Tempest Trials: Invisible Ties!

Vaximillian

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yes. I'm saying you're letting your prejudices color your decisions instead of actually thinking things through.

So I shouldn't be allowed to choose not to use Caeda? When I don't even have her, like I've repeatedly said?

And what "prejudices"? I never said I disliked her as a character or anything, though I admittedly rather don't like her. I just feel I have better red fliers I could use if I wanted.

Also, I never even asked for anyone's help in the first place. All I did was warn people that lunatic 7 is extremely difficult...

Edited by Anacybele

42 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

How does your horse Chrom fare against Grima? He should one-round him. 

He should one-shot Grima even if he (KE!Chrom) is -Atk and is just running his base kit like mine, as pictured below below as a proof of concept.

Spoiler

n8aIkE1.png

Caeda is garbage

that is all

I'd probably never use Caeda myself tbh

Also I havent done this TT yet but sheesh, my Nino would need a ridiculous amount of buffs to one round Grima

shout out to IS for making a boss that's like, not totally weak to one thing I guess lol even though falchions eat him alive

I'm running a simple budget team of FRobin, normal Chrom (-Atk, +Def), Donnel (+Atk, -Res), and Lilina (+Atk, -Def, +1 merge), some 10 runs now and I have yet to fail getting the A/A.

I must say it feels kind of cool having Robin and Chrom team up to kill Grima. Thematic!

I have a +Atk Cherche with Brave Axe+ ready to go and it feels like a shame not to use her here, but I left her out because she works well even without the boost, unlike Robin and Donnel. I might sub her in for Lilina and see how she fares without flier buffs.

9 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Caeda is garbage

that is all

Meanwhile, Oboro has so long since faded into obscurity or would’ve if she was ever relevant to begin with in FEH she may as well not even exist in the game at all. 

Caeda at least has a purpose, is what I’m basically saying.

Edited by Tybrosion

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, I never even asked for anyone's help in the first place. All I did was warn people that lunatic 7 is extremely difficult...

I only wanted to point out how people could make their lives easier while playing lunatic/7. Nobody is forced to follow those advices. 

Good luck finding a way that works for you. 

Just now, mampfoid said:

I only wanted to point out how people could make their lives easier while playing lunatic/7. Nobody is forced to follow those advices. 

Good luck finding a way that works for you. 

I already decided to just stick with lunatic 5. But okay. You could've avoided quoting me then, because doing so seemed like you were just directing it at me.

I am currently building my Caeda and I have to say she is really good with her refine.  Once I get the SP I need on B!Roy I will be using her as my red unit.  Once I finish building Caeda the last flier quests I need to finish should be a cakewalk with video guides that use her:)  I am doing lunatic 5 since I am using a 4*Donnel as my bonus unit along with Michalis, B!Roy and regular Jakob.  They are doing OK, but I normally need team two to beat Grima, which has M!Marth as the dragon killer.  I love TT as a SP grinding place and I really like the final map on this one, it is difficult enough to be interesting unlike some of the final maps in past TTs.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I already decided to just stick with lunatic 5. But okay. You could've avoided quoting me then, because doing so seemed like you were just directing it at me.

You suggested something to people. I had a different opinion and wanted to find out why that was the case and help if possible. 

Also if I addressed a topic you raised previously without addressing you, wouldn't that seem like I would talk behind your back? 

Good luck on lunatic 5 then. I think it's a good way to score as well. 

9 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Meanwhile, Oboro has so long since faded into obscurity or would’ve if she was ever relevant to begin with in FEH she may as well not even exist in the game at all. 

Caeda at least has a purpose, is what I’m basically saying.

Do you want to fight?

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You are garbage. That is all.

Hey Vax, what's your score range in arena?
Oh? 690s you say?

Spoiler

<3

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

hmmm it's sad this seems like what you'll have to do. Tybrosion pointed out that Chrom can one shot but if getting him there is an issue I am unsure what to say, as I still have yet to do this TT myself lol

otherwise I'd see what can help... perhaps later on ill say something

I accidentally deployed a weaponless horse Chrom due to using him for Zephiel SP grinding. I still won the battle though since it was my second team to be deployed.

15 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

You suggested something to people. I had a different opinion and wanted to find out why that was the case and help if possible. 

Also if I addressed a topic you raised previously without addressing you, wouldn't that seem like I would talk behind your back? 

Good luck on lunatic 5 then. I think it's a good way to score as well. 

Okay, fair.

No, not really, unless you were insulting me, which you weren't. xP

Thanks.

13 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

hmmm it's sad this seems like what you'll have to do. Tybrosion pointed out that Chrom can one shot but if getting him there is an issue I am unsure what to say, as I still have yet to do this TT myself lol

otherwise I'd see what can help... perhaps later on ill say something

I see. I still don't know if my Chrom can, but yeah, the issue is getting there, because these maps are just yuck...

19 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Do you want to fight?

Eh, I just wanted to call attention to the fact you're calling a unit bad when they aren't while liking a different unit who's way worse off comparatively.

