to be named Nowi or Corrin, run Swordbreaker instead of a more useful skill, and initiate combat.

And I haven't even mentioned Lucina yet.

Not everyone has those characters though, as they're not easy to get, and those that do might have them with bad IVs. My Alm is -Atk, for example. Though my Lucina is good at +Atk, -Res. I hardly ever use her though, since I dislike her.

8 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Welp. Thracia banner reveal cooled me off. But why another Chrom? I'm fine with the children, but why Chrom?

Chrom is the father of all of the second gen children. All of them.

It's good to be the Exalt.

Edited by Humanoid

Well this banner is meh for me, the only unit I would want is M!Morgan and since it looks like he will drop to 4* and I already have Arvis and Lyon for my red mage needs, I will leave this banner alone after my free pull.  I really wish that Priam would be a GHB, but with an ax instead of a sword, but I know that won't happen.  Gerome as the TT reward makes sense and I am happy about it, but dang it I don't need another ax flier I have more then enough good ones of those, but I can't see them giving him any other weapon too bad they won't give him a sword so I can make my dracoknight flier emblem team a reality:(  Good luck to those who are going for these units.

I gotta say, I'm disappointed with this banner. They could have used Gregor, Sumia, Cynthia, Noire, Laurent, Miriel, Vaike, Priam, Brady, and several others. Instead...we get another Chrom. At least we got both versions of Morgan and Gerome as a TT unit, I guess. I'll use my free pull, but after that I'll probably just save my orbs.

I just need my dragon riding child, I can skip the other two.

Just now, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I gotta say, I'm disappointed with this banner. They could have used Gregor, Sumia, Cynthia, Noire, Laurent, Miriel, Vaike, Priam, Brady, and several others. Instead...we get another Chrom. At least we got both versions of Morgan and Gerome as a TT unit, I guess. I'll use my free pull, but after that I'll probably just save my orbs.

I need more Gregor in my life.

I’ll probably do one summoning session and that’s it. Only going for red orbs though. Chrom actually has good art for once. But he will be around for good and I’d rather save my orbs for someone I might end up really wanting. Let’s just hope I don’t get impatient, as usual.

Still need to catch up on everything. Banner looks decent enough. Love F!Morgan, but she would've been a lot more appealing if I hadn't just pulled S!Corrin. Blew all my orbs failing to get Alm. At least I got a 4% pity rate. Anyway, Chrom's looking the best but I do like Morgan, so not sure what I'll use my free summon on.

Anyway, maybe this is me reading way too much, but does anyone else thing IS might be hinting at anything between Soren getting a refined weapon and this being called branded king? I know it's referring to Chrom's exalt mark, but the two and the phrasing seems suspicious. Then again, I even feel like I'm attributing more to this than there is.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Not everyone has those characters though, as they're not easy to get, and those that do might have them with bad IVs. My Alm is -Atk, for example. Though my Lucina is good at +Atk, -Res. I hardly ever use her though, since I dislike her.

The point was not that Alm allows all players to deal with dragons. The point was that dragons have a single unit in the game that they literally cannot deal with regardless of their color.

That's effectively the equivalent of if there was a unit in the game that hard-countered cavalry so badly that the unit's mere existence on an opponent's team is an automatic loss for an all-cavalry team.

The thing is that other single-type "Emblem" teams have tools to deal with effective weapons. Dragons do not.

Edited by Ice Dragon

21 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

I don't remember Sigurd wearing so much of that armor, dude; that's a stretchy accusation.

And what do you mean by "safe card duplicate"? I don't get what you mean. You mean the alts? I don't see how that's relevant to trust...?

It maybe stretchy, but we can clearly see where the "inspiration" came from.

This banner is the prime example that new banners from now on will be alternate for the money banners. There is a trust issue when you depending on big faces to get those figures safely.

There are so many great characters left to be added but they will never see a spotlight, because all we will get are  the 10th version of Chrom or Lucina. You can't even blame them, it's gatcha after all.

