Super Smash Bros. Ultimate News and Discussion: A Simple and Clean Finish

Lightchao42

Now that Ultimate has been out for a while, who is your favorite newcomer?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite base game (and Piranha Plant) newcomer?

2. 2. Who is your favorite new Echo Fighter?

3. 3. Who is your favorite Fighters Pass 1 character?

11 minutes ago, Dai said:

I find it oddly satisfying seeing the Sonic Boom. I also love how Guile plays just like an asshole. Unless the meta was to be an asshole

I also feel like them putting specifically Pikachu there is a nod to how Guile and Lt. Surge may as well be the same person.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I also feel like them putting specifically Pikachu there is a nod to how Guile and Lt. Surge may as well be the same person.

Raichu, give that pipsqueak anudda tunderbolt!

I joke but seeing hospitalized Pikachu in that episode wrecks me every time.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Female!Corrin is significantly more popular than Male!Corrin. There's no reason he should even remain the default (assuming he even is).

I absolutely agree. It just still comes off as a surprise considering Smash has never seemed to care. And male Corrin is the default.

image0.jpg

So it looks like Richter May have a longer whip than Simon, in Rondo of Blood Richter could extend his whip length so it’d make sense, but seems awkward balance wise.

1 hour ago, Ashen Jedi said:

image0.jpg

So it looks like Richter May have a longer whip than Simon, in Rondo of Blood Richter could extend his whip length so it’d make sense, but seems awkward balance wise.

Chances are, Richter's whip may be slightly delayed compared to Simon's.

22 minutes ago, Dai said:

Chances are, Richter's whip may be slightly delayed compared to Simon's.

Kind of doubt that, also kinda doubting this picture as the Belmont discord is saying the angles are too different. 

How disappointing. Chrom doesn't get to tell them off after the last game. Instead, we get Wario's farts. Though, I guess I wonder how Robin's Guidance will play out.

36 minutes ago, Dai said:

How disappointing. Chrom doesn't get to tell them off after the last game. Instead, we get Wario's farts. Though, I guess I wonder how Robin's Guidance will play out.

Yeah, i was expecting more. Hopefully Robin's (presumably changed) Guidance has Chrom take a jab at Viridi after she made fun of him for not being in the game.

Viridi's new voice is also actually starting to bother me

Edited by Armagon

Viridi's voice is way too slow to be delivering these punch lines. Hey, voice director, you have the power to artificially speed up takes to make them sound better. 

As for the Belmonts, I've heard almost every suggestion out there. Richter runs faster, his whip is longer, he has less endlag, his recovery is better. Sounds like a lot of confirmation bias for the pretty boy. Guess that made sense in Melee. Marth was prettier than Roy and he ended up better in every way.

15 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Viridi's voice is way too slow to be delivering these punch lines. Hey, voice director, you have the power to artificially speed up takes to make them sound better. 

As for the Belmonts, I've heard almost every suggestion out there. Richter runs faster, his whip is longer, he has less endlag, his recovery is better. Sounds like a lot of confirmation bias for the pretty boy. Guess that made sense in Melee. Marth was prettier than Roy and he ended up better in every way.

Actully it’s been both ways, Simon was reported to have better crosses and angles on aerial whip swings, but it seems like they’re pretty much the same character like Sakurai suggested.

16 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

There's been an overview trailer released recently. It doesn't have much new information, but it's narrated by the announcer himself so why wouldn't you watch it?

I keep forgetting how young Xander Mobus is. But man, it's amazing how hammy he can get.

On 11/19/2018 at 5:15 PM, Armagon said:

I mean, aside from Pac-Man, Mrs. Pac-Man and the ghosts, is there really anyone else?

You know, this quote reminded me that the Pac-Man World games have no representation whatsoever, aside from Pac-Man's design and up air, which I'm more bothered by than I should be. Even a bunch of random retro Namco games got more than Pac-Man World. Pac-Man's moveset is fine as is but I'd still like to see Pac-Man World acknowledged in some way.

In fact Pac-Man is represented almost entirely by the original game and Pac-Land. The original game being prioritized is obvious, but why is Pac-Land referenced so much? It even came back in Ultimate over Pac-Maze...

But that aside, this week's music theme is Bowser's battle theme from Super Mario Bros. 3.

On 11/19/2018 at 9:47 PM, Dai said:

219_2.jpg

I find it oddly satisfying seeing the Sonic Boom. I also love how Guile plays just like an asshole. Unless the meta was to be an asshole

Guile needs a Raichu

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Ridley's guidance confirmed. K Rool's didn't really impress me but I liked this one a bit more. Aww, Pit thinks Samus is a 'beast'' 

Viridi sounds a bit better.

In other news, it looks like Goku got into Smash after all.

https://mobile.twitter.com/cyberlink420/status/1064641176601530369

Didn't know the KI cast were such lore junkies. "Is that canon?". Took the words right out of my mouth, Pit. Even the Other M Ridley gets a shout out. 

Hey, if they're willing to explain that one then why's Pyrosphere stage boss Ridley such a big deal? They just established in game it's a different creature.