Not Fire Emblem: Direct discussion (move to general games)

Jedi

23 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Pretty sure we didn't play the same Suikoden.

I'm pretty sure I'm remembering them right. Suikoden I is just a rock paper scissors system for its battles featuring your entire army, not bad, but nothing special and really easy once you get Ninjas to figure out what the enemy will do next. Suikoden II makes them into SRPG battles, but again, you have little control over them. A lot end in your guys having to retreat for some reason, and when you do get to fight all out, which is very rarely, it's a little luck based and slow. I liked the idea and wish it worked, and I've only played I & II, but they didn't do much really for either game. Suikoden II itself is, retrospectively, I never played it at release, not so amazing as some would say it is. Luca Blight is great, but I find much of the rest falters.

Of course, FE could try the idea and do it much much much much better all these years later.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

Just saying; if the headline is freaking Mario Tennis ... did you really expect much?

-shrugs- I expected more than this lol

So I stayed up for this specifically and damn do I regret it. What a disappointment. They didn't even show a teaser or anything. Will this game ever exist?

Well, gonna head to bed since I need to be up in about 5 hours...

2 minutes ago, RedRob said:

Is it me, or are there too many ports and remakes/updates? Seriously, the lack of original IPs doesn't inspire confidence in me.

At this point the Switch may just be the "Port" Console.
Doesn't help that a lot of these titles have been released on other platforms but the M&L remake was utterly unnecessary. The 3DS has backwards compability ffs, why re-release a DS game out of all things.

Anyway only good thing was the release date of Octopath Traveler. Rest was completely uninteresting.