The Branded King (New Heroes Banner)

Alexmender

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I've already mentioned that there are plenty of other units that have zero trouble dealing with dragons. People simply think no such units exist because they're too focused on the fact that their hyper offense or mage team no longer trivializes the game.

I'm singling out Alm because he hard counters dragons to a ridiculous extent.

I'm so happy my team is kind of a mix between offensive initiation and defensive baiting than being hyperoffensive like most Arena teams I've been facing. It's been pretty easy getting a good score.

As for the banner, I like all of these units, but not enough to spend money for them, so I guess that money will go elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I agree.  I don't want dragons to be nerfed/countered even more.  Falchion seems good enough.  Like you said, fighting dragons is easy enough if you bait them.  

A well-built armour emblem team can be a lot scarier to fight in the arena than a dragon team IMO.  :wacko:  Most of my surrenders happen against those.

Ugh, armor emblem, don't even get me started. Nothing worse than quad-march/DC armor team.

From personal experience after this week, I've realized that my issue isn't so much dragons as it is not having a decent green on my arena team. With Michalis being a bonus unit, he's made dealing with Nowi a breeze when Rein can't 2HKO her, and she was the only major issue other weeks. So yeah, I'd agree that dragons aren't really in need of a huge nerf.

I'm glad that Awakening fans finally got their Morgans and Gerome, but I'm not that excited for this banner. I'll spend about 20 orbs and keep the rest of my 320 orbs for the next banner

5 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

A well-built armour emblem team can be a lot scarier to fight in the arena than a dragon team IMO.  :wacko:  Most of my surrenders happen against those.

I agree. Armors have the huge advantage that they can be built to operate well on both player phase and enemy phase, severely limiting your ability to engage them in combat. Zelgius is especially problematic because of Black Luna's power and cooldown combined with the skills that boost his Special charge speed.

Heck, armor-effective weapons are often not usable against them without weapon triangle advantage simply due to their massive bulk and retaliation damage.

4 minutes ago, Lord_Grima said:

And am I reading it correctly? "If HP < 100% at start of combat"?

Indeed you are. In Japanese, the wording was "If HP ≤ 99% at the beginning of combat".

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Ok lets see here...

• First non-seasonal flying blue mage with Distant Def inheritable blue tome and enemy phase set.
  • Red mage (likely to be demoted) with debuffing/buffing set and likely demotion to *4 for new source of Spur DEF/RES.
  • HORSE FALCHION WITH SWORD VALOR

Crap... I was really trying to save orbs and do a last yolo for LA!Hector or Lyn but my chances of getting them are too low and I want literally everyone. F!Morgan may not be as good as S!Corrin but she's -ATK and she's not sharing a color so getting her may be painless. Then M!Morgan has a debuffing set with the best defensive spur... (You guys know I run Matthew so buff/debuff combos are things I love) and Chrom's got Sword Valor.... SWORD VALOR, which only Gray has whom I've failed to pull on 3 separate occasions.

Bah! Speak for yourself. I want literally every unit on the banner. I'll probably need one of them for a tempest unit anyways. At least i only have to snipe red and blue and reds have been polluting the pool as of late.

Morgan will probably demote, but regardless I'm going to pull. I'm pulling on this banner definitely. Saving will have to wait.

Yeah the whole TT bonus unit thing is putting a wrench on my plans to save up for the legendary banner though. Hopefully the TT orbs are enough to replenish any pulling I do

it is a good banner to pull from red though which i haven't done since... Gray i think.

Yet another Chrom alt and a third awakening themed tempest. Yeah, not spending any orbs here. Morgans don't interest me that much either. Now I see why the Thracia banner was announced early. To reduce the backlash from this one.

27 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I've already mentioned that there are plenty of other units that have zero trouble dealing with dragons. People simply think no such units exist because they're too focused on the fact that their hyper offense or mage team no longer trivializes the game.

I'm singling out Alm because he hard counters dragons to a ridiculous extent.

Alright, fair enough, I guess.

Also, if IS felt this banner would get a lot of backlash, why did they even do it in the first place...?

Edited by Anacybele

Ah, F!Morgan... The first unit in a while who'll break my wallet. I was going to start saving for Maribelle, but alas, one of the three characters I really wanted in the game has arrived.

Edited by Frenzify

I like how they made the filler banner seem pointless due to Finn being announced a day before. 

Chrom is cool and all but Finn is the best and like you all know what happens when big daddies are introduced, everyone uses him over the others who aren't Finn. 

Well, my turn to not really care, but be genuinely glad for those that requested Morgan for so long. Plus that's not entirely true, I do like Morgan

Edit: Gerome is a pretty surprising choice, btw. Didn't expect him in Heroes anytime soon.

Aaaand I do have to admit I could have been a little bit less serene today had they not revealed Thracia yesterday. So I guess their strategy is working, on me anyway.

Edited by Cysx

I’m just happy that flier emblem is getting some new units for it. I am somewhat hopping that and Aversa GHB was hidden and that will happen, but I don’t have to high of hopes for that anytime soon. At least April will be about saving orbs since the Tharcia 776 banner is looking lackluster to me

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

I get that people would question there being just one morgan, but I'm bummed that only one new awakening character is in Heroes' first Awakening banner. The game deserves better. I've also got the feeling that Gerome will be a surprise in an upcoming TT or VG banner, rather than as a free unit.

IDK man,

Awakening got a lot to fall back on & has plenty exposure as it is. I know I would like some more Awakening but I rather let every one else have their chances to shine.

