Tempest Trials: Invisible Ties!

Vaximillian

Got Donnel and female Robin to 4K HM so I changed my team. Now I'm running 5* Gerome, 5*+2 masked Marth, 5*+10 +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt, and +Atk/-Def PA Olivia. Of the following, only Reinhardt is capped in HM as he's mainly on the team to carry.

For Gerome, I gave him Reposition, Growing Wind, and Threaten Def 3. For the TT, he's also using the QR3 seal.

EDIT: reached 100K score. Capped PA Olivia's HM and have replaced her with OG Azura. Azura hit 1K HM (haven't had her for as long as I have the other dancers), Gerome hit his first 500 HM, and masked Marth hit 3.5K HM.

Edited by Roflolxp54

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reached 87k points! And I'll probably keep doing runs tonight because I can stay up late since I've got the day off tomorrow. :3 Yaaaay. LA!Lilina finally capped HM so I replaced her with Gunnthra. I tried to replace her with Gerome, but Gerome can't benefit from horse buffs, so I'm going to wait until Chrom caps HM to kind of rework a new team. Maybe go M. Morgan, Gerome, Nowi/Shigure (both really close to capping HM), and Bride Lyn since she still has a long way to go. This is shaping up to be my most productive TT yet.

I'm absolutely proud of myself! Three more characters capped HM: Helpful!Chrom, Gunnthra, and Olwen. Getting Chrom from basically 0 to 4k in a week is extremely satisfying. It also feels good using Olwen since I had kind of neglected her. She needs support, but she functions well. Gunnthra is just a fabulous unit. Mine's even -ATK, and I love her.

So now M. Morgan is my bonus unit. He still needs quite a bit of SP to be ready to shine, but he's just super cool. Love him. Nowi needs less than 300 HM to cap, so I'll run her for a bit alongside Myrrh. Myrrh really needs SP so now seems like a good time to get it. She also hasn't seen a ton of use. I think she only has 300 HM overall. Lucina only needs 15 HM, but she'll probably get that in the Arena tomorrow. I also finally upgraded my Guidance seal because I had over 500 coins lying around. Hopefully it comes in handy. 

Currently have over 116k with is rank 911 overall. I think this is the first time I've ever been in the top 1000....

10 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Rafiel's Aria Wow, your pace is really high, good job! 

Thanks! I don’t normally move this fast. For the past few TTs I’ve been using auto battle, but I’ve just been doing it manually this time around. And I haven’t tired out yet. XD I’ll give it a few days.

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Thanks! I don’t normally move this fast. For the past few TTs I’ve been using auto battle, but I’ve just been doing it manually this time around. And I haven’t tired out yet. XD I’ll give it a few days.

Right decision! Why auto, when the bonus units are plenty and cool? 

Urgh I just wasted one of my first two runs on training my newly acquired Leo on the lowest difficulty. I had forgotten that I didn't do the second run yet, and only realized when I got a "huge" 400 score after clearing it. This will take me hours to make up for. Actually no, this is a permanent loss. So much of my time dumped straight down the toilet. I am so fucking mad.

They should let you choose when to apply the extra bonus at least. Like with a little pop up before you pick the difficulty. Then something like this wouldn't have happened...

11 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Over 100k now. I only do Auto battle on lunatic 5. I don't even bother the first 2 bonus rounds. D= TT became auto battle only for me...

I use horse emblem. I'd have better results playing blindfolded than handing the AI the reins of a horse emblem team.

5 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I use horse emblem. I'd have better results playing blindfolded than handing the AI the reins of a horse emblem team.

.True, in case of horse Emblem it really is a bit difficult with the AI. I often play Units who can endure a few hits, at least my first Team does this.  

18 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

For those who haven’t come across them yet, the fallen heroes are now in the unit pool so Hardin and witch Celica are fair game to appear.

Yep, met Celica an hour and a half ago:
Screenshot_20180321-155051.png

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yep, met Celica an hour and a half ago:
<snip>

That was the same map, and also spot, where she first turned up for me too. Hardin made his first appearance on Oliver’s map (Bk II, 3-3) in the following run.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That was the same map, and also spot, where she first turned up for me too. Hardin made his first appearance on Oliver’s map (Bk II, 3-3) in the following run.

I’m not looking forward to meeting Hardin with this team.

Just now, mampfoid said:

My Felicia, Robin and Donnel are all ready for him. 

I might promote my Robin, but it’s 40k down the drain in one fell swoop :/

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Why 40k? She works fine with Keen Gronnwolf and TA. 

How to counter all the obnoxious archers otherwise? Okay, I can try with Martha, Robin, Azura, and Priscilla then, I think. RIP my feather stash for a sudden Ishtar BHB.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

How to counter all the obnoxious archers otherwise? Okay, I can try with Martha, Robin, Azura, and Priscilla then, I think. RIP my feather stash for a sudden Ishtar BHB.

I don't know what buffs she'll receive from her teammates, but with TT boosted stats she survives most archers (33 SPD = few doubles taken). If the archer didn't eat an Ignis, Martha should be able to clean up afterwards. 

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I don't know what buffs she'll receive from her teammates, but with TT boosted stats she survives most archers (33 SPD = few doubles taken). If the archer didn't eat an Ignis, Martha should be able to clean up afterwards. 

In the best case, she can receive all four buffs (Azura provides Atk and Spd, Martha gives Res and Def). Let’s see, let’s see. I’ve promoted her and gave her KGW+ which she barely had enough SP for.

45 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

In the best case, she can receive all four buffs (Azura provides Atk and Spd, Martha gives Res and Def). Let’s see, let’s see. I’ve promoted her and gave her KGW+ which she barely had enough SP for.

Sounds good. 

What I find annoying for my infantry team are some daggers (Kagero, Sothe, Jaffar). Its too dangerous to tank their attack and only Donnel can one-shot them, which means I need very often 2 units to deal with them. 

Anyways, my score is around 28000, with a Team of Cherche, F!Morgan, M!Marth, and H!Nowi. Anyways, turns out the Cherche that I had thought for the longest time was -spd was actually -def. I have been bamboozeld.