Super Smash Bros. Ultimate News and Discussion: A Simple and Clean Finish

Lightchao42

Now that Ultimate has been out for a while, who is your favorite newcomer?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite base game (and Piranha Plant) newcomer?

2. 2. Who is your favorite new Echo Fighter?

3. 3. Who is your favorite Fighters Pass 1 character?

Music, huh? Here's a lengthy list I made a while ago. Hopefully it won't get buried by this talk of custom moves.

Thoughts?

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today on Serenes Forest, we are very sad to announce that Yoshi has been cut from the German boxart of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Our condolences go out to Yoshi and his friends and loved ones for this tragic occurrence.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Since we know New Donk City is getting in, and its related musical piece Jump Up, Super Star! too, I'm wondering what else will be added to the great music collection of Smash?

They should totally add Polkamon and Pyra and Mythra singing the F.U.N. Song.

DfxetRyXkAAKgUq.jpg

Nintendo made a loss meme, God damn it.

9 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

This is a good list but let me add to it. Stone Tower Temple (Majora's Mask) is one of my most wanted songs. I consider Stone Tower Temple to be the best Zelda dungeon and the song that plays is one of my favorites in Majora's Mask (also Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game, so there's that). With Great Bay returning and actually having more than two songs this time, the possibiltiy of Stone Tower Temple's theme being in the game is really likely. Attack on Vah Ruta (Breath of the Wild) is also a great choice.

9 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

Adding to this

10 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

This is a good list but all of them are from the Post-FE13 era. So here are some others that they can pull from

Lightning Battle is amazing but c'mon man, surely there's a lot of great Uprising songs (because what other Kid Icarus game are they gonna pull their music from?) to just list one

This list is perfect and i'm gonna make it even better by adding to it

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Today on Serenes Forest, we are very sad to announce that Yoshi has been cut from the German boxart of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Our condolences go out to Yoshi and his friends and loved ones for this tragic occurrence.

Welp, we now know which country really doesn't like tax evasion.

56 minutes ago, Armagon said:

DfxetRyXkAAKgUq.jpg

Nintendo made a loss meme, God damn it.

When I first saw this, I wasn't even aware that this was loss. On the bright side, Snake looks like he's about to hit the hardest whip the world has ever seen.

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

Welp, we now know which country really doesn't like tax evasion.

The German judges are not impressed.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

This is a good list but let me add to it. Stone Tower Temple (Majora's Mask) is one of my most wanted songs. I consider Stone Tower Temple to be the best Zelda dungeon and the song that plays is one of my favorites in Majora's Mask (also Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game, so there's that). With Great Bay returning and actually having more than two songs this time, the possibiltiy of Stone Tower Temple's theme being in the game is really likely. Attack on Vah Ruta (Breath of the Wild) is also a great choice.

Stone Tower Temple is good, though it might need a more energetic remix since it's pretty atmospheric. Attack on Vah Ruta is wonderful, though, and I regret not including it from the start.

Also all good options, but Cynthia's theme is already in Smash. It plays on the Kalos League stage.

I'm admittedly an Awakening noob (I know, I know, banish me from the forums if you must), so I cede to your superior knowledge of Fire Emblem music.

Hades' Infernal Theme and The Space Pirate Ship are both in Smash 4 already as well. Dark Pit's flight portion theme is also in, but only in the 3DS version oddly. I forgot how good Lord of the Underworld is, though.

I actually originally had Unfinished Battle, To the Last Battle, Uncontrollable, The Key We've Lost, Still, Move Forward!, and Song of Giga Rosa on my list, I just didn't want to bloat the Xenoblade portion of the list too much. Also included was After Despair and Hope.

6 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Also all good options, but Cynthia's theme is already in Smash. It plays on the Kalos League stage.

Oh oops

6 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Hades' Infernal Theme and The Space Pirate Ship are both in Smash 4 already as well.

Space-Pirate Ship is in Smash 4 but it's the version that plays during the ground portion. The one i put was the flight version. Both are pretty similar though.

8 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Also included was After Despair and Hope.

That's a good one too.

The talk of new Xenoblade songs makes me wonder if they'll remix them in Ultimate. I wouldn't be opposed to it but none of Smash 4's Xenoblade songs were remixed (aside from the Xenoblade Medley) and i would like that they kept it the same.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Space-Pirate Ship is in Smash 4 but it's the version that plays during the ground portion. The one i put was the flight version. Both are pretty similar though.