Running my usual team but switching out SM!Eirika for BK!Chrom (for that sweet sweet 40% bonus.) I can usually get through Lunatic 6 with no problems in about 5 mins max so works well haha

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I recommend not doing this TT on lunatic 7. Grima Robin is so overpowered with these inflated stats that not even Falchions one-shot him. He also has built-in DC and can double easily. :/ I don't know what IS was thinking in making him the boss. Also, the choice of maps here is pretty bad. They all cater heavily to fliers or ranged units. It's like IS wanted everyone to have female Morgan for this. Just to warn people.

I'm sticking with lunatic 5 or lower. Even if it's a bit more tedious, it's better than having to go through 3-4 teams because of one OP enemy. If it wasn't for Gerome and the fact that I want orbs though, I'd be ignoring this TT all together because it's dumb imo.

Glad masked Lucina is nowhere to be found right now. I was getting tired of her. The final map is rather cool too, save for the weird dumb purple spikes.

My Horse Chrom is -Atk and with his Chill Def 3 and Horse buffs he can OHKO Grima on Lunatic 7. The enemies will charge at you so you don't need to stand in their range. Just wait and set up you units and then wipe them out when they come close.

With all of Grima's weaknesses he really isn't so over-powered. Falchions, Naga tomes, and Armor effective weapons including Thani and Wing Sword are all great ways to deal with him.

I know Caeda looks underwhelming because of her lowish Atk and Def but she is actually a really good unit. She has a lot of versatility aside from the usual mindset of "High Atk and Spd to ORKO every opponent!" Plus in the higher score ranges of the Arena there are a lot of dragons and her High Res is extremely helpful for fighting them.

9 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Eh, I just wanted to call attention to the fact you're calling a unit bad when they aren't while liking a different unit who's way worse off comparatively.

Dude, Arcanite jokes around a lot and I think that's what he was doing. I'm not sure if he's ever truly serious much, actually. :P

28 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

way worse off

It's funny cause Oboro is exactly 1 tier underneath Caeda right now, using that as a reference

You are joking right? I cant tell if you're being serious or not LOL in case you misunderstood me I think this post pretty much sums it up:

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm not sure if he's ever truly serious much, actually. :P

Ana knows me too well
im a robot though

26 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

My Horse Chrom is -Atk and with his Chill Def 3 and Horse buffs he can OHKO Grima on Lunatic 7. The enemies will charge at you so you don't need to stand in their range. Just wait and set up you units and then wipe them out when they come close.

With all of Grima's weaknesses he really isn't so over-powered. Falchions, Naga tomes, and Armor effective weapons including Thani and Wing Sword are all great ways to deal with him.

I know Caeda looks underwhelming because of her lowish Atk and Def but she is actually a really good unit. She has a lot of versatility aside from the usual mindset of "High Atk and Spd to ORKO every opponent!" Plus in the higher score ranges of the Arena there are a lot of dragons and her High Res is extremely helpful for fighting them.

Well, I haven't given him all of his skills yet, including Chill Def 3 (he only has Chill Def 2 I think). And yeah, I noticed the enemies will move even if you're not in their range.

I don't have Micaiah and I dislike her a lot anyway, so using her isn't an option either. I have Deirdre, but I'm also using my Frederick and later I want to use Gerome and that's too many greens right there lol. I was going to swap out Frederick for Gerome once I got him, since Chrom is too useful for taking out Grima Robin on lunatic 5 (that Grima Robin is weaker, of course), but still.

Okay, but I still choose not to use Caeda. I sometimes will use a unit simply because the stats and weapon and all are good, but I usually pick based on favorites and make them as good as they can be. And Caeda simply isn't a favorite. I like other red fliers more.

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Ana knows me too well
im a robot though

Yeah, sorry about that. lol Force of habit.

Edited by Anacybele

Caeda works well against Grima since she has high speed and Grima targets resistance, which we all know is one of Caeda's strengths. Plus that sweet effective damage and if you've spent the dew for it, Flashing Blade.
Anyways, Caeda kills this inflated version of Grima with just fury and a unrefined wing sword. I found his stats on the TT megathread in reddit. I used the battle simulator
Here is the stats for Grima on the highest difficulty

Spoiler

Qkwspw5.png

Edited by silveraura25

Lunatic 7 is easy. Especially if you have the team for it and you know what you're doing. Never need to go any lower than lunatic 7, ever.

12 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

way worse off

It's funny cause Oboro is exactly 1 tier underneath Caeda right now, using that as a reference

You are joking right? I cant tell if you're being serious or not LOL in case you misunderstood me I think this post pretty much sums it up:

Yeah sure, but GamePress gives Caeda a solid 4/5 rating while Oboro gets an average-at-best, mediocre-at-worst 2.5. What I should've said is that Oboro has less going for her (is a lance infantry, possibly the least impressive one of the bunch at that) when compared to Caeda, who is a rather rare unit type (sword flier) and now has a good weapon and even better refinement to go with it.

12 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah sure, but GamePress gives Caeda a solid 4/5 rating while Oboro gets an average-at-best, mediocre-at-worst 2.5. What I should've said is that Oboro has less going for her (is a lance infantry, possibly the least impressive one of the bunch at that) when compared to Caeda, who is a rather rare unit type (sword flier) and now has a good weapon and even better refinement to go with it.

Tierlists are debatable and Tailtiu (my sunshine and rainbow) being at the bottom of tier 3 blue mages is heresy

Edited by silveraura25