The Branded King (New Heroes Banner)

Alexmender

2 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Shame on me xD. I totally forgot about the official Artwork Hair colors and what little they mean. It's also been a long time since I played awakening. 

To add to that, I believe pink is also Gerome's official artwork hair color. Why they didn't make Morgan's white, I don't know. Maybe it's because Robin's hair color was originally variable so they just went with the most common hair color.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

To add to that, I believe pink is also Gerome's official artwork hair color. Why they didn't make Morgan's white, I don't know. Maybe it's because Robin's hair color was originally variable so they just went with the most common hair color.

Morgan's official hair color is the one they went with, actually. Look at their official artwork.

1 minute ago, Michelaar said:

Morgan's official hair color is the one they went with, actually. Look at their official artwork.

I know. I meant I don't know why their official color wasn't white from the start since going with the static parent was the trend with some exceptions (Inigo and Kjelle come to mind).

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

His (Morgans) voice is funny when you don't realize immediately from the art that he is male. 

/Edit: Sorry for the double post. Had the same topic open in different tabs. 

Males who look like females are my type of males. I need to date a bishounen 

22 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

FMorgan!!!! Yes, Yes, Yes Yes!!!!!  I have been waiting for her since the beginning of the game. And she's a flier to boot, interesting. I don't know much about mMorgan, he seems to be nice. Paladin Chrom seems to be a powerhouse. When will Noire be in the game so the family can be reunited? One step at a time, I guess. I hope I can get her with my 101 orbs saved up.

Call me partial, but I dunno if I'd want Noire reunited with...you. lol

Anyway, I have to be honest, F!Morgan and P!Chrom are vastly appealing to my palate.  F!Morgan's design is nicely differentiated from her male counterpart, and TBH, I kinda like the taste of her personality that we got in the trailer.  Also, Chrom won me over the second he yelled "I am helping!"

I and my soon-to-be 39 orbs are looking forward to this banner!

22 hours ago, Poimagic said:

@eclipse Could you merge the 4 topics together so things aren’t confusing?

@mampfoid @GuiltyLove First summonable mage flier, and she isn’t wearing skimpy clothing. I wonder how her stat spread will compare to S!Corrin, and if she will powercreep S!Corrin in availability and stats.

I dunno dude, that skirt does seem kinda short. xD

Anyway, no doubt there'll be power creep.  It's part of how IS keeps interest in these banners going beyond just fueling the collect-o-than of characters.

11 minutes ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

I dunno dude, that skirt does seem kinda short. xD

Anyway, no doubt there'll be power creep.  It's part of how IS keeps interest in these banners going beyond just fueling the collect-o-than of characters.

Actually, this happens to be the least powercrept banner in quite some time. Chrom faces stiff competition from Sigurd and Siegbert, F!Morgan is not as statistically optimised as S!Corn and M!Morgan doesn't stand out amongst the other red tomes 

The main draw here is the serpent tome and chill skills and honestly, I'm really glad about this. This game has been powercreeping a little too much recently especially with all the armor whalebait characters, though thankfully, none as bad as Ayra/winters envoy.

Edited by Korath88

It isn't much powercreep, but Male Morgan is faster and stronger than any of the red mages. 33/34 is the highest combined speed/attack stat amoung them. SM!Eirika is 31/35, Tharja and Katarina are 32/34, Celica is 32/33, Nowi is 34/32, and Arvis is 34/31. Of course SM!Eirika and Celica both have their unique tomes. Grima's Truth meanwhile is kinda meh. Magical Dagger isn't useless, but Male Morgan's statline isn't exactly the greatest to abuse it with. Dumping a blade on a +SPD variant of him is probably the best use of him. And of course it is a big deal that he has 1 point higher offense total then the other blade mages, right? Nah, I get it. He might be very slightly more optimized but his tome isn't as great as +x to atk/spd. And not as mergable as Tharja.

The bigger deal will probably be Chrom's Sealed Falchion. That condition looks way too easy to achieve.

5 hours ago, Korath88 said:

F!Morgan is not as statistically optimised as S!Corn

She's actually very statistically optimized for her intended role. She's not a player-phase nuke. She's an enemy-phase magic tank. Female Morgan actually makes better use of Dull Ranged than male Morgan.

Two blues and a red from the free pull; I wasn't expecting anything good, but I was pleasantly surprised by a girly Morgan! More than made up for the 3-star Oboro and Jagen that came with her.

After wasting ~160 orbs on the fallen banner to get only a Siegbert, I just got myself a -def/+res Knight Exalt Chrom on the first summoning session :D Not the best IVs, but he is the only unit I actually wanted from this banner, so my misfortune finally left me it seems. I'm only hoping now that he will be a 40% bonus unit in the upcoming TT. Now I must go back, and train him so he won't fall from that horse so that I can start the TT asap when it arrives.

1 hour ago, Stroud said:

Chrom is savage:
If you wanna know how to make friends with a horse ask Frederick. His best friend is a horse.

i read this as "he is a horse" somehow and it's making me laugh

Wow... Sawashiro Miyuki can do such a high pitched voice. Morgan is so adorable. I think I'll get diabetes. Same can be said about the male one

Edited by silveraura25

Got an Exalted!Chrom instead of my precious boy Morgan. This is why I hate having two banner units in the same colour, I always get the one I don't want. (except Lissa in the Christmas banner. Guess Chrom was out for revenge.)

Anyway, even though he's +Atk, I find myself with very little motivation for building him. Just not very excited for sword cavs I guess.

Free summon Exalt Chrom made me shout in disbelief, especially since I just completed the LA banner set an hour before.

Chrom is such a dork. I like this Chrom.

Also now I have a player phase red cav (Xander's getting less and less use) and Sword Valour to add to my Valour collection! :D

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Also now I have a player phase red cav (Xander's getting less and less use) and Sword Valour to add to my Valour collection! :D

Didn't you happen to have a Galeforce Siegbert? Or was that the other acc?