The talk of new Xenoblade songs makes me wonder if they'll remix them in Ultimate. I wouldn't be opposed to it but none of Smash 4's Xenoblade songs were remixed (aside from the Xenoblade Medley) and i would like that they kept it the same.

Ah, I saw the song title and thought you meant the ground portion. My bad.

I don't think any of the Xenoblade songs really need a remix, though I won't object if they can somehow make them even better.

I just hope no songs get truncated like in Smash 4. That sucked for the DK Rap and Id ~ Purpose.

5 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

I just hope no songs get truncated like in Smash 4. That sucked for the DK Rap and Id ~ Purpose.

Same. I get why they did it for some songs, for example, Id ~ Purpose is 8 minutes long originally. But that doesn't mean they should. If they want to shorten a long song, just remix it so the shortened length is justifiable.

20 minutes ago, Jedi said:

All alt colors from the demo 

that is actually pretty interesting, I doubt these are all it, meta ridley was in the trailer, and he had a different model altogether from my recollection, and I checked and he was not in the demo, so I guess we can loosely confirm that we haven't seen all the alts yet.

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

that is actually pretty interesting, I doubt these are all it, meta ridley was in the trailer, and he had a different model altogether from my recollection, and I checked and he was not in the demo, so I guess we can loosely confirm that we haven't seen all the alts yet.

Yeah you're right, I didn't think about it when first viewing the video 

This is nearly two hours long btw. I hope you got time in your schedule if you plan to watch it all. Or if you just care about a specific character:

Character Timestamps: Mario: 0:00:00 DK: 0:00:18 Link: 0:02:27 Samus: 0:03:52 Yoshi: 0:05:25 Kirby: 0:06:35 Fox: 0:08:24 Pikachu: 0:12:34 Luigi: 0:14:42 Ness: 0:15:50 Captain Falcon: 0:17:56 Jigglypuff: 0:19:43 Peach: 0:21:42 Daisy: 0:22:21 Bowser: 0:23:29 Ice Climbers: 0:24:20 Sheik: 0:25:18 Zelda: 0:26:30 Dr. Mario: 0:28:38 Pichu: 0:29:49 Falco: 0:36:34 Marth: 0:40:06 Lucina: 0:40:51 Young Link: 0:45:42 Ganondorf: 0:46:11 Mewtwo: 0:47:06 Roy: 0:48:00 Game and Watch: 0:48:22 Metaknight: 0:49:18 Pit: 0:50:00 Zero Suit Samus: 0:51:06 Wario: 0:53:55 Snake: 0:56:46 Ike: 0:58:47 Pokemon Trainer: 0:59:18 Diddy Kong: 1:00:41 Lucas: 1:01:44 Sonic: 1:02:48 King Dedede: 1:03:35 Olimar: 1:04:23 Lucario: 1:06:23 ROB: 1:07:24 Toon Link: 1:08:44 Wolf: 1:09:53 Villager: 1:13:36 Mega Man: 1:17:16 Wii Fit Trainer: 1:18:13 Rosalina & Luma: 1:19:05 Little Mac: 1:20:51 Greninja: 1:26:35 Mii Fighters: 1:27:53 Palutena: 1:28:23 Pac-Man: 1:29:28 Robin: 1:30:13 Shulk: 1:31:54 Bowser Jr.: 1:34:15 Duck Hunt: 1:35:21 Ryu: 1:37:12 Cloud: 1:37:30 Corrin: 1:43:54 Bayonetta: 1:44:16 Inklings: 1:47:53 Ridley: 1:49:22

Something I haven't seen anybody else mention is that Robin's grab range is actually decent now. In the big character overview/everybody's back trailer, you see him grab DK about two steps away; this bit seems very significant and deliberate because in Smash 4 you literally had to have Robin's model overlapping with DK's a bit to get off the grab. So it's no longer garbage. Now give them average movement speed.

does anyone know if they got david hayter back for this one? since they had someone else voice snake in GZ and TPP, I was wondering if they got him back, I don't doubt david hayter would want to voice snake before the character is sent out to the pasture for good. 

3 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

does anyone know if they got david hayter back for this one? since they had someone else voice snake in GZ and TPP, I was wondering if they got him back, I don't doubt david hayter would want to voice snake before the character is sent out to the pasture for good. 

They did, Hayter himself already confirmed it.

