Rival Domains Discussion

39 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Yup, you’re still there! 

I’m updating my Leo with a Distant Def seal to go with Brynhildr’s new effect, and I was decid to check which units in friend list he would go well with.

That sounds like a fun build! They're both red so my Tiki probably isn't the best match, but hopefully she'll serve you well. At least she's got Infantry Pulse if you need infantry support.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

That sounds like a fun build! They're both red so my Tiki probably isn't the best match, but hopefully she'll serve you well. At least she's got Infantry Pulse if you need infantry support.

Yeah, combining Brynhildr’s new effect, Distant Defense and Quick Riposte makes Leo a great mage bait and ranged unit bait. Although Fury does hurt his survivability a bit.

Your Tiki is pretty damn good with her tankiness.

Edited by Water Mage

The most common units my friends are lending seem to be A!Tiki (which makes me a little hesitant to consider lending my Y!Tiki), L!Ike (well, he is free) and Reinhardt (who else did you expect).  Steady breath dragons are pretty broken here and would likely stomp the entire mode if it wasn't for Falchions and Naga.

Currently I'm going with LA!Hector due to having DC and being a recent seasonal from a shared focus banner. Though if anyone on my list wants something different, the album's right here, just ask. https://m.imgur.com/a/RYuHm

and a few more for good measure

https://m.imgur.com/a/5fcHI

Actually now that I think about it, going with Y!Tiki here may actually be a better idea due to the duplicate clause, and lets people run 2 red dragons. Hmm...

Edited by Korath88

It's evident that I still don't have many friends to choose from for this mode. (only 20)

But otherwise, I gotta hand it to @GuiltyLove @Tybrosion, @Arcanite@Lau for coming clutch. I couldn't have done infernal without y'all

Edited by Motendra

Not 100% sure what you guys would want the most right now I have a Divine Dew +1 Eirkia (+Res -Def) up as it a newer refinement people may want to try... anyways here are some options if you want to switched too I can, note Grima and Myrrh are found with there other movement classes rather then with the rest of the dragons. I also have way more units then this (especially with horses) but these are the one I though people would want the most. I will rotate units every so often anyways though...

Infantry Album

Flyer Album

Armor & Horse Album

3 hours ago, Motendra said:

It's evident that I still don't have many friends to choose from for this mode. (only 20)

But otherwise, I gotta hand it to @GuiltyLove @Tybrosion, @Arcanite@Lau for coming clutch. I couldn't have done infernal without y'all

No problem ~ Happy that Nino destroyed for you hee hee 

Olivia is next up on the merge list

I gotta say this mode wasn't that hard to do for me, I do have 10 whales on my list so LOL

4 hours ago, Motendra said:

Anytime my friend.

I have mixed feelings about this mode, like, it's a good concept, but...idk. There's something off about it. I guess it'll grow on me the more I play it.

5 hours ago, Arcanite said:

I gotta say this mode wasn't that hard to do for me, I do have 10 whales on my list so LOL

WOOOOOOOOW

4 hours ago, Lau said:

Anytime my friend.

I have mixed feelings about this mode, like, it's a good concept, but...idk. There's something off about it. I guess it'll grow on me the more I play it.

I consider it to be a prototype of sorts for something greater. Being able to use friend units at will, along with fielding so many at once is really the only thing it has going for it. When actually done in practice (at least on higher difficulties) it becomes a little frustrating, what with the limited time and the middle of the map being pure chaos

If you guys want nukes, my ID is 1845748788. If you add me, please notify me via tag or message so I remember to not accidentally delete you when I cycle through my Friend List.

I got BB!Cordelia, BB!Lyn, BH!Lyn, and Reinhardt fully built at +10. I also got NS!Corrin +10 (Blárblade), but she is just shy of completion with Swift Strike instead of Swift Sparrow. BB!Lyn is not a nuke, but she is +10 and got Candlelight [Wrathful Staff], and I could put Savage Blow on her. I currently have BH!Lyn out.

Other stuff I have are less than stellar though.

For 5*+5-8, I got BB!Caeda +8 (not fully built), Olwen +7, Leo +6 (Rauðrblade), Delthea +6, Celica +5, and Kagero +5.

I also got Eirika +6 as my second highest 5* merged melee unit. I got Azura +7, but I assume most players are going to bring their own Dancer/Singers.

For 4*+10, the only ones worth mentioning are Nino and Cecilia (Gronnblade) unless you guys want Raven mages or something.

The only Distant Counter Enemy Phase units I have with decent merges are Effie +4 and Sheena +5.

The way I see it, I didn't raise 90+ f2p 5* units for me to be using other people's.

Very little of them are maxed out in SI and my largest merge is +2 Masked Marth but it thankfully remains possible to get the right score on infernal without borrowing a whale's units. Took me a few attempts until I realized I did not need to entirely destroy the enemy fortress to get the score, just merely damage it. 

@Astellius Glad you had fun with Jeorge. I won't lie, I've left him as lead to show off the refined Parthia haha.

I've really enjoyed using your Tiki and @Infinite Dreams's F!Corrin since I haven't built any of the infantry dragons (excluding Ninian), so it's been great to be able to finally play with them. Other units from here that had been have been really fun were @Arcanite's Nino, @Alexmender's Erika, and @MonkeyCheez3K's (you're Will in game right?) Olivia . It's just so good to finally use units from the Friends List without relying on the randomness of the Voting Gauntlets.  

