Tempest Trials: Invisible Ties!

Vaximillian

I wish I could draw my TT teams like this guy:

21 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Anyways, my score is around 28000, with a Team of Cherche, F!Morgan, M!Marth, and H!Nowi. Anyways, turns out the Cherche that I had thought for the longest time was -spd was actually -def. I have been bamboozeld.

At least she is not +SPD ... or is she? 

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

I wish I could draw, full stop.
Meanwhile, Martha, Azura, Robin, and Priscilla work very well. Robin is fast and durable enough to not get taken out by Kagero, and QR seal helps her remove stuff. People that used to stress me out before like Lukas, Sully, Oscar, Nephenee, or Abel, simply melt. So good.

38 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

People that used to stress me out before like Lukas, Sully, Oscar, Nephenee, or Abel, simply melt.

Don't forget about Roderick, Roderick, Jagen, Reinhardt, L'arachel and Roderick. My Robin also killed Seth and Stahl in these TTs (Ignis or dance required).

14 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

@mampfoid Don’t worry, she is +atk. I’ll probably swap to +atk/-spd once I pull that nature

Now that I've built a +SPD Donnel, I'm tempted to build a +SPD Cherche, just because. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Don't forget about Roderick, Roderick, Jagen, Reinhardt, L'arachel and Roderick. My Robin also killed Seth and Stahl in these TTs (Ignis or dance required).

Reinhardt, Rachel, and all other ranged were taken care of by Faye though, and she packed quite a punch against many melees too.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Reinhardt, Rachel, and all other ranged were taken care of by Faye though, and she packed quite a punch against many melees too.

Did your Faye max HM? 

Robin also laughs about Hardins DC counter btw. 

Yep, no regrets with my late decision to promote Robin here either, even with an unrefined Keen Gronnwolf and no additional skills aside from Reposition, she does plenty of work. That said, after this TT I don't see myself using her for much. Equip the TA2 I got from Selena and just use her as a Reinhardt counter I guess.

My biggest bane continues to be red mages though: with a team of Horse Chrom, Robin, Cherche (Gerome when autobattling) and a healer, I get into serious trouble against any red mage that Chrom can't kill on player phase. My failure rate is a bit higher in this TT than it's been for a long time, but not cripplingly so.

11 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Did your Faye max HM? 

Of course she did.
Screenshot_20180317-234824.jpg

I haven’t met Hardin yet, but I’m sure she’ll rip him apart.
Screenshot_20180321_222843.png
I still want to eventually give her raven+ and Bowbreaker.

Just met Hardin myself. Teetering near 70k today. Going to want to wrap this tempest up soon. My manual team is the same but my auto team is now M!Morgan/F!Morgan/F!Robin/Serra. Family times + a crazy distant cousin/aunt.

Gerome and Donnel likely won't cap HM as they've been mostly inactive since the first few days of the tempest. My new Auto team has a much higher clear success rate.

12 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Perhaps even the version without "+" would suffice. 

She does have the regular raven, but it’s the difference of 5 to 6 damage when at WTA (and why would you use raven not at WTA) between the regular and the + version.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

She does have the regular raven, but it’s the difference of 5 to 6 damage when at WTA (and why would you use raven not at WTA) between the regular and the + version.

It's even 10-12 damage if you consider the double because of bowbreaker. The question is if she needs that extra damage to kill what she must. 

To avoid expensive SI on my weaker mages, I gave them QR2 instead of a breaker to charge their damage special faster. That doesn't work for every situation though. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

I don't understand how people have time to draw their Tempest Trials team while the Tempest Trials are still going on.

Edited by Ice Dragon

At 65,494. Going decent. I can't rely on just the bonus runs yet, but I am getting there.

Also the Auto battle AI makes me cry. Someone needs to comfort me. Thank goodness Unstoppable Chrom is unstoppable, or else my auto battle team would get nowhere. Just now. On the Road to Nifl map it sent Ephraim up the far left to face off against Raven. And had Freddy led the charge straight up. Where Sanaki and a red sword who I don't recall was waiting for him. Not Pretty. Ephraim counter kills Raven but has nearly no HP left. On my phase he runs up and kills Sanaki, gales, and kills the sword, and is now sitting right infront of an enemy Cherche who was on the far right if memory serves. Not Pretty. Ephraim chunks everywhere. So now Unstoppable Chrom is all alone. And proceeds to finish this map, the next map, and the final map all on his lonesome.

Seriously though how the heck does the auto-battle ai pick targets when out of range? Ephraim bee-lined right for Raven and Freddy ran straight into red hell. If it picks based on how much damage they can do to an enemy shouldn't they have done the opposite? Or maybe Freddy could one shot Sanaki through her defense and figured it was a good idea to charge her? I am not actually sure if he would hit hard enough through TA and being red. But she does have low defense and is rather slow. . . so maybe a 4*+10 Freddy could pull it off on lunatic 5? Still not sure why Ephraim had it out for Raven though.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't understand how people have time to draw their Tempest Trials team while the Tempest Trials are still going on.

I don't. Sadly that's not the reason why I'm not drawing, but my clumsy hands. Bless touch screens. 

All-Awakening team wrecking she*t as usual.

Winter Tharja, Lucina, Cherche, and Summer Tiki have done pretty well.  Lucina is combat medic, Robinslayer, and Def Tactic buff for Tharja.  Tiki tanks with Close Defense, QR3, Slaying Axe, and Ignis proccing on every turn.  Gerome is basically a neutral Attack Cherche, so he's aight for post-bonus runs.

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

At least she is not +SPD ... or is she? 

That is a pretty good art. The faces are weird, but otherwise, very nice.

I've been running male Morgan, horse Chrom, Gerome, and Azura since I first got 5 star Gerome. I would've liked for Freddy to stay in there, but I would've had too many greens in there and Chrom is too useful for killing Grima Robin. Morgan is also useful for being ranged while everybody else here is not.

Screenshot_20180322-014451.jpg

With a 40% unit given away to everyone for free, it will be harder to rank than it should be. I just want to get into 10k, I narrowly missed the cutoff last time.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

@Vaximillian like always, a lot of people stop after getting all rewards: 

5ab2ad3404437_Screenshot_20180321-200513010101.png.11045c7ba85af5479fcbe84337d2bdf6.png

Not really. I would stop after getting all the rewards too, but be bumped down the top 40,000 or something like that. Certainly not anywhere close to top 10,000.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Not really. I would stop after getting all the rewards too, but be bumped down the top 40,000 or something like that. Certainly not anywhere close to top 10,000.

I didn't want to say it would be easy to stay in top 10k, but a lot of people stop at a score of 100k. All week I didn't move up or down much in ranks, but now that I passed 100k the progress is visible at least: 

5ab2dc3bcae02_Screenshot_20180321-2323560101.png.948ea2df093f6ff9e84175ba901eb114.png

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I didn't want to say it would be easy to stay in top 10k, but a lot of people stop at a score of 100k. All week I didn't move up or down much in ranks, but now that I passed 100k the progress is visible at least: 

5ab2dc3bcae02_Screenshot_20180321-2323560101.png.948ea2df093f6ff9e84175ba901eb114.png

Oh okay, my bad then.