Rival Domains Discussion

30 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Hopefully my Tiki is being useful to my friends.

She definitely is. I would say she's been the top MVP on Lunatic and Infernal for being able to run straight into enemy lines and kill everything.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this mode a lot. The need to gain territory and then hold/advance position makes it unlike any other gameplay in Heroes.

3 hours ago, Raven said:

Repositioning skills on your bulkier units are also welcome just to get your nukes out of danger.

Repositioning skills are great in general, to propel yourself forward in the early turns. In particular, two infantry units with Draw Back can work together to move four spaces a turn each.

11 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Your Lukas already likes this mode as he helped me with hard and lunatic so far. 

Since the maps are bigger they seem to take advantage of screens with high resolutions. It looks good on my phone with 1080 x 1920 pixels, but how does it look on screens with lower res? Do you have to scroll? 

Glad my Lukas was of help:
I'll place my +10 Azama, Pain shenanigans and most bulky healer evar if you want!

4 hours ago, Sylphid said:

Now that my IOS updated, I got to try the mode and it is pretty interesting. Having to think about reinforcement order and such is something new, and the teleporting tiles will take some time getting used to.

That said, I'm going to be the guy and say I wish they hadn't made the map that big. My screen's pretty small so doing stuff is pretty hard when my fingers are twice or thrice as big as a single tile.

Also, my first clear was with only friends's units. Off the top of my head this included @Rezzy's Titania @LordFrigid's Caeda, @Vaximillian's Sharena, @Birdy's Micaiah, @JSND Alter Dragon Boner's Hardin, @GinRei's Lyn, @eclipse's Leon, @NSSKG151's Cherche @VincentASM's Cordelia, @Frenzify's Beruka and @Water Mage's Leo . Good job brigade!

I think @Sunwoo might have been there too, but I'm not sure if you still go by Kiran and if you do, which Kiran you are. Or if we're still even friends, actually.

Apologies to anyone on my friend list whose username I can't connect with a username.

I hope my Titania's been useful.

I'll try to keep her as my lead unit, since she's the one I've put the most investment into, and would probably be the most useful to people.

I really want a Friend Limit increase, now more than ever.  It's been fun playing with everybody's units.

Am I the only one who really doesn’t like this mode? I feel on the harder modes it’s particularly overbearing and exhausting.

I borrowed @Vaximillian's Sharena (since she refuses to show for me in VGs), @Infinite Dreams's Corrin, @Rafiel's Aria's Raven, @Astellius's Tiki, @AbsoluteZer0Nova's Ephraim, @Ciarre's Soren, and the Nino & Fae of a couple randos for my army.

I might try to see how fun Goad Flier stacking is next...I easily have enough Goad users in my own barracks for the job. I'm actually not sure how many people are running Flier leads on my Friends List, though...

Spoiler

25HiHI3.jpg

If anyone with me on their list wants to try a different Caeda build or a different unit, feel free to ask; I've got a good-size selection.

Edited by LordFrigid

3 hours ago, Hilda said:

I like the base concept of this mode, but at the moment it is... more of chaos and a mess then anything else!? I hope future maps and updates make more interesting maps then a chaos like this and involve more tactic then just flooding everything with units. The best concept is useing your friends units

Would like some GHB where your brigade is restricted to 8 units and 4 of them have to be from your friend list :D

1 hour ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Am I the only one who really doesn’t like this mode? I feel on the harder modes it’s particularly overbearing and exhausting.

Kinda in agreement with both of these. The mode idea is really cool, and I was hyped for it, but in execution it seems like kind of a mess. The story maps feel like they involve a hell of a lot more strategy than this.

Hoping they'll make maps that are more akin to proper FE maps with a goal and units placed tactically rather than just flinging hordes of enemies at you. Getting to use your friends' units is quite cool though.

finally have a reason to use all my 5*

Cavalry kill on this particular map, and DC units as well (V! Ike on the defense tile literally solos brigades)

There is some interesting strategy to be had with placement of units and ordering.
I've found some nice success with how many of my units have reposition (mainly cavalry and flying units) and being able to ferry slower units into battle (armored). Cavalry literally are made for this mode, their mobility outshines most problems they otherwise would have and as reinforcements they are particularly stellar

Edited by Tsak

Managed to clear Infernal after a few tries. Had to take the enemy camp and frontload a lot of 5* infantry units, especially those running DC sets.

Hope my +3 sword Lyn helped somebody; if not, I can swap her out for somebody else.

4 hours ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

in my experience, you don't have to scroll the screen, the entire battlefield is there in all it glory.  Granted, I'm using a sub HD - Sub $100 tablet; I don't know how it performs on my sub-$100 phone; thing has too little storage for the game and anything else (Who the hell still makes phones with only 4GB of usable storage space?!)

Thanks, I just got curious how the implementation works. Perhaps it's also a field test for bigger story maps. 

4 hours ago, Hilda said:

Glad my Lukas was of help:
I'll place my +10 Azama, Pain shenanigans and most bulky healer evar if you want!

Even if I solved everything already, I'd try Azama to deal pain to everyone. Could be fun in combination with Elise and two Repositions. 

Like you and others mentioned, I hope they will do something to make this mode less chaotic. If you kill many units in one turn (it's part of the score), then the enemy gets so many fresh units at once. I like Heroes in comparison to the main series, because every turn counts. It has been less chaotic so far and you didn't need to drag X units around. 

