Tempest Trials: Invisible Ties!

Vaximillian

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Usana said:

Plus watching one auto battle for them was horrific some of the maps in this one seem to really throw off the autobattle AI. They split up WAY too often which leaves them as sitting ducks. I doubt Horses will fare any better given their habit of overextending.

Never doing auto battle for my horse emblem team again. Once it just had L'Arachel charge into the middle of an enemy group, none of which were in range. She got killed unceremoniously during enemy phase without having gotten a single attack off. Really don't know what the AI was thinking.

Auto battling with horses is generally the least optimal. They have to go clear around trees and trenches. And being forced to move the maximum of three spaces usually forfeits the benefit of going first since you won't be left just outside enemy range nearly as often when starting turn 2.

Edited by Glennstavos

52 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:
  Hide contents

The ending text for the tempest. She mentions having tried to kill her at some point which would indicate this Lucina comes from a world with female Robin (perhaps the same one) and that she has done things that she shouldn't have yet. In other words, they've really messed up their continuity.

Though, perhaps for balance's sake, the normal Lucina from the first tempest was from the same world as the male Robin.

I would argue that "Marth" was just dedicated to her "Marth" disguise, but I can't find the datamine ending

7 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

No bonus units....

*cries in corner*

You can still get Gerome. Unless you're just willing to try score 30,000 at the least.

1 hour ago, Usana said:

I think this final map is trying to make me hate this game. Grima is easy enough if you have a decent red, but his buddies keep causing issues. Or maybe that is just because I have had Miss Thani pretty much everytime in an arrangement that makes it tricky to drop her with putting my horsies/armors in grave danger.

Anyways - Main team is Horseirika/Legendary Ephraim/Can't Stop This Chrom/Frederick. So why does Miss Thani cause issues? Apparently Freddy just misses the kill with his default weapon. Haven't felt like dumping the 20k neccesary to give him Brave Axe and Reposition from Mr. Excellent Fodder, but maybe I should. Eirika also has her default assist instead of a positional, not sure if a positional would have saved anyone, but maybe.

Secondary is my standard armor team of Amelia/Winter Tharja/Elvector/Booklyn.

This last map just really feels like you need a dancer to pull people out of danger.

Or a Grima to tank the two on the right if they aren't red. Really, this map hasn't been too bad to me, at least typically not if Grima survived to the end.

Def Tactics could be interesting with my team setup. 
Thanks to Close def and Steady Breath I could push the Def of Athena to 55 now and to 57 if she is +10 with def boon.

She may not reach the heights of Hinata, but this is still solid. 

If we get more Tactic seals I could even play blade Ursula outside of Horse emblem. Which is also nice.. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

@Usana "Miss Thani", is that Micaiah? Doesn't Ephraim kill her with his guaranteed follow-up attack? 

Yeah, I can never remember the spelling of her name. I just end up mangling it. So calling her by her tome is easier.

The first bout Ephraim fell just before the final map. The second time I couldn't get his effect to kick in, though admittedly that is because when positioning to draw them down I was relying on my Honed 4*+9 Freddy to be able to one shot her with his charged special(admittedly he only has his base luna. Low invest since I mostly use him for Anti-Armor AA). I should have done the math, but I didn't consider that a physically frail blue could eat a fully horse buffed Special Freddy Hammer to the head and just laugh it off. Things just went south after that.

Might just swap Freddy out for 4*+10 +ATK Cherche. Doesn't fit the horse Emblem theme, but I doubt she'll run into issues axing the blues.

@Arthur97 I do have a Grima, but he is unleveled and unbuilt. No room for him on the primary type teams(dragon/armor). Though I get where you are coming from since every time Amelia and her Armor Buddies have had to take over she basically solos the map as long as there aren't Sanaki's running around. Guess who, along with Miss Thani, is stalking my runs so far?

1 minute ago, Usana said:

@Arthur97 I do have a Grima, but he is unleveled and unbuilt. No room for him on the primary type teams(dragon/armor). Though I get where you are coming from since every time Amelia and her Armor Buddies have had to take over she basically solos the map as long as there aren't Sanaki's running around. Guess who, along with Miss Thani, is stalking my runs so far?

Mine is running his basic build plus armor boots. I gave him fury but it's unequipped. Fury without a regenerative (or a healer which I am running) ability can be rather counter intuitive on stuff like this plus it renders armor boots null. But more than anything, yeah, it seems like you're just getting bad luck.

Woooo got Gerome immediately. Not touching him at 4*, though, so his job is to sit around, look pretty, and grunt antisocially on occasion :D

Current team is Alm, Shiro, M!Morgan and Raven. However, I'm probably gonna switch Alm out soon. I don't want to cap his HM yet and he's coming close. I think I have enough feathers so might just bump Marth up to join my other Falchion users :) That'll only leave Chrom down there, but I think Marth deserves it that little bit more.

I am running a team of Fjorm, Julia, FMorgan and Masked Marth that is running pretty nice. I normally cannot beat Lunatic 7s, and have been able to with the team. The only "non-issue" skill is Julia with drag back and MMarth with swap since I do not have a dancer this time. I don't know if that is helpful for anyone else.

