Tempest Trials: Invisible Ties!

Vaximillian

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

When does this start? I'm struggling to find the date and I really want my Gerome already >.<

You’re struggling to find the date because none was given.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

You’re struggling to find the date because none was given.

Oh darn >.<. I even went back and looked at the event schedule but it isn't on there xD

Thanks for letting me know. I shall continue to wait impatiently :)

Guess I should count myself lucky I pulled Horse Chrom, and Grima for this (and Male Morgan, but at -Atk, he's a lil frustrating atm. Granted, Grima is the same, but it's GRIMA)

Well, auto-battle will likely be my best friend yet again since this time it’ll be Kirby Star Allies leeching away all time I would’ve spent manually playing this TT. Though it will fun to watch horse Chrom be a nigh-unstoppable juggernaut with the TT stat boosts on top of Sealed Falchion and horse buffs.

Call me weird, but I think it would've been nice if those spikes were pain tiles rather than just impassable.

9 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Well, auto-battle will likely be my best friend yet again since this time it’ll be Kirby Star Allies leeching away all time I would’ve spent manually playing this TT. Though it will fun to watch horse Chrom be a nigh-unstoppable juggernaut with the TT stat boosts on top of Sealed Falchion and horse buffs.

Curious, what's the highest level you've been able to AB in one round?  In the last TT I played on my old account, I managed it on the Lunatic 5-Turn level.  Nowhere near that now. lol

Edited by Selena4Lyfe

13 minutes ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

Curious, what's the highest level you've been able to AB in one round?  In the last TT I played on my old account, I managed it on the Lunatic 5-Turn level.  Nowhere near that now. lol

I do it on Lunatic 5. Granted, my first team doesn’t always make it all the way through on account of the AI being rock stupid, but I don’t sweat it. It still beats manually grinding for ages like I used to do.

On the map, looks like we have to deal with a cavalry unit, two ranged units, a flier, and Grima. At least there is no potential for a dancer on the final map.

Also, just like @Selena4Lyfe, I am also disappointed that the spikes are just roadblocks and not passable terrain that hurts you

2 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Also, just like @Selena4Lyfe, I am also disappointed that the spikes are just roadblocks and not passable terrain that hurts you

Passable terrain that hurts you is hurting the AI much, much more. You can avoid it, the AI cannot.

On 08/03/2018 at 5:44 AM, C. Turtle said:

Kinda interested in how the intro of the TT is going to go, considering the child units should recognise Lucina, so she'll have to drop her "Marth" shtick for a bit.

On 08/03/2018 at 5:50 AM, mcsilas said:

also can't wait for Gerome interaction since he was the one that gave Marth the idea of a mask

I forgot about both of these! The Gerome interaction will be especially interesting, unless we never see him in the cutscenes (like how we only saw Roy and Eliwood last time). It'd be nice to see Marth drop the persona, at least once.

As for Seals, I'm still surprised Vantage isn't a thing yet. We got Quick Riposte of all things, after all! Cancel Affinity would also make sense to synergise with the new colorless Dragon coming our way, but it'll probably take a while.

Maybe one day we'll get Distant/ Close Counter.. 

Edited by DefyingFates

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Passable terrain that hurts you is hurting the AI much, much more. You can avoid it, the AI cannot.

Enemies get immunity, some of the time at least. Enemy Surtr/Laevateinn is immune to magma damage b/c fire people, you are not. 

It'd also give them reason to invent a junk Skill that neutralizes harmful terrain.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

It'd be nice to see Marth drop the persona, at least once.

Lucina variant called Marth Unmasked who tosses masks at enemies like Daggers. Lucina could use another variant, and a Colorless one at that.

Harmful terrain could be interesting. But rather than making it damaging to pass through I would make it damaging to start your turn on. While I could be wrong, programming the AI to not sit on a tile is easier than programming then programming their path finding to avoid said tiles. Heck make the tiles impassable to non-fliers but enable you to drag or push units onto them. The reason I think that would be interesting is knockback could actually have some use. Hmm. . Another way to make knockback useful would be to have it greatly debuff the opponent if they can't be knocked back due to terrain and such. Basically the debuff is the result of them struggling to hold their ground. You see they are kinda busy trying not to fall of a cliff and suffer penalties to combat.

13 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@DefyingFates i think the mask thing is the reason why Gerome is chosen as a TT unit and brought earlier than say, Cynthia, Noire, Owain, Brady,etc. 

so i'll be really surprised if there's no mention of the mask.

I don’t know if Gerome gets any lines in the TT cutscenes but he does have a voice line about his mask though it’s mainly about his owning multiple masks.

On 3/10/2018 at 3:52 PM, Poimagic said:

On the map, looks like we have to deal with a cavalry unit, two ranged units, a flier, and Grima. At least there is no potential for a dancer on the final map.

I find this interesting, since I've noticed very other TT boss stage randomizes hero unit, rather than use generics? I think that it's a nice way to represent the Risen, if the generics are to stay in the map.

-

Def Tactic seal? Interesting. Looks like I'm giving that to my Horse-phraim.... 

22 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@DefyingFates i think the mask thing is the reason why Gerome is chosen as a TT unit and brought earlier than say, Cynthia, Noire, Owain, Brady,etc. 

so i'll be really surprised if there's no mention of the mask.

Oh, that makes a lot of sense :D If that is the case, it finally gives me a reason to stop being annoyed by Masked Lucina keeping up the stupid persona even when it makes no sense. I mean, it caused Gerome to be in the game ^.^ 

I feel pretty bad for having wasted 90 orbs on the new banner, now that it's clear we get a free 40% unit anyway. I guess I never learn. Fortunately I'll probably not pull for any new bunny units, so I'll have enough orbs for the Leif & friends banner.