Banner Idea: Awakening Spotpass Characters

Arcphoenix

This is an idea I've had to myself for a while but haven't really gotten too far into detail on, but now seems to be the best time to share it with the new banner announcement XD

I've had an idea for some time about how a few of the Awakening DLC characters could be great in the game as most have special things about them. I've largely held off due to the whole Fateswakening focus last year and negative feedback on said focus, but now it seems more plausible to me. What I have in mind is the following:

Unexpected Heroes Banner (Title not necessarily final):

• Aversa- Red Tome Flier
    • Most people wanted Aversa in the game as a non-seasonal, permanent tome flier. We do have Morgan have now, which I feel makes it more of a possibility
  • Gangrel- Sword Infantry
    • Gangrel would have the Levin Sword. I'm not sure whether or not it should be a personal weapon or not. I imagine it would target resistance (only resistance) and attack at a range of 1 but also allow Gangrel to use melee only skills such as wrath and sacred cowl and also not have to worry about tomebreakers or, ironically, Falchion. His weapon would also allow distant counter.
  • Emmeryn- Staff Infantry
    • Originally I hadn't thought of including Emmeryn until I saw a skill of Izana of Fates called Peace Bringer "Allies and enemies within a 2 tile radius receive 2 less damage" (from the Fire Emblem Wikia). I imagine this skill could be adjusted to fit with Heroes'  other skills and to better fit the meta.
    • I could have given Emmeryn a tome, but I chose not to as I felt that staves fit her personality better. I haven't decided what she should have, but I'm thinking a personal staff would make a lot of sense. Maybe something along the lines of how Fear+ or Candlelight+ work? I'm not sure yet.

GHB:

• Walhart- Axe Cavalier
    • I had the idea of Walhart being the best way to finish the weapons triangle of DC Melee GHB Calvary weapon triangle we have in Xander and Camus.
    • His personal weapon would be Wolfberg and he'd have the conqueror skill, BUT I'm thinking it should probably have a different effect than in Awakening. Haven't decided, but I'm thinking it should either involve damage reduction or damage increase against certain types of units.

Tempest Trials- Challenger from the Tempest:

• Priam- Sword Infantry
    • At the time I was thinking of this, I thought everyone getting a F2P Ike would be cool. This was before a Hero Rises was a thing and we all got V'Ike.  I still Priam could have his own uses though.
    • Priam also didn't get much screen time or backstory in his source game, and Heroes could go deeper into his story like it has for some other characters.
    • Originally, I had in mind to have Priam as a Grand Hero Battle, but at a friend's suggestion, I decided to put him in the TT. The final map can be a callback to the epic battle against him in Awakening.
    • His personal weapon would be Ragnell, but worn down like the one seen in Awakening (I kind of wish DC units had a different animation for attacking at a distance just so we could have an animation of him throwing Ragnell at enemies XD)
    • I also feel having Priam come out of the tempest himself in search for new people to contest his strength against is just fitting. Especially as it's how he was introduced in Awakening, sort of.

*Yen'fay is also in consideration for somewhere, wielding Amatsu with built in DC.

I'm planning on editing this post at a later time to include skills and stats. The latter may take more time as custom banners is something I'm just trying out for the first time. I'd like feedback and ideas as well as discussion on the viability or possibility this might happen. If you have any ideas or opinions on this hypothetical banner, just reply below. Do you see this as a potential addition to Heroes somewhere down the line?

Characters so far:
Emmeryn

Spoiler
On 3/8/2018 at 6:12 PM, Arcphoenix said:

5aa1d9eda14a0_FEHUnitBuilder-Emmeryn-Copy(2).thumb.png.1407bb4ff828d184197d68b0fcbc6c14.png

I've never done stats before, so I'd like feedback in that regard.

Skills:

Weapon Slot- Peaceful Aura (12 MT)

• I'm trying to think up an idea of the exact effects Emmeryn's staff. I'm thinking the effects of her staff should make the target and surrounding enemies "less aggressive" in some way, to fit exactly what Emmeryn was in Awakening  as a character and to the story.

