Tempest Trials: Invisible Ties!

Vaximillian

ZENcaeYl.png

New tempest trials—titled Invisible Ties—have started to last from Mar 15th to Mar 29th, with Grima as the final boss.

For our final map this round, have a Grima on top of Grima:
Screenshot_20180315_141642.png

Our bonus line-up will be, as follows:
IMG_20180312_144425.jpg

40%: Chrom, Exalted Knight; Morgan, Lad from Afar; Morgan, Lass from Afar; Gerome, Masked Rider;
20%: Robin, Mystery Tactician; Donnel, Village Hero; Cherche, Wyvern Friend; Olivia, Blushing Beauty.

Donnel, Cherche, and Olivia are also featured on the summoning focus banner that will accompany this event.

Gerome is a score reward of 2,000 for a 4★ and 30,000 for a 5★ Gerome.

Our other important rewards are, as follows:
12,000: Obstruct 1 seal;
20,000: Res Ploy 1 seal;
25,000: one Fire blessing;
40,000: Def Tactic 1 seal.

Show off your Batmans, folks!

Edited by Vaximillian

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, cool. I was worried Gerome might be snuck into a TT or VG Banner.

For the sixth or so time I'm going to speculate that renewal seal is on its way. As for bonus units, I'm expecting (regular) Lucina since she's also a future brat. So few 5 star locked Awakening units, maybe we're looking at a TT Mini since those are characterized by generous bonus units. Maybe the Outrealm brats of Fates will be in since they didn't get their own TT.

Also next Tap Battle when? I need my Theatrhythm fix.

I'm expecting Morgan, Morgan, Paladin Chrom, and Lucina as the 40% bonus units and Masked Marth, Marth, Masked Jerome, and Jerome Jerome, Masked Marth, Chrom, and Robin as 20% bonus units, making the Tempest Trials banner have Lucina, Chrom, and Robin on it.

Sounds like a rather meh banner.

Not entirely sure who's going to be the bonus units, but I'm kinda predicting the final boss to be Grima Robin, and the final map to be The Future Past 3. Kinda interested in how the intro of the TT is going to go, considering the child units should recognise Lucina, so she'll have to drop her "Marth" shtick for a bit.

25 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Jerome, Masked Marth, Chrom, and Robin as 20% bonus units, making the Tempest Trials banner have Lucina, Chrom, and Robin on it.

Sounds like a rather meh banner.

lol, if the TT starts within the next week it'd run parallel with the Falchions banner. Pretty redundant. Again, the lack of 5 star awakening units is throwing a wrench into the possibility of a valuable banner. And I'm just now realizing the Falchion banner wasn't given a lot of time, was it?

If Chrom or Masked Marth are bonus units, then that will force me to refine their weapons. F!Robin would be a cool choice of bonus unit since nobody really seems to use her. It would just be inconvenient for me since I already maxed her HM.

Is this a full TT?

i expect Masked Marth to be a bonus unit but if it is a full TT Lucina might be 40%. Can tie in with current Falchion banner actually.

if mini then Gerome might be 40%. I hope so.

also can't wait for Gerome interaction since he was the one that gave Marth the idea of a mask

23 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Banner, thanks to the datamine, below:

Hide contents

ZENcaeYl.png

No guesses as to what the final map is going to be based on.

Spoiler

Well, guess I'll need to bring a Falchion.

13 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I swear to god if normal Chrom isn't a bonus unit on what I think is the 3RD Awakening tempest....

Winter Chrom got one at least.

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The datamine has was most likely is the final map for the tempest:

Hide contents

4cda5SZ.png

Fighting Grima on top of Grima, it’s Awakening all over again. Again.

Spoiler

Uh, Grima looks a bit more...nasty (?) this time around.

That final map looks sick!

Didn't even think it was a map at first glance.

So Full TT it is then, looking at the banner.

I think that means more orbs than a mini-TT? Or are they the normal amount but just differently spaced out?

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

I think that means more orbs than a mini-TT? Or are they the normal amount but just differently spaced out?

Same number of orbs. Tempest Trials Minis simply have all of the score requirements cut in half.

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Only the score thresholds are sliced in half, the rewards are the same. 42 orbs total.

I do hope this is a mini, because the rewards are the same, but it's so much easier to get all of them without a 40% bonus unit. As for bonus units, I think 40% will be the Morgans and the new Chrom, and maybe Fallen Robin (Valentines Lilina was one of the 40% bonus units AND the boss of the previous TT, so it's not impossible that this might happen here too), 20% will be Lucina/MMarth, Robin(s), Chrom, but I'm never really sure in these ones. Gerome will probably be a 20% though, and normal Chrom might not going to be a bonus unit. I hope we will see it soon, so everyone can decide who to power-up in time :D

4 minutes ago, coldhand25 said:

I do hope this is a mini, because the rewards are the same, but it's so much easier to get all of them without a 40% bonus unit.

It’s not a mini because the header image doesn’t say it is. It’s a full-sized, fortnight-long tempest trial.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

It’s not a mini because the header image doesn’t say it is. It’s a full-sized, fortnight-long tempest trial.

Dang, I totally missed that. Then I hope I will be able to summon one of the 40% units in time. Or at least to have one of the 20% units already built, so I won't have to rush it.

Given that there's only 3 banner units, I hope the 4th 40% bonus will be a unit I have, because I hate slogging through full length tempests without one. The previous 2 awakening tempests were the least enjoyable for me and I hope this one will be different.

I happen to have OG Lucina, so I'm perfectly fine if it's her.

Edited by Korath88

Ew it's a full length Tempest. I never have the patience to complete those, even with a 40% unit. Those Minis were really nice to have around too. I hope I at least get one 40% unit this time around.

Well it looks like I won't have a 40% bonus unit, hopefully I will have a 20% unit.  Maybe Cherche will be a 20% bonus since I have her at 5*, MM would be nice as well and I would refine her weapon for this TT, Cordelia would be a nice choice for me as well.