Super Smash Bros. Ultimate News and Discussion: A Simple and Clean Finish

Lightchao42

Now that Ultimate has been out for a while, who is your favorite newcomer?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite base game (and Piranha Plant) newcomer?

2. 2. Who is your favorite new Echo Fighter?

3. 3. Who is your favorite Fighters Pass 1 character?

Just now, Lightchao42 said:

Since Dark Samus and K. Rool are playable now, the total number of playable characters created outside Japan has multiplied by three.

Also, consider that Sakurai did the voice acting for this, he truly is troll of the century.

kjSD0Of.gif

From the first time I saw it, I knew the text said

Hide contents

"Waluigi confirmed"

When you select that option it takes you to the above gif.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Just...stop. Stop embarrassing yourself.

I suppose this is pointless. People will love who they decide to love and will interpret anything that sounds vaguely negative about that character as a personal attack. Arguments will ensue that take up a lot of space but go nowhere because anything needs to be interpreted to fit with the premise that the character is a loveable person.

And I didn't even get to say anything about Simon yet because of this. Who, btw, looks pretty damn awesome. Glad they didn't get with that red-haired leather look. I gotta say, he does actually invoke the image of his classic sprite.

Edited by BrightBow

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

I suppose this is pointless. People will love who they decide to love and will interpret anything that sounds vaguely negative about that character as a personal attack.

And I didn't even get to say anything about Simon yet because of this. Who, btw, looks pretty damn awesome. Glad they didn't get with that red-haired leather look. I gotta say, he does actually invoke the image of his classic sprite.

You literally said, and I quote, "Guy caused more harm then any Fire Emblem villain ever did." How is that vague?

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

You literally said, and I quote, "Guy caused more harm then any Fire Emblem villain ever did." How is that vague?

It's not. It's also very factual.

But okay, it's my fault for making an off-handed remark about Chrom being a piece of shit in a Smash thread. The consequences of that were absolutely foreseeable.

5 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

also, has anybody noticed, that unlike the last game all of the reveal trailers are in the same style as each other ?

maybe, this has to do with a possible story mode

Most of the Smash 4 ones were unless it was to fit the game.

Edited by Arthur97

I recall I was kinda disappointed that this strange nightly mountain area were all the trailers took place in never became a stage. It looked pretty sick.

Edited by BrightBow

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Most of the Smash 4 ones were unless it had a unique artstyle like Awakening.

Palutena had an anime trailer, Little Mac had a comic book style, and Awakening had it's own

Doesn't anyone find it odd that we've had characters literally die in the trailers. A little odd for Nintendo to do something like that

1 hour ago, Lau said:

The fact that I'm a big fan of FE aside, I really don't care about how many reps they have, just like how I don't care about the amount of reps any other franchise has. When people complain about how "all the FE reps play the same", I like to point them over to the Zelda reps, where you have three Links, with very minimal differences between them.

They actually have quite a number of differences now and even Toon Link is getting new moves beyond the moves he already had unique to himself from Link, you can't really say the Link's play much like each other any more.

8 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

Doesn't anyone find it odd that we've had characters literally die in the trailers. A little odd for Nintendo to do something like that

I suppose it was a little surprising but it's not too out there, considering what kind of characters they are. Bowser Jr's trailer was already rather dark and he is obviously a very cartonish character, nothing like a true monster as Ridley and not tied into horror like Simon Belmont.

Edited by BrightBow

1 hour ago, Captain Karnage said:

did't PlayStation All Stars have something similar to the smash meter?

Yes but unlike ultimate you earned more meter for dealing damage than taking damage. That's my biggest gripe with the meter at the moment but it's certainly more viable than the smash ball that appears at random, moves randomly, and takes a random amount of hits to break.

I'm in love with the Dracula's Castle stage. I already mentioned previously I'm anticipating this more than any castlevania character. But Richter is a hype addition. I also love them being mysterious about when and how Dracula shows up. 

I feel like Fire Emblem and Pokemon are the only nintendo fandoms that get mostly upset over playable character inclusions. Chrom is cool. He won't even take up Roy's spot on the character select. 

I have so much more I could say about this Direct but I'm afraid I'll be targeted for my positivity. I'm very surprised however they didn't talk about modes enough in order to reveal how to get more characters. Seems to confirm the mystery "Spirits" mode as something very special. I'm also hoping those vault icons on the classic mode stagelist indicate character-specific bonus stages.

2 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

Palutena had an anime trailer, Little Mac had a comic book style, and Awakening had it's own

Yes, but Rosalina, Shulk, Mega Man, Duck Hunt, Bowser Jr., and Greninja all had CG.

Not only that, Mario and Luigi nonetheless. Though, Luigi was getting cozy back in his body, and Mario technically may not be dead.

3 minutes ago, Jedi said:

They actually have quite a number of differences now and even Toon Link is getting new moves beyond the moves he already had unique to himself from Link, you can't really say the Link's play much like each other any more.

Yet people will still say Marth and Roy play the same, despite Roy being much more of a rush down fighter, what, with his sweet spot being at the base of his sword. I suppose using Link was a poor example on my behalf, I'm sorry about that.

I need to stop going on the Smash subreddit, it riles me up, hahah.

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Also yeah at least Mario had a quick death. Luigi was put down like a dog. 

Dedede deserves nothing short of death after entering the wrong neighborhood tho.

Luigi gets to come back though. Though, it is Mario so he probably has like 99 extra lives.

Well, it looks like they may have some collatoral damage in their fight.

Anyone else like the DK 64 final smash?

2 minutes ago, Lau said:

Yet people will still say Marth and Roy play the same, despite Roy being much more of a rush down fighter, what, with his sweet spot being at the base of his sword. I suppose using Link was a poor example on my behalf, I'm sorry about that.

I need to stop going on the Smash subreddit, it riles me up, hahah.

Yeah it's unfortunate, despite Roy's additions in Smash 4 people still call him a clone of Marth when he has obviously his own moves now along with the few he kept.

Edited by Jedi

9 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I suppose it was a little surprising but it's not to out there, considering what kind of characters they are. Bowser Jr's trailer was also rather dark and he is obviously a very cartonish character, nothing like a true monster as Ridley and not tied into horror like Simon Belmont, even though Castlevania technically never really had been horror, only horror-themed.

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Yes, but Rosalina, Shulk, Mega Man, Duck Hunt, Bowser Jr., and Greninja all had CG.

Not only that, Mario and Luigi nonetheless. Though, Luigi was getting cozy back in his body, and Mario technically may not be dead.

I dropped out of being a health major but I'm 99% sure a spear through his chest was fatal

14-ridley-totally-mocked-mario-his-super-smash-bros-ultimate-traile.jpg

Edited by Captain Karnage

1 minute ago, Captain Karnage said:

I dropped out of being a health major but I'm 99% sure a spear through his chest was fatal

14-ridley-totally-mocked-mario-his-super-smash-bros-ultimate-traile.jpg

Well, I suppose it's good that Mario can't instantly die while he is big, unless he gets crushed or falls into a bottomless pit.