Assist- Martyr+

• Emmeryn herself IS a Martyr in Awakening's story, so it just makes sense for this to be her assist skill

Special- Heavenly Light

• I may actually take this one out and leave it open for SI. Personally, I preferred how some of the partial DIY units opened the route for more strategy.

A-Slot skill- Peacebringer

• Based on Izana's personal skill from Fates, but I haven't fully decided on what it should do

B-Slot Skill: ???

• I'm unsure about what the B slot skill should be. I may leave it empty

C-Slot Skill: Attack Ploy

• Works well with her high resistance, and it also is a skill true to her character.

Gangrel

Spoiler

5aa609fbbc933_FEHUnitBuilder-Gangrel-Copy.thumb.png.04640008b13395ae3ee77bb2674717da.png

Skills:

Weapon Slot: Levin Sword (14 MT)

• Unit can counterattack at any range. Weapon targets resistance rather than defense. (There's no Lightning Breath/Felicia's plate "target the lowest of defense or resistance" mechanic).

Assist: Pivot

Special: Retribution

A-Slot Skill: Fury 3

B-Slot Skill: Seal Atk/Res 2

• After combat, inflicts Atk/Res-5 on foe through its next action.

C-Slot Skill: Savage Blow 3

Explanation:

Spoiler

Skills were hard to think of for me. I was considering giving him Distant Defense, but I figured fury fit his motivations in the story better and to just let Celica and Michiah keep it. B slot I decided to make an new sealing skill. It can be replaced with a lot of other things and still work very well depending on the build. Windweep, wrath, desperation, vantage, etc. For the C-Skill, I set it for Savage Blow as it's not a skill common in the pool and because I wasn't sure of what else to put there. Levin Sword has 14 MT and specifically targets resistance (no, no refinement to target the lowest between resistance and defense). I also was going to give him vengeance, as it fits his motivations in Awakening, but settled for retribution. Keep in mind the stats here are being modified by Fury 3. BST is 161.

Edited by Arcphoenix

Agreed. Yen'fay would work, though, and Amatsu could easily be a DC Sword too.

31 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

His personal weapon would be Ragnell, but worn down like the one seen in Awakening (I kind of wish DC units had a different animation for attacking at a distance just so we could have an animation of him throwing Ragnell at enemies XD)

Would it still just be Ragnell like Ike's, though? Considering it's worn down from who-knows-how-many-years worth of use and that it's lost the divine blessing, I feel like they ought to reflect that somehow.

58 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I don’t see Aversa or Gangrel as anything other than GHB.

I really see potential of Aversa's Mirror Spring as a GHB or some sort of special map, but I figured it would be best just to have a single GHB for the theme.

29 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Agreed. Yen'fay would work, though, and Amatsu could easily be a DC Sword too.

I actually wasn't aware Amatsu had DC. Thanks for the information. I'll have to give Yen'fay some thought.

29 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Would it still just be Ragnell like Ike's, though? Considering it's worn down from who-knows-how-many-years worth of use and that it's lost the divine blessing, I feel like they ought to reflect that somehow.

Pretty much. There'd just be a difference in design such as with the various Falchions (as they were prior to the refinery update). Awakening Ragnell's design has what looks to be scratches and cracks. Unless you mean effect and not just design?

Edited by Arcphoenix

8 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I don’t see Aversa or Gangrel as anything other than GHB.

You say this them having given us Grima and Dark Emperor Hardin as GHBs. Perhaps they should abandon the villains only rule for GHBs and let them commingle with nice heroes in the normal banners in exchange.

8 hours ago, Arcphoenix said:

I really see potential of Aversa's Mirror Spring as a GHB or some sort of special map, but I figured it would be best just to have a single GHB for the theme.

How hard could they make a Wellspring of Truth battle? The issue with cloning your team would be hyperoffensive teams as long as they can get the first strike would have no issues killing their shadow selves in likelihood. Unless they took measures to stop that.

4 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Emmeryn would have to have Gravity+ surely?

And the Martyr skill. The Gravity Staff would be renamed Impact for her, and would change its animation to wear she magically goes soaring high into the air and then body slams like a belly flop on her opponent two seconds later. 