Ten years from now, Snake will mainly be known as a Super Smash Bros. character.

Edited by Lightchao42

3 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Straight from the horse's mouth.

Edit: Dagnabbit. XD

Edited by Dai
Ninja'd.

Thinking on the music, can Midgar actually have a real selection now? JENOVA? One Winged Angel? The bombing mission music? Cosmo Canyon? A remix of the FFVII Theme? Just no Don Corneo music. 

A handful of non-VII pieces would be great, if unlikely, maybe from VIIi since it is of the same era and sound. Man with the Machine Gun? Force Your Way? I can't see too many working with Midgar, we'd need a totally different stage to make Battle on the Big Bridge resonate for instance.

And a little, utterly strange confession of mine. I've never heard KIU's soundtrack. I think it was because I wanted not to hear the VAs due to me hearing criticism of them, but even after discovering the VA adjuster much later, I still out of habit never played with the volume on. And with Smash 4, this carried over with the Palutena's Temple stage, I never listed to her guidances either. I'm aware KIU's soundtrack is considered good, and there are probably audio cues I missed playing sans volume, but I can't quite break the habit.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

This is nearly two hours long btw. I hope you got time in your schedule if you plan to watch it all. Or if you just care about a specific character:

Character Timestamps: Mario: 0:00:00 DK: 0:00:18 Link: 0:02:27 Samus: 0:03:52 Yoshi: 0:05:25 Kirby: 0:06:35 Fox: 0:08:24 Pikachu: 0:12:34 Luigi: 0:14:42 Ness: 0:15:50 Captain Falcon: 0:17:56 Jigglypuff: 0:19:43 Peach: 0:21:42 Daisy: 0:22:21 Bowser: 0:23:29 Ice Climbers: 0:24:20 Sheik: 0:25:18 Zelda: 0:26:30 Dr. Mario: 0:28:38 Pichu: 0:29:49 Falco: 0:36:34 Marth: 0:40:06 Lucina: 0:40:51 Young Link: 0:45:42 Ganondorf: 0:46:11 Mewtwo: 0:47:06 Roy: 0:48:00 Game and Watch: 0:48:22 Metaknight: 0:49:18 Pit: 0:50:00 Zero Suit Samus: 0:51:06 Wario: 0:53:55 Snake: 0:56:46 Ike: 0:58:47 Pokemon Trainer: 0:59:18 Diddy Kong: 1:00:41 Lucas: 1:01:44 Sonic: 1:02:48 King Dedede: 1:03:35 Olimar: 1:04:23 Lucario: 1:06:23 ROB: 1:07:24 Toon Link: 1:08:44 Wolf: 1:09:53 Villager: 1:13:36 Mega Man: 1:17:16 Wii Fit Trainer: 1:18:13 Rosalina & Luma: 1:19:05 Little Mac: 1:20:51 Greninja: 1:26:35 Mii Fighters: 1:27:53 Palutena: 1:28:23 Pac-Man: 1:29:28 Robin: 1:30:13 Shulk: 1:31:54 Bowser Jr.: 1:34:15 Duck Hunt: 1:35:21 Ryu: 1:37:12 Cloud: 1:37:30 Corrin: 1:43:54 Bayonetta: 1:44:16 Inklings: 1:47:53 Ridley: 1:49:22

Wait, this guy says Ike doesn't have throw combos anymore, but I heard before that Ike DOES still have them. So which is it then? I hope he still has them, I used them a lot...

12 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Wait, this guy says Ike doesn't have throw combos anymore, but I heard before that Ike DOES still have them. So which is it then? I hope he still has them, I used them a lot...

There seems to have been multiple slightly different builds at E3; for instance, Marth's damage has been seen as both identical to his current version in Smash 4 and the weaker version in 4 at launch.

I really don't think character analysis is exactly worth it at this point.

8 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

There seems to have been multiple slightly different builds at E3; for instance, Marth's damage has been seen as both identical to his current version in Smash 4 and the weaker version in 4 at launch.

Oh, huh. That's kinda weird. I see then.

That's actually a really smart way of getting information. If you think one character or attack is too strong but don't know how to change it, let multiple different people play multiple different versions of it without telling and observe which one functions best.

Interestingly enough ZeRo said the seemingly weaker Fox in this demo is very like smash 4's invitational Fox which apparently was found under powered but come launch he was pretty dominant again.

I wonder if that'll happen here too