Rival Domains Discussion

I found this one a lot easier than the previous two, because cavalry have that big of an advantage. Infernal was my only perfect score, because it was the only one that took long enough to get 20 kills.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one was a breeze. I've got quite a few great cavs even without The Reinhardt, so it wasn't tough to break through. Especially when Sigurd somehow survived a full enemy phase in Infernal, something I can't say happened the last 2 times.

It helped that the music was great. Usually I actually mute the game, but Last Holy War on that infernal run was pretty perfect to be honest.

I'm not sure which horses to put out for my friends. 

I ended up going with LA!Roy for now, since I think he's my rarest horse, but I could be wrong. 

I have also got Sigurd, Reinhardt, Xander, Bunny Xander, Camus, Stahl, Frederick, Cain, Abel, Clive, Bunny Al, Leo, Roderick, Luke, Berkut, Eliwood or Seth, if anyone would prefer them. I think that's all the 5* horses I have that I would be willing to put as my lead :) None of them are merged and most of them have weaponbreakers and other cheap skills on them xD 

Edited by Cute Chao

Well, at least this week was tolerable, though the map and bonuses being pro-cavalry did alleviate the frustration. My rants about this mode are on hold... for now.

I decided I don't like this mode. The maps take too long to beat because there are so many enemies and their reinforcements never end. Also, the units I have to choose from are not good enough for the higher level difficulties. I used the strongest available from my friends' list. I guess they're just bad.

I also don't like how you have to take all the forts to win, but as soon as just ONE of your own falls, you lose. Seems unfair.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I also don't like how you have to take all the forts to win, but as soon as just ONE of your own falls, you lose. Seems unfair.

I took two camps but not the Fortress and got the infernal reward regardless. Last week in some cases it was enough to take only 1 camp. 

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I took two camps but not the Fortress and got the infernal reward regardless. Last week in some cases it was enough to take only 1 camp. 

Really? Because it never says "CLEAR" for me until I take all forts...

I hope my Titania has been helpful for people.  Cavalry week is really her time to shine.

I really like the mode this week.  I liked the first week, and the second week was a chore, but this is my favorite of the three so far.  The large maps help make the Cavalry play to their strengths.  Trying to do these maps with Armor teams can be a real pain, though.

I hope they expand this mode in the future, to maybe make maps that have objectives other than endless reinforcements.

37 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Really? Because it never says "CLEAR" for me until I take all forts...

The mode ends at the end of turn 10, unless you lose all units before then.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I must never have done all ten turns then. Odd...

Getting both camps and defending them to the end whilst getting bonus points for killing with horses should be enough to reach the point limit.

You don't even have to take the last fort - simply damaging it gives a ton of points, without fully capturing it.

1 minute ago, Raven said:

Getting both camps and defending them to the end whilst getting bonus points for killing with horses should be enough to reach the point limit.

You don't even have to take the last fort - simply damaging it gives a ton of points, without fully capturing it.

Not easy when I have almost no horses to use. My friends list comprises of very few cavalry leads.

Edited by Anacybele

Not easy when I have almost no horses to use. My friends list comprises of very little cavalry leads.

My Titania should help a bit, and you've got a pretty decent Horse core.

Not easy when I have almost no horses to use. My friends list comprises of very few cavalry leads.

To fix that, maybe you can go to the friends list topic and ask people with horse leads to add you.

I myself have Legendary Ephraim as a lead, he is good for leaving on top of a camp because of his healing. The cavalry buffs are also pretty useful.

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

My Titania should help a bit, and you've got a pretty decent Horse core.

But I can only use one of my units, I think. The others have to be friends' units. And both your Titania and my Frederick are green cavs, so they get wiped out by enemy reds. And two horses wouldn't be enough for a map this big anyway.

4 minutes ago, Raven said:

To fix that, maybe you can go to the friends list topic and ask people with horse leads to add you.

I myself have Legendary Ephraim as a lead, he is good for leaving on top of a camp because of his healing. The cavalry buffs are also pretty useful.

Maybe. I'd do it another time though, I just feel like doing other things at the moment.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

But I can only use one of my units, I think. The others have to be friends' units. And both your Titania and my Frederick are green cavs, so they get wiped out by enemy reds. And two horses wouldn't be enough for a map this big anyway.

Maybe. I'd do it another time though, I just feel like doing other things at the moment.

You can use as many of your own units as you want.  You don't even have to use any friend units if you don't want to, or they aren't helpful for that particular week.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's not how it works. You're allowed to use any unit. You just can't use more than one copy of any unit, so only one Frederick, one Titania, etc..

Although, you are limited to only one dancer/singer in the whole team.

Edit: I also changed my lead to Exalt Chrom. I think he's even more suited for this map than Leg Ephraim.

Edited by Raven

22 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

You can use as many of your own units as you want.  You don't even have to use any friend units if you don't want to, or they aren't helpful for that particular week.

Oh. I didn't know that.

16 minutes ago, Raven said:

That's not how it works. You're allowed to use any unit. You just can't use more than one copy of any unit, so only one Frederick, one Titania, etc..

Although, you are limited to only one dancer/singer in the whole team.

Edit: I also changed my lead to Exalt Chrom. I think he's even more suited for this map than Leg Ephraim.

Well, I didn't know that. Sorry. And I see.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, I didn't know that. Sorry. And I see.

No need to apologise - I was only explaining to help you, not trying to scold you lol.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I know that. I was just saying sorry.

It might be worth just picking an all cavalry battalion (with maybe one dancer) and autobattling. It worked for me for all the modes except Infernal, which I decided to try myself. I didn't even touch the enemy fortress, although I did manage to take both camps, and that got me enough points. 

I agree, though. This mode is really not my favourite. I'll put up with it, though, since everyone's bound to have modes they don't like in the game ^.^