...Now I want Olympic Diver Emmeryn. But only if a cute guy joins her in on the theme. Men with a falling problem... another Takumi (he does jump off a wall right?)?

This sounds nice, and if I could get Priam for free I would be one happy player.  I think anyone can be on a banner now since Hardin was put on one and since F!Morgan is a flying mage Aversa being in the summoning pool is not out of the question.  Walhart as another ax cav would be very welcome, and again if they make him free I would be very happy.

11 hours ago, Arcphoenix said:

I actually wasn't aware Amatsu had DC. Thanks for the information. I'll have to give Yen'fay some thought.

Pretty much. There'd just be a difference in design such as with the various Falchions (as they were prior to the refinery update). Awakening Ragnell's design has what looks to be scratches and cracks. Unless you mean effect and not just design?

Yeah, Amatsu is a Range 1-2 in Awakening, it's just you only get one and the sword is locked to Myrmidon and Swordmaster, so it's not the most memorable.

Yeah, I meant effect. I think they ought to reflect the time that's passed, I'm just not sure how - they can't really reduce its Might or players might complain, and Ragnell doesn't do anything besides DC.

4 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Yeah, I meant effect. I think they ought to reflect the time that's passed, I'm just not sure how - they can't really reduce its Might or players might complain, and Ragnell doesn't do anything besides DC.

+5 Def in all games too. And PoR gave it non-Wrath critical negation. Put a defensive skill into it.

I'm a bit annoyed with people giving Distant Counter to everything. Enemy characters, particularly those that do not move, will all have 1-2 range by design in their original games so they can defend against both melee and ranged. Plus Distant Counter is so strong in Heroes that I don't want everyone to have it.

Let's be a little more original on this.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

+5 Def in all games too. And PoR gave it non-Wrath critical negation. Put a defensive skill into it.

+5 DEF in Heroes? I'm mostly concerned that Priam's weathered damaged Ragnell will end up more powerful than Ike's full-power undamaged Ragnell and consequently tick people off(especially a particular Ike fan I don't want to watch get mad and have everyone dogpile).

1 minute ago, Vince777 said:

I'm a bit annoyed with people giving Distant Counter to everything. Enemy characters, particularly those that do not move, will all have 1-2 range by design in their original games so they can defend against both melee and ranged. Plus Distant Counter is so strong in Heroes that I don't want everyone to have it.

Let's be a little more original on this.

Ok, go ahead and give us your best idea of how Levin Sword, Amatsu, and Priam's Ragnell should function. And no, I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely curious as to what you'd do if you were in charge of adding those three weapons.

Just now, SoulWeaver said:

Ok, go ahead and give us your best idea of how Levin Sword, Amatsu, and Priam's Ragnell should function. And no, I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely curious as to what you'd do if you were in charge of adding those three weapons.

I hadn't given it a thought beyond "let's not put DC on everything", to be quite honest. Roy's Binding Blade and Zephiel's Eckesachs are examples of DC weapons in their original game that didn't carry over to Heroes. I'm also not a fan of DC weapons having an additional effect yet. 

I'm not going to provide ideas, I just think we can do something else with them, as was done with the weapons I just mentionned (despite Roy's being severly outdated).

1 minute ago, SoulWeaver said:

+5 DEF in Heroes? I'm mostly concerned that Priam's weathered damaged Ragnell will end up more powerful than Ike's full-power undamaged Ragnell and consequently tick people off(especially a particular Ike fan I don't want to watch get mad and have everyone dogpile).

Well I meant all games but Heroes of course.

Refinement for PoR Ike (Vanguard should be good for a while) and the complaint problem is solved. Albeit PoR Ike likely wouldn't get that refinement right away, otherwise why pull Priam? So we would still have complaints in the meantime.

Aren't dragons currently working to erode the hyperoffensive metagame? Perhaps IS should expand this to non-Breath units and putting a defensive skill on a DC weapon could contribute to this? Xander I've heard could potentially use a stronger Siegfried with his current stats being a little lacking from being from the very beginning of the game- albeit's he's a GHB and they can't make them that much better than pullables to encourage Orb buys.

