Super Smash Bros. Ultimate News and Discussion: A Simple and Clean Finish

Lightchao42

Now that Ultimate has been out for a while, who is your favorite newcomer?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite base game (and Piranha Plant) newcomer?

2. 2. Who is your favorite new Echo Fighter?

3. 3. Who is your favorite Fighters Pass 1 character?

Just now, Armagon said:

They didn't, but i'd imagine if she did, she wouldn't be sharing the same number as Peach. Nor would she have been be casually revealed.

She didn't need a big reveal though, since she's a clone/echo. Not much to show off there since we know her moveset since it's basically Peach's.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

She didn't need a big reveal though, since she's a clone/echo. Not much to show off there since we know her moveset since it's basically Peach's.

Exactly. Echoes aren't being considered actual newcomers in this game. All the signs point to it.

A low number of newcomers leaves me feeling a little sad, but there's always potential for DLC.

I love that Krystal's at least an assist trophy, wearing her Adventures outfit no less. The door's open to her eventually becoming a playable character. She would hardly be the first.

Hey, Daisy gets her own slot! Poor Waluigi's still stuck as an AT for now.

Speaking of ATs, Bomberman's in. That's pretty neat.

Ganondorf is using a sword! And he has his OoT design again! I wonder if they got his original voice back? I always thought it was his most powerful sounding.

Still no word on Shantae, though. :C

Edited by Lord_Brand

1 minute ago, Lord_Brand said:

A low number of newcomers leaves me feeling a little sad, but there's always potential for DLC.

I love that Krystal's in as an Assist Trophy, wearing her Adventures outfit no less. It leaves the door open to her eventually becoming a playable character.

And hey, Daisy gets her own slot! Poor Waluigi's still stuck as an AT for now.

Ganondorf is using a sword! And he has his OoT design again! I wonder if they got his original voice back? I always thought it was his most powerful sounding.

I imagine that has something to do with him being much younger and more hot-blooded in Ocarina, before being sealed away and/or stripped of his powers for centuries, or being executed.

I wonder if they could dedicate a roster to Echo characters? That could work for third parties too, like Ken, Bass, Shadow, etc.

So Inkling gets a Shield + Special function, eh? Wonder if that could open the doors to Shield Specials in the future...

Edited by Lord_Brand

Since Sakurai did say not to expect too many newcomers, I wonder who else we may potentially get. I'm really kind of hoping Konami gets similar to Capcom and we have Belmont (as in the family. There's enough far as I recall to meet eight alternates) to go along with Snake.

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

Well I don't know if they will or won't take up a space now that we've seen character alts. None of the three echo characters are in the demo. I made the assumption based on their ordering on the fighter list. The gist of it is I was referring to what Echo Characters are in my post.

The fact that Lucina shows up in her own spot among the rest of the characters during the bit where Sakurai mentions most of the roster will have to be unlocked seems to confirm that Echo Fighters will indeed have their own place in the CSS.

Xb1pKTc.png

3 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

And speaking of which, since Rodin from Bayonetta did appeared as Assist Trophy for Bayonetta's series along with Bomberman, I'm kinda wondering what Final Fantasy and Street Fighter character will appear as an Assist Trophy. I do think we could see Tifa Lockheart as an Assist Trophy for Cloud's side since Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U only did showed Final Fantasy VII content.

Will be interesting to see who else is added from newer and under-represented games. For FF, I feel like the use of "FF" instead of the meteor for the series symbol suggests that they intend to go wider than 7, the most obvious choice being to add someone from 6 (which would be Terra). I'd be down for Chrono Trigger and/or Super Mario RPG representation too, if they wanna branch out to other SE games.

24 minutes ago, Johann said:

Will be interesting to see who else is added from newer and under-represented games. For FF, I feel like the use of "FF" instead of the meteor for the series symbol suggests that they intend to go wider than 7, the most obvious choice being to add someone from 6 (which would be Terra). I'd be down for Chrono Trigger and/or Super Mario RPG representation too, if they wanna branch out to other SE games.

I think a Chocobo is a more deserving Final Fantasy rep than even Cloud and could make for a very Avant Garde character.

Shadow hasn't been seen as an AT the entire time (and Knuckles is an AT now) so far, I wonder if he's managed to become an Echo as well, while he could diversify himself from Sonic with chaos powers, if this is how I can get Shadow/w Sonic as well, i'm all for it.

Edited by Jedi

Reflecting a bit...what if this had been leaked?

"All veterans, including Pokemon Trainer, Snake, Young Link, etc. will return, alongside more than 50 returning stages. Ridley is a newcomer and Daisy is a Peach clone."

No one would have believed that shit.

20 minutes ago, Florete said:

Reflecting a bit...what if this had been leaked?

"All veterans, including Pokemon Trainer, Snake, Young Link, etc. will return, alongside more than 50 returning stages. Ridley is a newcomer and Daisy is a Peach clone."

No one would have believed that shit.

Nope haha, I can only wonder if we'll get another reveal through the rest of the Treehouse days. 

Also i'm getting more excited for the new remixes the more we hear of them 

Bowsers Trailer uses a remix of the Mario 3 Bowser Boss theme (also used in Mario RPG).

I wasn't fond of Smash 4 at all, but this Smash Bros game really gets all my interest since everyone from the past will be back.
Wasn't expecting that at all, especially guest characters like Snake. 
Hopefully there will be a story mode similar to Subspace Emissary or Melee's at least because its non existement in 4 was the major reason to dislike this game.

8 hours ago, Florete said:

I really doubt anyone, Bill Trinen especially, would tell us how many newcomers are left.

It's something I saw a couple people in the FEW discord server say; I'm not treating it as gospel, but it was officially confirmed that there'd be a lot fewer newcomers than usual.

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

You think Ridley and Daisy are too big? 

You know what's really big? Ganon's nose! Its huuuuge! 

ss_1.jpg

I was afraid this was going to be a joke about his crotch bulge

32 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

It's something I saw a couple people in the FEW discord server say; I'm not treating it as gospel, but it was officially confirmed that there'd be a lot fewer newcomers than usual.

I was afraid this was going to be a joke about his crotch bulge

I think less new comers is a given, official word or no. There's almost seventy characters in the game as it is, and even though everyone, but three of them are returning characters, it's still a tonne of work to make that many fighters. I'm expecting five more new comers max, some of which being Echo Fighters. The reason they held off on showing anything this long was precisely because they didn't have a constant string of new comers to show off.