Rival Domains Discussion

17 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Yep, playing on IOS. And seriously, they delayed the update? Seriously?

Yep. It seems to be on Apple's part though. They're trying to resolve it as we speak so it should hopefully go up soon.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, VeryAngryBisharp said:

Soooo.. How do the Tactics skills work in this game mode?

Exactly the same as what it described, except instead of checking units of the current brigade, it checks the allies currently deployed on the battlefield.

So in order to fully utilize tactic skills, the starting team needs to have exactly 2 of every movement type just for the buff to work on everyone. If a unit dies, its replacement has to have the same movemeny type as the previous unit's or their whole class dont get the buff nomatter how close they are to the buffer. Kinda troublesome but that's what they are

Edited by Tyxant

I tried to use units from my Friends List to solve infernal and startet with highly merged dragons to take the defense tiles in the middle. Units from the left fortress can beam in to Reposition units near the camp upwards to have at least 2 units on defensive terrain on turn 1. After taking the enemy camp it was enough to defend that, Elise with Gravity+ was a great help here. 

7 hours ago, Tyxant said:

adore this game mode, though there is something that bothers me with it... I felt alot in this game mode was supposed to be PvP rather than PvE cuz

1. The map is symmetrical af.

2.The rules for both teams are of the same.

3. A turn limit... and a pretty small one at that, I didn't like the idea of a strict limit when they could also judge the plauers score based on capture speed and units survived unless it's a PvP mode which is acceptable for me.

I dunno bout you guys, but if IS introduced this as a PvP game mode i wouldn't have any objections or problems with it. I hope it does turn into a PvP game mode though.

Maybe IS got cold feet after getting the results for the survey and they are just testing out the mode as is for now. If players like it then they may actually make it PvP.

This mode is exactly what I've been wanting for a long time. I'm too excited playing this mode.

It's a good start, I especially like the bigger maps. However, I really hope we get asymmetrical maps instead of the symmetrical ones. I also REALLY hope we get the bigger maps in story mode, it would be sooo cool.

Cool!

Just wish it allowed even more than 20 units considering that despite being f2p, I still have as much as a choice between 91 5*units.

I wouldn't have minded reinforcements until you run out of units. :D

(also, damn, still can't update the thing)

Edited by Vince777

1 hour ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

The great thing about this mode is that I can now do themed teams like this Fates Brigade here.

Screenshot_20180308-065418.png

Too bad I don't have enough Awakening 5 stars to do it. Well, maybe if I included more than one version of a character such as three Chroms.

The main problem I have with this is my units seem to trip over each other.

This is a lot of fun. I haven't played Infernal yet, but I've done the other three, and managed to get a perfect score on Lunatic.

Takes some getting used to, but the rewards do a good job of incentivizing interesting gameplay. The rewards for infantry are particularly significant, since there hasn't been much in the way of incentives for building up a bunch of high-power infantry in the past. My only complaint for now is that in the brigade editor, you go from the 8 starting units to the 12 reinforcements right in the middle of a line, with nothing to visually call your attention to where the change happens. Not a big deal, but it seems like the sort of thing they like to clean up every now and then.

I guess we'll probably get a full new set of four maps when this set ends? It's nice to be able to keep getting them that frequently. Although I do have to say, it feels a bit more like an event or something than something I'd expect to go in "special maps". Maybe they'll have more alternate-rules special maps like this in the future?

Finally the friends list is good for something (I need to put my Eirika at her best in order to help everyone). I found that having Flier Emblem on the left side made it quite easy because movement overlapping is less likely to happen if you have complete freedom over the field. Infernal is tough to do deathless due to how much everyone teleports around but I was able to clear every difficulty with a good score (above what it was needed). 

I'll try some runs using only friend units instead of cheesing it with my own, it'll be fun!

Love this mode, my only complaint is that there's only 1 map so far. I also kinda wish the scores weren't just for show, but if you got some goodies, even just for beating the target score.

Managed to clear Infernal without capturing the second fortress, by getting S rank in everything else. Seems pretty lenient. 

Do we know exactly how the scoring works?

Now that my IOS updated, I got to try the mode and it is pretty interesting. Having to think about reinforcement order and such is something new, and the teleporting tiles will take some time getting used to.

That said, I'm going to be the guy and say I wish they hadn't made the map that big. My screen's pretty small so doing stuff is pretty hard when my fingers are twice or thrice as big as a single tile.