6 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

The Amatsu has no special effects beyond 1-2 range to it. Nor does Wolf Berg (but a DC axe is much rarer), but this is where IS can step in and invent some Heroes-metagame-centric skill and tack it onto the weapon to compensate.

And since Walhart will get the Wolf Berg, I wonder who would get the Awakening exclusive Sol sword? Say'ri? Lon'qu? Gregor? Severa? Inigo?

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How hard could they make a Wellspring of Truth battle? The issue with cloning your team would be hyperoffensive teams as long as they can get the first strike would have no issues killing their shadow selves in likelihood. Unless they took measures to stop that.

Depending on what you did in Awakening, that battle was a nightmare. I imagine giving the enemies the waiting AI, doing something to the map design, or giving them all stronger weapons like in the source game could work.

Other than that, I can see the initial units being fixed as Alfonse, Sharena, and Anna for an alternative, reliable, and still getting the point across way of doing it.

As another alternative, there are reinforcements.could make the battle more difficult.

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And the Martyr skill. The Gravity Staff would be renamed Impact for her, and would change its animation to wear she magically goes soaring high into the air and then body slams like a belly flop on her opponent two seconds later. 

...Now I want Olympic Diver Emmeryn. But only if a cute guy joins her in on the theme. Men with a falling problem... another Takumi (he does jump off a wall right?)?

Rofl. Definitely giving Emmeryn Martyr+ though as it fits her well.

And yes, Takumi jumped off a wall in Conquest.

8 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Yeah, Amatsu is a Range 1-2 in Awakening, it's just you only get one and the sword is locked to Myrmidon and Swordmaster, so it's not the most memorable.

At the moment, all DC weapons just have DC. Which, I see as balanced in itself for there not to be any major change in effect because DC itself is so powerrful. Maybe if Weapon Refines get added for DC weapons at large, it could have some additional effect. TBH, I'm a bit caught on giving him DC as a A-Slot skill and giving Ragnell a special effect, but I feel it wouldn't be as true to the weapon.

Right now, I'm working out Emmeryn's details. I've never done stats before, so I'd like feedback in that regard.

Spoiler

5aa1d9eda14a0_FEHUnitBuilder-Emmeryn-Copy(2).thumb.png.1407bb4ff828d184197d68b0fcbc6c14.png

I'm trying to think up an idea of the exact effects Emmeryn's staff. I'm thinking the effects of her staff should make the target and surrounding enemies "less aggressive" in some way, to fit exactly what Emmeryn was in Awakening  as a character and to the story. I'm also unsure about B slot (I may actually take out the special as well and leave it open for SI. Personally, I preferred how some of the partial DIY units opened the route for more strategy). As for Peacebringer, it's inspired by Izana's skill from Fates, but I haven't fully decided on what it should do

Edited by Arcphoenix

18 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Emmeryn would have to have Gravity+ surely?

14 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I would add Candlelight's effect as well, since the impact shocked many Plegians to peace.

9 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Well, Levin sword should deal magic damage. That one is easy enough.

Amstsu might get a speed buff in addition to DC.

Making Priam's Ragnell stronger might upset the hordes of Ike fans...so lets do that. Perhaps to reference his breaker skills they could make it where swords, axes, and lances cannot follow up attack when he's above 50% health, but to avoid it being too busted, it doesn't guarantee a follow up on Priam's side.

I'm deciding to take this further and think up a hypothetical set of story maps to go with them as well as a name for the banner and chapter.

Emmeryn-  Will be fought in a map based on "the Forseer" (the map where the player has to defend Emmeryn against assassins). She'd be allied with a few Awakening characters already in game. eg: Gaius, Chrom, Robin, Frederick

Aversa- Will be fought either in the Wellspring of Truth, allied with Illusion Fjorm, Anna, Alfonse, and Sharena.

Walhart- Map will be based on either the open field or the castle he is fought in. He'll have some generics with him as well as Yen'Fay.

Gangrel- I'm not actually sure... His original map doesn't really have much to it nor his recruitment chapter. Aversa will appear with him here as well.

The final map would have Yen'Fay, Emmeryn, Gangrel, a story general, and some generics, I imagine. The map would probably be something original.