I recommend not doing this TT on lunatic 7. Grima Robin is so overpowered with these inflated stats that not even Falchions one-shot him. He also has built-in DC and can double easily. :/ I don't know what IS was thinking in making him the boss. Also, the choice of maps here is pretty bad. They all cater heavily to fliers or ranged units. It's like IS wanted everyone to have female Morgan for this. Just to warn people.

I'm sticking with lunatic 5 or lower. Even if it's a bit more tedious, it's better than having to go through 3-4 teams because of one OP enemy. If it wasn't for Gerome and the fact that I want orbs though, I'd be ignoring this TT all together because it's dumb imo.

Glad masked Lucina is nowhere to be found right now. I was getting tired of her. The final map is rather cool too, save for the weird dumb purple spikes.

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I recommend not doing this TT on lunatic 7. Grima Robin is so overpowered with these inflated stats that not even Falchions one-shot him.

How does your horse Chrom fare against Grima? He should one-round him. 

Also Ruby sword units (i.e. Olivia with Ruby), Caeda and Joshua don't have problems with lunatic/7 Grima. Joshua for example and in some cases also the Ruby sword units better pick enemy phase to kill him because of Grimas vengeful Fighter skill. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Also Ruby sword units (i.e. Olivia with Ruby), Caeda and Joshua don't have problems with lunatic/7 Grima. Joshua for example and in some cases also the Ruby sword units better pick enemy phase to kill him because of Grimas vengeful Fighter skill. 

I can one shot him with MMarth pretty easily. Speed is the key there. If I have the special charged for Julia she can also one shot him. Granted she is +att.

Love this, TT.

Lunatic 7 is soooo easy. M!Morgan, Gerome (4*40), M!Robin (dad) and NY!Azura. They're murdering everyone, it's great. Inflated stats are my favorite. Sometimes loose the last round (literally with only Grima left), so just pull out Lucina to one-shot him (cause he's usually half health). Which is still A for Speed and B for Survival.  Now if I could just get F!Morgan with all these orbssss I'm getting.

13 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I don't know, I didn't get to use him there. I'd lost the first team too soon because these maps are not good for horses and the enemies were too strong. I was using two horses. Maybe Chrom should be pushed to my second team. But then, I wouldn't even want to use him because then I would just bring in Marth or Alm because I prefer them. But imo, lunatic 7 in this TT turned out to be way more difficult than previous ones in general. :/

Caeda is a bad unit imo, not to mention I don't even have her, and Joshua wouldn't be as good as Chrom or male Morgan who get inflated stats as bonus units. My Olivia is just 4 star and has no Ruby weapon. My only dedicated Ruby Sword user is Seth and he'd get slaughtered by Grima due to very low Res.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Caeda is a bad unit imo, not to mention I don't even have her

Caeda has improved greatly with the addition of the wing sword and its special refinery. It gives her effective damage against armoured units, which Grima is, and its special refinery hastens her special against slower enemies, which Grima is. She can deal out Glacies like candy.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Caeda has improved greatly with the addition of the wing sword and its special refinery. It gives her effective damage against armoured units, which Grima is, and its special refinery hastens her special against slower enemies, which Grima is. She can deal out Glacies like candy.

And how is that any different from the armorslayer she had before? It was also effective against armors, you know. And as I said, I don't have Caeda since I always fodder her off or send her home.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And how is that any different from the armorslayer she had before? It was also effective against armors, you know. And as I said, I don't have Caeda since I always fodder her off or send her home.

4 Mt, additional effectiveness against cavalry, and a superior refine. You do you, of course, but don’t disregard the new Caeda so lightly.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

4 Mt, additional effectiveness against cavalry, and a superior refine. You do you, of course, but don’t disregard the new Caeda so lightly.

Still doesn't sound that special to me when her Atk is really bad and has paper Def. But people can use who they want, so if they want to use her, I won't stop them. I just choose not to.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wing Sword has 4 more Mt compared to Armorslayer+, which becomes a total of +7.2 damage against Grima per hit (after accounting for effective damage and weapon triangle) or +14.4 damage per round of combat.

Wing Sword also has effective damage against cavalry, which can be a common enemy type for many players.

The unique refine on Wing Sword is Flashing Blade 3, which allows Caeda to very quickly charge her special skill, allowing her to activate Iceberg in a single round of combat or Glacies twice every three rounds after Desperation kicks in.

Running Iceberg and neutral Res without buffs, that's +31.4 damage on the first round of combat compared to Armorslayer+ against Grima.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Wing Sword has 4 more Mt compared to Armorslayer+, which becomes a total of +7.2 damage against Grima per hit (after accounting for effective damage and weapon triangle) or +14.4 damage per round of combat.

Wing Sword also has effective damage against cavalry, which can be a common enemy type for many players.

The unique refine on Wing Sword is Flashing Blade 3, which allows Caeda to very quickly charge her special skill, allowing her to activate Iceberg in a single round of combat or Glacies twice every three rounds after Desperation kicks in.

Running Iceberg and neutral Res without buffs, that's +31.4 damage on the first round of combat compared to Armorslayer+ against Grima.

Did you see my previous post?