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

Another thing I just realized is that F!Morgan’s outfit is actually a mix of the Dark Flier and Tactician outfits. That actually really clever!

I hope this is something the developers is considering in future project. F!Morgan's outfit looks very nice.

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

Enough people seem to like one and not the other. Female Morgan in particular seems to be love her or hate her so they both have their own merits.

Really? Seem like a silly reason to hate

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

And? I don’t see a problem with that. Dragons are currently to strong in the current meta. They should at least nerf them. Plus, a smart player would at least be able figure out to handle them

But I'm not smart & I still don't have that much of an issue with them

1 hour ago, Mackc2 said:

Gerome has pink hair, interesting 

I'm still not sure why he has his mother hair color if Inigo doesn't. In fact Inigo probably pulls a pink hair than Gerome does.

1 hour ago, Vince777 said:

Meh, a freaking non-canon Chrom (wtf, on a horse?), stealing a new character spot again and Morgan X2, who is a character I dislike.

Chrom can re-class into one, but whatever.

1 hour ago, Medeus said:

Gerome: I'm surprised they're bringing him into the game, considering how many kids are more popular then him I figured he'd sit out for at least another two banners. With that said, it's nice to get him and I'll pick him up as soon as his TT rolls around. 

Gerome isn't that popular? I could've sworn he's the 3rd most popular male children.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

No dragon in the game can survive having Alm initiate combat against them unless Alm has zero buffs and Nowi or Corrin is running a maximum-Def build.

The only way for a dragon to kill Alm is to be named Nowi or Corrin, run Swordbreaker instead of a more useful skill, and initiate combat.

And I haven't even mentioned Lucina yet.

Lucina can handle a swordbreaker Nowi? I didn't know that.

35 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Ugh, armor emblem, don't even get me started. Nothing worse than quad-march/DC armor team.

From personal experience after this week, I've realized that my issue isn't so much dragons as it is not having a decent green on my arena team. With Michalis being a bonus unit, he's made dealing with Nowi a breeze when Rein can't 2HKO her, and she was the only major issue other weeks. So yeah, I'd agree that dragons aren't really in need of a huge nerf.

Nothing like seeing Armor Emblem walking through the forest am I right?:dry:

I'm surprise they don't let them walk through a mountain.

Edited by Zangetsu

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Really? Seem like a silly reason to hate

I meant people seem to love female Morgan or hate her. I'm not saying that there're aren't people in between, but she seems to invoke strong dislike in those who do dislike her.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

I meant people seem to love female Morgan or hate her. I'm not saying that there're aren't people in between, but she seems to invoke strong dislike in those who do dislike her.

Meh, people are gonna people.

I'm not sure why they picked such a dorky Special quote for Chrom for the English trailer (or, really, why the writers decided that was a good Special quote to begin with), granted Mercer's delivery of that line is pretty damned awesome.

The Japanese trailer's Special quote is so much more elegant: "人馬一体" (jinba ittai), "horse and rider acting as one".

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, if IS felt this banner would get a lot of backlash, why did they even do it in the first place...?

I don’t believe IS ever thought this banner would receive backlash. First, if you were thinking that due to the reveal of Leif earlier that they were  using it as a safety net, that’s a little silly. Did all the previous banners get bashed for not including Ike/Sigurd/Micaiah/Leif? Not really. Actually, to be completely honest the only banner that had significantly negative reception was the one containing Ayra for the first time. 

Plus Morgan (moreso the female one) and Chrom are both popular characters, so it’s not like this move is out of left field, at least concerning the Morgans. Chrom was a little unnecessary, though it is (likely) better than his standard version at the very least.

3 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

. Actually, to be completely honest the only banner that had significantly negative reception was the one containing Ayra for the first time. 

Gleipnir cavalry Eirika I feel wasn't well received by all. 

2 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Gleipnir cavalry Eirika I feel wasn't well received by all. 

There was some backlash but nothing tops Ayra. Insanely op sword unit shares the same colour as an older unit and wasn't announced prior. I can't get over how silly Chrom's special activation line is but at the same time it totally fits his dorky side.

Not gonna lie, I really wish we would have gotten Thracia now, and then gotten this banner in Thracia's place, after Easter or whatever. I don't have enough orbs ready, blew them all on Ephraim's banner. Really debating whether or not I should even try pulling, but I'm probably going to end up doing it anyway.

Aiming specifically for Female Morgan. I happen to like Morgan, and I could use a tome flier after I failed to get Summer Corrin. Although it's a bit disappointing that I'm going to have to dive into blue again. Thanks to Breath of Destiny and Legendary Hero: Ephraim, I've pulled enough blue to have every blue unit available at 4*. Ech.

Also, I can't help but find it interesting that we see the introduction of the colourless breath icon now of all times. With Ike, Fjorm, and Gunnthra confirmed for the next Legendary Hero banner, the next Legendary Hero is likely colourless, and what do we have right before it? A weapon that counters colourless breath. Coincidence? Maybe.

2 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

There was some backlash but nothing tops Ayra. Insanely op sword unit shares the same colour as an older unit and wasn't announced prior. I can't get over how silly Chrom's special activation line is but at the same time it totally fits his dorky side.

Maybe he's determined to be so helpful because of his normal self. Either way, he needs another Something gives me strength!

As of the 2.3.0 update, all Falchion weapons have been updated to be effective against colorless breath.

Fun.

EDIT: Naga and Divine Naga, too.

Edited by Ice Dragon