Priam himself would be the tempest trial boss (the final map being somewhat inspired by his battle and having some number of reinforcements), and Walhart would have his GHB based on the map not used for the story chapter or something original.

Tempest Trial title: Challenger from the Tempest

Story Chapter title: Shades of Awakening

Banner title: Unexpected Recruits? (Not too sure for this one)

Edited by Arcphoenix

This is how I imagine Gangrel would be.

Spoiler

5aa609fbbc933_FEHUnitBuilder-Gangrel-Copy.thumb.png.04640008b13395ae3ee77bb2674717da.png

Skills were hard to think of for me. I was considering giving him Distant Defense, but I figured fury fit his motivations in the story better and to just let Celica and Michiah keep it. B slot I decided to make an new sealing skill. It can be replaced with a lot of other things and still work very well depending on the build. Windweep, wrath, desperation, vantage, etc. For the C-Skill, I set it for Savage Blow as it's not a skill common in the pool and because I wasn't sure of what else to put there. Levin Sword has 14 MT and specifically targets resistance (no, no refinement to target the lowest between resistance and defense). I also was going to give him vengeance, as it fits his motivations in Awakening, but settled for retribution. Keep in mind the stats here are being modified by Fury 3. BST is 161.

Edited by Arcphoenix

On 09/03/2018 at 12:12 AM, Arcphoenix said:

Hide contents

I'm trying to think up an idea of the exact effects Emmeryn's staff. I'm thinking the effects of her staff should make the target and surrounding enemies "less aggressive" in some way, to fit exactly what Emmeryn was in Awakening  as a character and to the story. I'm also unsure about B slot (I may actually take out the special as well and leave it open for SI. Personally, I preferred how some of the partial DIY units opened the route for more strategy). As for Peacebringer, it's inspired by Izana's skill from Fates, but I haven't fully decided on what it should do

I like it!

A BST of 162 with a weapon is spot on for a healer, assuming her staff has 14 Mt. That being said, Atk being her highest stat is... not becoming of the Exalt. Also, her speed is very high for a cleric. I personally would suggest moving some points from Atk and Spd to HP and Res.

I like the idea of her having a peacebringer skill inspired by the one on Fates. However, I feel it should be a C skill, as it is basically Drive Def/Res 1. This leaves her A slot empty, but she could always have wings of mercy in her B slot to make up for it.

Martyr+ as her support skill is appropriate. I approve.

As for her weapon, I'd like to see one that actually makes a temporary peace. "Mt 14, Rng 2. After combat, foe is unable to initiate combat through their next action. The foe cannot counterattack." It would effectively be a more powerful refined fear staff. Also, the foe would still be able to move, counterattack and use their support action, so they aren't completely disabled for a whole turn. That would just be broken AF.

It is quite intriguing to see what we could do with a new healer build like this.

For my idea of Emmeryn, I...pretty much agree that her staff should make others less aggressive. I think its effect should have a Threaten Atk 2 with a +1 Range modifier, and be exclusive like Archphoenix's idea. And Martyr+ would fit her as well, because her personality itself screamed martyr-ism in Awakening.  I'd probably go with a new Special though...I'm a fan of the idea of bringing hybrid Balms into the game, and I think a Def/Res Balm would go very well with her supportive nature.

I think Izana's Peacebringer would fit wonderfully, though it could fit as a tiered skill as well...not sure whether it should go up to 3 or 5 though, and if Izana himself comes into FEH I wouldn't know what to do XD.

For her last skill, something like Gunnthra's Chilling Seal as a B skill would be something better than a simply Ploy in her C. I think that while Chill skills will be pretty much a "for everyone" skill, Chilling skills will be something that will only be given to known pacifist characters...and Emmeryn is probably the epitome of that in the Fire Emblem series. Plus, she would already have Threaten Atk 2 at 3 range (at least in my idea) for her staff, so the point of Atk Ploy would be mostly moot. I'm not sure what debuffs should happen for the Chilling skill, as well as what stat it should be based on, but it's a thought.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

5 hours ago, The_antithesis said:

I like it!