The larger map is so good, it makes me wish I had a larger phone screen.

13 minutes ago, ruruo said:

@Astellius Glad you had fun with Jeorge. I won't lie, I've left him as lead to show off the refined Parthia haha.

I've really enjoyed using your Tiki and @Infinite Dreams's F!Corrin since I haven't built any of the infantry dragons (excluding Ninian), so it's been great to be able to finally play with them. Other units from here that had been have been really fun were @Arcanite's Nino, @Alexmender's Erika, and @MonkeyCheez3K's (you're Will in game right?) Olivia . It's just so good to finally use units from the Friends List without relying on the randomness of the Voting Gauntlets.  

Indeed I am, I changed it not too long ago to MonkeyCheez when adding people to clarify who is asking to be added, but otherwise I'm just plain Will. Didn't think a dancer would be particularly interesting for people, considering one can only take one of them into battle, but I'm glad she is fun to use. :-)

May as well post this here. So I tried Hard mode Rival Domains (level 35 enemies) on my 2* only run. While I survived, I had not even 3/4 of the score needed to get the reward. However, this actually felt like a real defense chapter, more so than any other defense chapter in the whole game so far. I really hope we will see something similar for Infernal in the future, as the current one was rather disappointing in that regard.

Here is the video, this was my first try and it's commentated. 

The map starts at 2:08.

4 hours ago, ruruo said:

Glad to hear my Eirika has been fun to use! I plan on making her a full Enemy Phase unit for mixed teams with Quick Riposte and Tactics skills, I hope she'll be able to do good amounts of work for everyone when she's finished.

I've used your Jeorge at least 3 times and he's pretty cool, he's a mage/dagger killer and is also able to tank them, I should work on mine one of these days.

Shout out to @Vaximillian's Sharena. She really surprised me, her stats are quite decieving aren't they? She's pretty bulky on the physical side and thanks to Steady Breath she's able to bomb people with Ignis in one round! Very very nice.

No one's discussing this week's map, huh? I found it a bit hard to take the enemy base with armors, even with the +10 Steady Breath Bold Fighter Zelgius BS I have on my friendlist... I only managed to get both forts and hold position on Infernal.

@SatsumaFSoysoy It got brought up in the general discussion and links thread. People did mention it being rougher than last week. Or at least that was my general impression. I managed infernal first try even though it seemed like there were an awful lot of armor slayer type weapons/units running about on the enemy side. When it is flier week will there be dozens of archers running your way?

I think having to split your forces between the left and right makes it a little tougher compared to the single chokepoint on the first one. If you're not careful, the enemy will easily take your outposts as well, so having to dedicate a few armours to sit on the forts reduces your offensive force.

I didn't bother with offense on the harder difficulties, and just focused on getting the outposts and armor bonus.

I played it with just my lolis for the first runs, totally ignoring the armor bonus, and got the needed score by capturing everything.  Nowi, Fae, and Young Tiki to the right while Witch Nowi, Delthea, Nino, Myrrh, and Maria took the left.   Sanaki, Amelia, and Elise were the reinforcements.   I'll go back later with armors and friends, this mode is really fun, even without more rewards it has nice replay value. 

I'm finding the new mode so fun~

Especially when I have to take the fort on turn 10 using a warp, a dance, five of my friend's allies, four reposition skills, all of my allies' movement, and a lot of improvised strategy! It does seem to consistently generate hype moments like that, especially on the higher difficulties.

Also, I like how this mode has no penalty for dead units, so it heavily incentivises aggressive play, which is a breath of fresh air from the tired old formula of baiting units one or two at a time and dealing with them at a snail's pace.

18 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

No one's discussing this week's map, huh? I found it a bit hard to take the enemy base with armors, even with the +10 Steady Breath Bold Fighter Zelgius BS I have on my friendlist... I only managed to get both forts and hold position on Infernal.

The trick I found is to set armor units near the bottom and one armor all the way to the left, then I use my more mobile units (usually cavalry) from the right to Reposition the armor units in bottom forward to give them a small boost and then just let slow push forward until they take the left camp. I would also mix in a loli or two as well as a healer among the armor units in case you need some mobility and healing/debuffing.

Everyone else just steam rolls the right flank due to their right camp being a bit more difficult to reinforce (the forests around the right enemy camp prevents enemy cavalry from warping there) and that is usually the first camp to fall.

I would also highly recommend using HNY!Azura as your Singer since she is not impeded by terrain.

16 minutes ago, XRay said:

The trick I found is to set armor units near the bottom and one armor all the way to the left, then I use my more mobile units (usually cavalry) from the right to Reposition the armor units in bottom forward to give them a small boost and then just let slow push forward until they take the left camp. I would also mix in a loli or two as well as a healer among the armor units in case you need some mobility and healing/debuffing.

Everyone else just steam rolls the right flank due to their right camp being a bit more difficult to reinforce (the forests around the right enemy camp prevents enemy cavalry from warping there) and that is usually the first camp to fall.

I would also highly recommend using HNY!Azura as your Singer since she is not impeded by terrain.

I still got enough points to get rewards on Infernal without taking the last fort, and with Tempest running I probably won't bother to go for it again lol.