Edited by fOrEiGn sOUl

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The point was not that Alm allows all players to deal with dragons. The point was that dragons have a single unit in the game that they literally cannot deal with regardless of their color.

That's effectively the equivalent of if there was a unit in the game that hard-countered cavalry so badly that the unit's mere existence on an opponent's team is an automatic loss for an all-cavalry team.

The thing is that other single-type "Emblem" teams have tools to deal with effective weapons. Dragons do not.

Yes, but my point is that Alm being so good vs dragons means nothing if you don't have him or have him with good enough IVs.

Anyways, I’ll be gunning for Morgan, so I’m sniping blues, and sniping is something that I haven’t really done, so here is hoping that it works. I do admit, I am somewhat hoping there is a new GHB unit after Zephiel that is someone like Aversa

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yes, but my point is that Alm being so good vs dragons means nothing if you don't have him or have him with good enough IVs.

I've already mentioned that there are plenty of other units that have zero trouble dealing with dragons. People simply think no such units exist because they're too focused on the fact that their hyper offense or mage team no longer trivializes the game.

I'm singling out Alm because he hard counters dragons to a ridiculous extent.

38 minutes ago, Nowi's Husband said:

When I run into dragons in AA (my unmerged vs their +10) they are easy wins, just bait with QR melee, their greatest strengths are QR and SB/WB which don't work on enemy phase.  I don't see why people have such a hard time against dragons to want more counters. 

I agree.  I don't want dragons to be nerfed/countered even more.  Falchion seems good enough.  Like you said, fighting dragons is easy enough if you bait them.  

A well-built armour emblem team can be a lot scarier to fight in the arena than a dragon team IMO.  :wacko:  Most of my surrenders happen against those.

Intelligent Systems does not want to leave my orbs the fuck alone, do they? 

Then again, given my luck recently, I'm not getting any of these characters for a while save for the character that's gonna get demoted (which will probably be M!Morgan)

15 minutes ago, fOrEiGn sOUl said:

It maybe stretchy, but we can clearly see where the "inspiration" came from.

This banner is the prime example that new banners from now on will be alternate for the money banners. There is a trust issue when you depending on big faces to get those figures safely.

There are so many great characters left to be added but they will never see a spotlight, because all we will get are  the 10th version of Chrom or Lucina. You can't even blame them, it's gatcha after all.

Explain in detail, then. The most I get is the color scheme, which amounts to little with how common a scheme it is.

And as for the alts, it's still one per banner versus 3 (or 4 in the case of the SS banner). We're getting new people regardless. I also dunno what you mean by a "money banner".

Wow! They look good! I want to pull for them, but after spending a lot of orbs on the Fallen Heroes banner (only to get pity-breakers), I'll be saving Orbs for a while. Now that Awakening Kids are getting added, I need to save for Owain!

• F!Morgan
    • New tome is nice! Distant Def built in? That will be great for Enemy-phase mages (LA!Lyn). 
    • Mirror Stance - Looks like we will be getting all the variations now!
  • M!Morgan
    • Grima's Truth looks pretty crazy! Basically an upgraded Rogue Dagger!
    • Dull Ranged is very cool and unique! 
  • Horse!Chrom
    • Sealed Falchion - What is the colorless stones?!? WOAH!! Hints of something yet to come? And am I reading it correctly? "If HP < 100% at start of combat"? That is crazy! 
    • Chill Def - High Def Tanks aren't safe anymore :(

Wow colorless dragons!? Wonder who that’ll be?? The only one I can think of that could fit the bill would be Xane but that seems farfetched. Edit: I guess someone like Nils or the Tellius Dragons would work also

I’m glad Chrom gets the Falchion upgrade he deserves but I wished they would have used that spot for someone else.

F!Morgan is finally here but I’m low on orbs. I’ll try to snipe blues and see if I can hopefully get her.

Gerome is a strange choice imo but glad to see him nonetheless. And I’ll never say no to a free unit (assuming he is a TT reward)

N̶o̶w̶ ̶I̶n̶i̶g̶o̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶h̶a̶n̶d̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶

Edited by NegativeExponents-