A BST of 162 with a weapon is spot on for a healer, assuming her staff has 14 Mt. That being said, Atk being her highest stat is... not becoming of the Exalt. Also, her speed is very high for a cleric. I personally would suggest moving some points from Atk and Spd to HP and Res.

I like the idea of her having a peacebringer skill inspired by the one on Fates. However, I feel it should be a C skill, as it is basically Drive Def/Res 1. This leaves her A slot empty, but she could always have wings of mercy in her B slot to make up for it.

Martyr+ as her support skill is appropriate. I approve.

As for her weapon, I'd like to see one that actually makes a temporary peace. "Mt 14, Rng 2. After combat, foe is unable to initiate combat through their next action. The foe cannot counterattack." It would effectively be a more powerful refined fear staff. Also, the foe would still be able to move, counterattack and use their support action, so they aren't completely disabled for a whole turn. That would just be broken AF.

It is quite intriguing to see what we could do with a new healer build like this.

Fair point. Mainly the attack stat is for healing purposes, which is why Wrathful isn't in her set. Granted, it could be refined for it probably. I suppose giving her a skill that calculates healing based on her resistance or a skill that increases the amount of health could patch the lesser attack. (I'm considering giving her Heal Touch and making it inheritable for other staff users. In Awakening it gave an extra 5 HP when healing). Also, that staff kind of scares me. XD I have in mind a situation of being reduced to one melee-non DC character and being hit by the staff repeatedly 

Peacebringer does make more sense in the C slot. Though I might give it a different effect. Drive Def/Res is drive def/res. I'm having thoughts of slowing or halting offense special cooldown in a range or decreasing all combat damage in a certain range of Emmeryn. I haven't fully decided.

3 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

For my idea of Emmeryn, I...pretty much agree that her staff should make others less aggressive. I think its effect should have a Threaten Atk 2 with a +1 Range modifier, and be exclusive like Archphoenix's idea. And Martyr+ would fit her as well, because her personality itself screamed martyr-ism in Awakening.  I'd probably go with a new Special though...I'm a fan of the idea of bringing hybrid Balms into the game, and I think a Def/Res Balm would go very well with her supportive nature.

I think Izana's Peacebringer would fit wonderfully, though it could fit as a tiered skill as well...not sure whether it should go up to 3 or 5 though, and if Izana himself comes into FEH I wouldn't know what to do XD.

For her last skill, something like Gunnthra's Chilling Seal as a B skill would be something better than a simply Ploy in her C. I think that while Chill skills will be pretty much a "for everyone" skill, Chilling skills will be something that will only be given to known pacifist characters...and Emmeryn is probably the epitome of that in the Fire Emblem series. Plus, she would already have Threaten Atk 2 at 3 range (at least in my idea) for her staff, so the point of Atk Ploy would be mostly moot. I'm not sure what debuffs should happen for the Chilling skill, as well as what stat it should be based on, but it's a thought.

A split balm? I like it. Chilling is also a great idea. I'll have to consider between it and healtouch. That staff ability is definitely a possibility. I may move the ploy skill into the staff, like Arvis's Valflame, if it overlaps much with peacebringer

I'll make some edits to her later. 

Also, I'm throwing around ideas for Aversa. I'm debating giving her an inheritable weapon or a personal weapon, and which if either. So far I'm considering:

• Waste- A Dark Magic tome which essentially would act like Dire Thunder. Likely uninheritable.
  • Goetia- Had the highest tome might in Awakening and was carried by and dropped Aversa in Awakening. I'm thinking high might and maybe another effect?
  • Aversa's Night- A legendary version of Nosferatu+ (A new skill).
  • Fenrir+ - A silver Red tome. Also carried by Sophia.
  • Raourserpent+ -A red version of F'Morgan's tome.
  • Nosferatu+- Inheritable. Would have some nerfs for balance's sake. Maybe lower healing(10%-15% of damage dealt), an inability to stack with Sol if it triggers, inability to be refined (like Blade tomes), lowered might, or have lower cooldown. I'm unsure.

I'm also thinking about whether or not to use her shadow gift skill, and how it could be used

Edited by Arcphoenix