Super Smash Bros. Ultimate News and Discussion: A Simple and Clean Finish

Lightchao42

Now that Ultimate has been out for a while, who is your favorite newcomer?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite base game (and Piranha Plant) newcomer?

2. 2. Who is your favorite new Echo Fighter?

3. 3. Who is your favorite Fighters Pass 1 character?

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, he did liberate ValmĀ from a dictator and had to run off to, you know, deal with a dragon that threatened them too. And it's not like he was telling the world to go die by sealing Grima. Assuming they didn't mess up in the future, Grima could theoretically never be released again.

Also, don't assume female Robin and if you do, don't assume they're married.

...he literally didn't do anything for 3 years.

Edit: Well, okay he got married and knocked up his wife. So yaaaaay...

Edited by BrightBow

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

...he literally didn't do anything for 3 years.

He didn't know about Valm because someone (Virion) failed to mention it. And it was two years. He also didn't know about Grima's eminent return. Don't expect the man to know everything. Plus, he was a little busy rebuilding his own nation after killing Gangrel.Ā 

Hmmm. Chrom's gonna be super gimpable. He's got Ike Up-B but the rest of his moves are taken from Roy. Chrom's recovery options are actually terrible. Hopefully he at least has a high jump height to compensate.

Ā 

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

He didn't know about Valm because someone (Virion) failed to mention it. And it was two years. He also didn't know about Grima's eminent return. Don't expect the man to know everything. Plus, he was a little busy rebuilding his own nation after killing Gangrel.Ā 

No, having to "rebuild your own nation" is not sufficient reason to let a nation you conquered fall into chaos and being eaten by Risen. (Yeah, remember how there was still a zombie apokalypse going on during that time that nobody cared about?) And what do they need to rebuild? The entire invasion of Plegia occurred offscreen in chaoter 7. And they were making it a point to clarify that they were going to rob whatever resources they need from Plegia. So I think Chrom could have afforded not to beĀ a complete sociopath.Ā And to think the people of Plegia actually helped Chrom win that war. Man, they sure must have felt stupid afterwards.

But yeah, sure sucks that Chrom didn't have anyone from the future who could have told him about Grima.

Edited by BrightBow

No, having to "rebuild your own nation" is not sufficient reason to let a nation you conquered fall into chaos and being eaten by Risen. (Yeah, remember how there was still a zombie apokalypse going on during that time that nobody cared about?) And what do they need to rebuild? The entire invasion of Plegia occurred offscreen in chaoter 7. And they were making it a point to clarify that they were going to rob whatever resources they need from Plegia.

But yeah, sure sucks that Chrom didn't have anyone from the future who could have told him about Grima.

Jesus Christ, do you NEEDĀ to be such a downer? Good lord. Keep your disdain to yourself. Chrom's in the game, let the people that like him enjoy him.

1 minute ago, Dai said:

Jesus Christ, do you NEEDĀ to be such a downer? Good lord. Keep your disdain to yourself. Chrom's in the game, let the people that like him enjoy him.

I'm not a downer. As I made clear, I am looking forward to Chrom and the entire Direct was absolutely fantastic. It even sold me on K.Rool, who I never cared about before.

11 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

No, having to "rebuild your own nation" is not sufficient reason to let a nation you conquered fall into chaos and being eaten by Risen. (Yeah, remember how there was still a zombie apokalypse going on during that time that nobody cared about?) And what do they need to rebuild? The entire invasion of Plegia occurred offscreen in chaoter 7. And they were making it a point to clarify that they were going to rob whatever resources they need from Plegia.

Well,Ā  rebuilding your defeated enemies without just taking their land is a relatively new concept I think. And it wasn't exactly anĀ apocalypse level event, and it's not like he massacred their armies since most of them surrendered. Let them take care of any Risen!Ā Remember, they goadedĀ Yllisse, what obligation does he have to babysit them?Ā As for rebuilding, do you not remember that their capitol which is apparently fairly close to the coast meaning they had to cut through the country to get to it, was overrun?Ā Not to mention their villages being hounded by Plegian bandits to incite a war. And, yes, they took some of their ample gold for reparations, but they still had enough to fund the entire Valmese expedition (save for the Shepherds apparently; they have to buy their own stuff or bring it with them when they join).Ā 

That's not Chrom's fault.

Edited by Arthur97

Does anyone else think its really obvious that the blurred out mode is Smash tour?

I always knew Dark Samus would be a clone and I always found the idea off putting. She may look like Samus but she has the potential for a Phazon based moveset thats now wasted.

The K rool reveal was pretty awesome, both the news he's finally here and the trolling beforehand. He also seems to play exactkly how I always said he would.

6 minutes ago, Dai said:

He thinks Tharja raped Robin during their A support.Ā 

I'm not a downer. As I made clear, I am looking forward to Chrom and the entire Direct was absolutely fantastic. It even sold me on K.Rool, who I never cared about before.

You're looking forward to him because you have a gigantic irrational hateboner for him; you're so unstable that you seriously want to use a character as a punching bag. Exactly how you acted with Corrin 2.5 years ago.

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

...I think enough has been said. Moving on.

~

Smash Tour was reviled more than Subspace, I think. Honestly, it could go either way. If the game wants to stick to its Ultimate bit and bringing everything back, both might come back somewhere.

