Tempest Trials: Invisible Ties!

Vaximillian

That intro was...weird. At least Grima actually referenced that the other Robin was female.

12 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

At least Grima wasn't deceived to believe "Marth" is a man. Really, who could be so dense? Like the Naoto Shirogane situation all over again.

He does have the advantage of being from the future like her (given how screwed up the Awakening worlds are at this point, who knows if its the same future) and being from potentially near the end of the game.

It does seem a bit odd that Grima is specifically gunning for her though and is rather aware of the Tempest.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m just as puzzled as you are. Maybe she’s going to be participate in the ending?

[DATAMINE Spoiler]

Spoiler

She is. The ending dialogue just involves her and Loki.

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Crap, Normal +Atk Chrom doesn't come close to one shotting Grima. I wonder if Chill Def is enough for Better!Chrom to get him?

My Helpful!Chrom doesn't have any trouble destroying Grima whatsoever. With neutral ATK, Fury, and the Tempest buffs, he's got 60 ATK which is 65 when he's damaged...and 71 when he gets Horse Emblem buffs. It's pretty ridiculous.

Decided to run Helpful!Chrom, Ursula, Cecilia, and Priscilla...but then Priscilla maxed HM...so she got replaced with Genny. XD I have so many characters that have around 3500 HM, so I think I'm going to focus on maxing them out... 

6 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Crap, Normal +Atk Chrom doesn't come close to one shotting Grima. I wonder if Chill Def is enough for Better!Chrom to get him?

My +Atk Exalt!Chrom can one-shot Grima. Doesn't even need to double or have taken damage beforehand. A nice 83 straight damage per blow. It trivializes the final stage a lot..

This alone is enough for me to forgive him for pity-breaking me on Morgan.

8 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

[DATAMINE Spoiler]

Reveal hidden contents

She is. The ending dialogue just involves her and Loki.

Spoiler

Well that really messes things up. How could she have tried to kill Robin if she's still in the Marth phase?

Also, guess this Lucina is from a female Robin world. Shame.

Flier Emblem 2 works perfectly here. I kinda hate that almost all of my fliers have Fury leaving them super weak during the 7th map but Desperation helps with that. Caeda can ORKO Grima and have her Glacies ready to kill the next guy with Airzura's help. Morgan does well baiting mages with the Quick Riposte seal (I'll think about killing a Michalis to give her Iote's Shield for the archers).

It's cumbersome but I'll keep doing manual Lunatic 7 with this team to get up to 100k.

Cool, Gerome doesn't even appear in the intro...

Spoiler

... or the ending of the Tempest Trials.

He's just there hanging out. None of the Awakening children even showed up either not even Lucina of all people. Oh well. I do find it interesting that GM!Robin acknowledged the existence of the Tempest. I don't think any of the other bosses except for Veronica and Loki!Fjorm did that. I could see Nergal acknowledging the existence of it and that would be interesting since if he ends up being a GHB unit, he could be the first TT boss who is a GHB unit.

3 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Flier Emblem 2 works perfectly here. I kinda hate that almost all of my fliers have Fury leaving them super weak during the 7th map but Desperation helps with that. Caeda can ORKO Grima and have her Glacies ready to kill the next guy with Airzura's help. Morgan does well baiting mages with the Quick Riposte seal (I'll think about killing a Michalis to give her Iote's Shield for the archers).

It's cumbersome but I'll keep doing manual Lunatic 7 with this team to get up to 100k.

It seems a flying healer will be in your future. Angel Michalis when? Redeemed by his love for Maria, Michalis joins the Order of Beautiful Healing Men with Long Hair. :p

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I could see Nergal acknowledging the existence of it and that would be interesting since if he ends up being a GHB unit, he could be the first TT boss who is a GHB unit.

Nah, we’ll get another Lyn alt, this time with Ereshkigal.

39 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

At least Grima wasn't deceived to believe "Marth" is a man. Really, who could be so dense? Like the Naoto Shirogane situation all over again.

I can really argue about that but I'm sure already know what I would say.

33 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Do you know you can get Fjorm as a five-star ally for free by completing Chapter 1 of Book II?

YOU STOP THAT RIGHT NOW!

9 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well that really messes things up. How could she have tried to kill Robin if she's still in the Marth phase?

Also, guess this Lucina is from a female Robin world. Shame.

Base on what?

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Cool, Gerome doesn't even appear in the intro...

Hide contents

... or the ending of the Tempest Trials.