Also, my first clear was with only friends's units. Off the top of my head this included @Rezzy's Titania @LordFrigid's Caeda, @Vaximillian's Sharena, @Birdy's Micaiah, @JSND Alter Dragon Boner's Hardin, @GinRei's Lyn, @eclipse's Leon, @NSSKG151's Cherche @VincentASM's Cordelia, @Frenzify's Beruka and @Water Mage's Leo . Good job brigade!

I think @Sunwoo might have been there too, but I'm not sure if you still go by Kiran and if you do, which Kiran you are. Or if we're still even friends, actually.

Apologies to anyone on my friend list whose username I can't connect with a username.

This mode is really cool and I hope we see more of this type of thing. Bigger maps, more units, and free use of friends' units? Just great all around. Only lacking thing is we could use more maps and maybe less symmetrical at that. Well, the rewards could also stand to be better, but that doesn't impact the fun of the mode itself. (1 orb, 500 feathers, etc. is pretty weak)

If anyone wants more allied units feel free to add me. I've put up my +5 Cordelia with Guidance seal right now, and I have a +8 DC Camilla I can put as well, as far as higher-merged units go.

6 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

This mode is really cool and I hope we see more of this type of thing. Bigger maps, more units, and free use of friends' units? Just great all around. Only lacking thing is we could use more maps and maybe less symmetrical at that. Well, the rewards could also stand to be better, but that doesn't impact the fun of the mode itself. (1 orb, 500 feathers, etc. is pretty weak)

If anyone wants more allied units feel free to add me. I've put up my +5 Cordelia with Guidance seal right now, and I have a +8 DC Camilla I can put as well, as far as higher-merged units go.

Well, it doesn't cost stamina either and divine dew is pretty rare.

1 hour ago, Sylphid said:

I think @Sunwoo might have been there too, but I'm not sure if you still go by Kiran and if you do, which Kiran you are. Or if we're still even friends, actually.

Apologies to anyone on my friend list whose username I can't connect with a username.

I think I still have you on my list, you're Sylph, right? My username on Heroes is now Sun.

I essentially beat Infernal mode with a whole army of infantry units. My own dragons and the dragons of a few friends also helped out a lot. Nukes such as Bridelia and Nino are also MVPs. Units that can heal themselves with Sol, etc. are also great. Repositioning skills on your bulkier units are also welcome just to get your nukes out of danger.

Taking the first post, not losing it, and damaging the main fort just once was more than enough to get the required points. Don't be afraid of losing units, particularly after you've taken the first post - since fresh units can teleport straight to it.

Edited by Raven

I like the mode and being able to use friends units.  It would be nice to have a big map minus the reinforcements.  As it is, I sort of just bum rush the end fort, since I don't know what is coming next turn.

I also really hope they up the Friend Limit, now that there's a better reason to keep people listed.

I like the base concept of this mode, but at the moment it is... more of chaos and a mess then anything else!? I hope future maps and updates make more interesting maps then a chaos like this and involve more tactic then just flooding everything with units. The best concept is useing your friends units

Would like some GHB where your brigade is restricted to 8 units and 4 of them have to be from your friend list :D

This new mode is great! I'm glad they finally implemented a mode where we can borrow allies from our friends at will, that was something that was sorely needed before. Now, we can properly showcase some of our allies for others to use! I'm hoping they add more maps sometime soon.

16 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

U3kAqu8.png

@Rezzy, @Astellius, @Arcanite, @GuiltyLove, @Vaximillian, @Ice Dragon, we march! Though, Hardin and Sharena are more suited to guard duty than the vanguard.

Since there was a bonus for using infantry, I used @Infinite Dreams's Corrin, @SatsumaFSoysoy's Celica, @Rafiel's Aria's Raven, @lilacshadows's Nowi, and @ruruo's Jeorge. Lot's of fun! Hopefully my Tiki is being useful to my friends.

11 hours ago, Dayni said:

Is there a reason to get S rank for all the maps?

I am currently trying to get Infernal and it is wearing at me.

No, other than to satisfy one's perfectionism. I got perfect in everything, and they didn't give anything for it.

10 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Your Lukas already likes this mode as he helped me with hard and lunatic so far. 

Since the maps are bigger they seem to take advantage of screens with high resolutions. It looks good on my phone with 1080 x 1920 pixels, but how does it look on screens with lower res? Do you have to scroll? 

in my experience, you don't have to scroll the screen, the entire battlefield is there in all it glory.  Granted, I'm using a sub HD - Sub $100 tablet; I don't know how it performs on my sub-$100 phone; thing has too little storage for the game and anything else (Who the hell still makes phones with only 4GB of usable storage space?!)