Looking at my friend list while creating some extra teams for this mode I noticed that the most common units my friends have are: Sigurd x4, Lilina x3, Myrrh x3. The first two are at +10 while the Myrrhs are at +5, +3 and +2 respectively but they all have the same DC set.

How curious that these units are repeated so much.

Spoiler

qjQP1d9.png

If only the game would allow me to bring two Felicias, the opportunity to use your friends is great. Most of my friends here have high merges or +10, I'm thankful they kept me on their list for so long.

mfw no one borrows my units because I don't have merges 

Still, being able to try out units you don't have without having to rely on the VG randomiser is nice

But seriously though, is there anything I might have that others would want?

21 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

I would guess recent units, seasonals or high-tier units with good SI would be most likely to be picked.

My "main" unit is Micaiah, but I have no idea if people find her useful.

7 hours ago, Astellius said:

No, other than to satisfy one's perfectionism. I got perfect in everything, and they didn't give anything for it.

Infernal ended up being a bit much for me in the end.

I passed, though not without frustration. Flier Emblem to the rescue.

10 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I think I still have you on my list, you're Sylph, right? My username on Heroes is now Sun.

Ah, I should have recognized the Alphonse! And that all the Kirans had units I think you wouldn't have as a lead.

(Yeah that's me)

6 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I hope my Titania's been useful.

I'll try to keep her as my lead unit, since she's the one I've put the most investment into, and would probably be the most useful to people.

I really want a Friend Limit increase, now more than ever.  It's been fun playing with everybody's units.

She absolutely has been! My only Res heavy Distant Counter unit is Fjorm so having another one is great.

I do hope my Tiki is useful to someone as well.

This mode is pretty fun. It's great using other people's units, especially the ones people put love into!

I wonder what representative I should have for people who want to use my units? I guess dancers aren't that in demand?

For fully built people I have:

Main- Bridelia, Siegbert, Tharja, Linde, Xander, Reinhardt, Brave Lyn, Vector, BK, Firesweep Cordelia, Cherche, Frederick, Nino and Halloween Henry.

Second- Ryoma, BK, Xander, Adult Tiki, Nowi, Shiro, Hinoka, Robin M, Delthea, LA Lyn, Brave Lyn, Reinhardt, Raven, B!Ike, Amelia, Winter Lissa, Frederick, Cherche, Nino, Klein

7 hours ago, Astellius said:

Since there was a bonus for using infantry, I used @Infinite Dreams's Corrin, @SatsumaFSoysoy's Celica, @Rafiel's Aria's Raven, @lilacshadows's Nowi, and @ruruo's Jeorge. Lot's of fun! Hopefully my Tiki is being useful to my friends.

5 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

I borrowed @Vaximillian's Sharena (since she refuses to show for me in VGs), @Infinite Dreams's Corrin, @Rafiel's Aria's Raven, @Astellius's Tiki, @AbsoluteZer0Nova's Ephraim, @Ciarre's Soren, and the Nino & Fae of a couple randos for my army.

Aww, that makes me happy!  Thanks for picking my Corrin, guys.  :]

Tiki and Caeda have been great.  :wub:

Hmm. . . I have my Amelia +9 up(DC/Aether build). Given the way it plays I suppose she isn't being too useful. Zeo's Matthew is a lot of fun to play with. I am kinda at a loss of who to put up. Amelia is definitely my highest merged 5* and in general is a unit who can perform. Infantry wise I just don't think I have much of value. Well my +ATK/-HP Eirika 4*+10 is fully kitted out with the special Sieglinde, so I suppose she is an option.

10 hours ago, Korath88 said:

mfw no one borrows my units because I don't have merges 

Still, being able to try out units you don't have without having to rely on the VG randomiser is nice

Considering this map set heavily favours Distant Counter infantry, if you can provide that, I think people would take that as a +0 over a +10 that's less versatile.

20 hours ago, Sylphid said:

Now that my IOS updated, I got to try the mode and it is pretty interesting. Having to think about reinforcement order and such is something new, and the teleporting tiles will take some time getting used to.

That said, I'm going to be the guy and say I wish they hadn't made the map that big. My screen's pretty small so doing stuff is pretty hard when my fingers are twice or thrice as big as a single tile.

Also, my first clear was with only friends's units. Off the top of my head this included @Rezzy's Titania @LordFrigid's Caeda, @Vaximillian's Sharena, @Birdy's Micaiah, @JSND Alter Dragon Boner's Hardin, @GinRei's Lyn, @eclipse's Leon, @NSSKG151's Cherche @VincentASM's Cordelia, @Frenzify's Beruka and @Water Mage's Leo . Good job brigade!

I think @Sunwoo might have been there too, but I'm not sure if you still go by Kiran and if you do, which Kiran you are. Or if we're still even friends, actually.

Apologies to anyone on my friend list whose username I can't connect with a username.

What’s your username name and lead unit in Heroes? I’ve been clearing my friend list, and I’m worried that I may have deleted you.

18 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

What’s your username name and lead unit in Heroes? I’ve been clearing my friend list, and I’m worried that I may have deleted you.

Sylph with an adult Tiki. Unless I'm mistaking you for someone else (you're Luiz right), you're still on my list.

14 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

Sylph with an adult Tiki. Unless I'm mistaking you for someone else (you're Luiz right), you're still on my list.

Yup, you’re still there! 

I’m updating my Leo with a Distant Def seal to go with Brynhildr’s new effect, and I was decid to check which units in friend list he would go well with.