5 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Killing Edge seems like an odd choice. You would think that an FE item would be an iconic legendary weapon not already on a rep, like Armads, Sol Katti, or Alondite.Ā 

Killing Edge is an infamous staple weapon that appears in [nearly] every game, though. Certainly not special like the extensions of their wielders that you named, but it's definitely iconic

4 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Does anyone else think its really obvious that the blurred out mode is Smash tour?

I imagine it's either story/adventure mode or something entirety new.

... anyway, putting aside any current discussion, it seems like FF might get stuck with just 2 songs again. That's huge downer, even in just FF7 there's more that could be worked with.

14 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Smash 4 had gameplay reporting

I'm pretty sure that people only played it to unlock a stage

I doubt they would waste time and money on a mode people barely used

21 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Well,Ā  rebuilding your defeated enemies without just taking their land is a relatively new concept. And there wasn't a zombie apocalypse. There were some incidents, but all seemed to be in Yllisse unless under direct control of someone. Remember, they goadedĀ Yllisse, what obligation does he have to babysit them?Ā And it's not like he massacred their armies since most of them surrendered. Let them take care of any Risen if there are any in Plegia! As for rebuilding, do you not remember that their capitol which is apparently fairly close to the coast meaning they had to cut through the country to get to it, was overrun?Ā Not to mention their villages being hounded by Plegian bandits to incite a war. And, yes, they took some of their ample gold for reparations, but they still had enough to fund the entire Valmese expedition (save for the Shepherds apparently; they have to buy their own stuff or bring it with them when they join).Ā 

That's not Chrom's fault.

Why should he "babysit them"? The people of Plegia LITERALLY HELPED CHROM WIN. They kinda made a big deal out of that in chapter 11. Not that it should better because letting the innocent populationĀ die like that is just fucked up, even if it didn't lead directly to the Resurrection of Grima.

And of course there is a zombie apocalypse going on. Did you never notice all those groups of Risen who keep appearing on the World Map? Why do you think they are there? And I'm pretty sure they show up in a lot of Paralouqes too. So they are quite active.

I also have my doubts about most of the army surrendering, what with the map explicitly not ending after you kill Gangrel until you kill everyone, but it's not like that would matter. There is no one there to give them orders, or to pay them to risk their lives and whatnot. Honestly, it's not like it isn't a recurring element in the series that neglectful rulers lead to the population being harassed by bandits. Except there are also zombies here.

Also, I'm not sure what you are saying is "not Chrom's fault" but the Grimleal claiming power and the Resurrection of Grima are absolutely his fault.

Ā 

Edited by BrightBow

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm surprised no one noticed me predictingĀ a mode no one liked to be a joke.

Eh, your execution needs work; you look like you seriously believed it. I would have done something like this:

Guys, the blurred out mode is totally Smash Tour.

The strikethrough is an effective tool for making joke statements. :P

28 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

If she didn't, she is most certainly trying to get there.

Tharja:Ā Ah, finally, a perfect voodoo doll. Robin will have eyes only for meā€¦

Honestly, has anyone ever tried arguing that people like Valter and Narcian are not rapists just because it's not directly spelled out? Narcian only wanted to play with Clarine, why do people read so much into that?

Edited by BrightBow

hey some one found out what the green blurred text was

Ā 

Ā 

how do I get rid of these spoilers, anyways it's in the next one

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

DkFvaXWX0AYOdrq.jpg

Edited by Captain Karnage

14 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Why should he "babysit them"? The people of Plegia LITERALLY HELPED CHROM WIN. They kinda made a big deal out of that in chapter 11. Not that it should better because letting the innocent populationĀ die like that is just fucked up, even if it didn't lead directly to the Resurrection of Grima.

And of course there is a zombie apocalypse going on. Did you never notice all those groups of Risen who keep appearing on the World Map? Why do you think they are there? And I'm pretty sure they show up in a lot of Paralouqes too. So they are quite active.

I also have my doubts about most of the army surrendering, what with the map explicitly not ending after you kill Gangrel until you kill everyone, but it's not like that would matter. There is no one there to give them orders, or to pay them to risk their lives and whatnot. Honestly, it's not like it isn't a recurring element in the series that neglectful rulers lead to the population being harassed by bandits. Except there are also zombies here.

Also, I'm not sure what you are saying is "not Chrom's fault" but the Grimleal claiming power and the Resurrection of Grima are absolutely his fault.

Ā 

Why should get involved in their process of choosing a new leader. Most of them surrendered except for Gangrel's most loyal (as the game said). Chrom being the trusting guyĀ he is and having things to take care of back home, left it to the Plegians who to pick as their next ruler. How was he supposed to know another madman would take it? And even if he had misgivings, would you have him start another war because he didn't like him? If Validar did nothing to warrant it and did not give away his intentions, what could he do?

If it were an apocalypse, there would probably be more panic than just a few villages here or there or the, what, maybe two dozen that show up in the grinding missions. They aren't exactly in apocalyptic proportions and they don't even have an intelligence behind them for the most part.

It's not Chrom's fault Lucina didn't tell him about it sooner.Ā 

Edited by Arthur97

Since Dark Samus and K. Rool are playable now, the total number of playable characters created outside Japan has multiplied by three.

Also, consider that Sakurai did the voice acting for this, he truly is troll of the century.

kjSD0Of.gif

1 minute ago, Captain Karnage said:

hey some one found out what the green blurred text was

From the first time I saw it, I knew the text said

Spoiler

"Waluigi confirmed"

Ā