He's just there hanging out. None of the Awakening children even showed up either not even Lucina of all people. Oh well. I do find it interesting that GM!Robin acknowledged the existence of the Tempest. I don't think any of the other bosses except for Veronica and Loki!Fjorm did that. I could see Nergal acknowledging the existence of it and that would be interesting since if he ends up being a GHB unit, he could be the first TT boss who is a GHB unit.

I'm very disappointed that none of the Morgan shows, but this timeline seems to be dedicated F!Robin ergo M!Morgan. Still disappointed.

Def Tactics Seal

Glad I didn't fodder anyone off for that. Mixed teams are going to be way more viable now, and Eirika's new refinement is only going to be easier to abuse.

Res Ploy seal is cool too

With so many Falchion clerics and Horse Chrom and Wing Sword Caeda, I won't be having any trouble taking out Grima. 

F!Morgan with TT boosted stats, DD3 seal, Fortify + Ward Fliers doesn't know what magical damage is: 

akhA0d1.png

1 minute ago, Hawk King said:

Def Tactics Seal

Glad I didn't fodder anyone off for that. 

Same here, I'm glad now I merged my Shiros. 

Edited by mampfoid

5 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Base on what?

Spoiler

The ending text for the tempest. She mentions having tried to kill her at some point which would indicate this Lucina comes from a world with female Robin (perhaps the same one) and that she has done things that she shouldn't have yet. In other words, they've really messed up their continuity.

Though, perhaps for balance's sake, the normal Lucina from the first tempest was from the same world as the male Robin.

Welp, E!Chrom just soloed the final map on Lunatic 7 for me. His Fury damage didn't matter since only Abel could hurt him and he just got an Aether in the face. Might have gone differently had there been any blue mages present, but still.. This TT is a lot of fun for me so far.

First run was successful (A/A) with Horse Chrom, Olivia, Cherche and Bridelyn, but it was more of a hassle than I'd have liked. Lyn being my only source of magic damage was awkward, and she has no sustain due to having Dazzling Staff in the B-slot, so she can't bait on enemy phase. Olivia hit 4000HM too during the run. I think I'll go back to the drawing board before starting the second run. If only I'd built a 4*+10 Donnel with Slaying Lance or somesuch.

I guess getting a Morgan would have been more useful than I'd first thought, but I'm not going to get baited this late.

57 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You’re going to pull for her, and you’re going to love it.

I didn't get winter Tharja or Valentine's Lyn or any of the flying mages, so my suffering knows no bounds in that department. Of course when the first regular flying mage appears, she's the one I can't summon, but I can summon the two red focus units, one of them being a red mage, the units I have to most trouble summoning, and an unrelated 5* unit, Faye. M!Morgan's +Spd, -Def... My first Henry was -Atk and Tharja was -Spd... Thanks, game, totally needed to be reminded that I "can" get red mages without a pity, legendary heroes banner or through GHBs. Could have happened sooner, but apparently I had to go through early game hell without any red mages, but Raigh and Sophia and they can only do so much. I swear if one of the CYL2 heroes is a red mage and isn't an armor, a cavalry mage, or a flying mage and they show up in my first full summon. Yep, still salty about red mages. Probably will be salty about them for rest of my time playing FEH.

And then there's Hector. Apparently my green luck does not apply to him. Dude's been on how many banners?

A ranged armor would be nice, but I'd rather have a ranged flier for the GHB fliers quests. Or Myrrh with her being all tanky and stuff.

Edited by Kaden

Ok first three runs done and both of my teams are big fun. 

Team 1: 

Spoiler

lZ9bqhX.png

EnWjpDv.png

XdVocfj.png

KsTkatd.png

This is my team for the 2 bonus runs of the day. Perhaps I should give also Minvera Desperation, but she'll be replaced by Gerome anyway. Valter tanks reds even at 1 health and Morgan tanks every magical (distant) damage, no matter what color. Caeda takes care of Grima.

Team 2: 

Spoiler

u8qhKpB.png

U00BMXk.png

8ROD7Eu.png

NCIO7w6.png

Olivia dances and usually keeps her HP full to deal with Grima, she'll be replaced by Felicia as soon as she caps HM. Quad-donnel is a beast, I'm considering to give him Desperation. ^^ I have to remind myself to let Morgan attack first to profit from his tomes effect. 

7 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

No bonus units....

*cries in corner*

Get Gerome with a score of 2,000 to have a 40% bonus unit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It has never been easier to have a full team of bonus units with Germone giving 40%. 

Edited by mampfoid