Super Smash Bros. Ultimate News and Discussion: A Simple and Clean Finish

Lightchao42

Now that Ultimate has been out for a while, who is your favorite newcomer?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite base game (and Piranha Plant) newcomer?

2. 2. Who is your favorite new Echo Fighter?

3. 3. Who is your favorite Fighters Pass 1 character?

I just love how that medley is hard rock. I can't really place the stages used in it, though some are familiar. It's been a while since I played Mega Man 4.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inkling, Ridley, and Wolf will be getting amiibo on December 7th (the same day the game releases). The veterans who weren't in Smash 4 and the remaining newcomers will presumably get amiibo at a later date.

I certainly hope we get a snake amiibo, I imagine it was like cloud (amiibo was probably in the contract somewhere), but I don't know, this is konami we are dealing with here, I can't tell if they don't give a crap or if they give too much of a crap, either way, snake will be on my list of must haves if he gets one.

Konami: if they release a snake amiibo, then we can't have a MGS2 pachinko machine.

I also hope we get a female robin amiibo.

and new link and zelda amiibos would be cool.

25 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I certainly hope we get a snake amiibo

I mean, Nintendo has already confirmed that every playable character will be getting an Amiibo so Snake getting one was definitely in the contract.

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I also hope we get a female robin amiibo.

Yeah, I'm hoping for relevant alts like this. Unfortunately, since they're re-running the original line, it's probably not happening.

4 hours ago, Jedi said:

Bit of a bump with some more discussin topics 

Video brings up several good points regarding this.

Holy ♡♪!?

Well my pick for a SMRPG stage is Marrymore Chapel, complete with cake monster and a Booster cameo appearance. And I can't turn off this formatting for some reason.

4 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Holy ♡♪!?

Well my pick for a SMRPG stage is Marrymore Chapel, complete with cake monster and a Booster cameo appearance. And I can't turn off this formatting for some reason.

If we got a SMRPG stage, I could see it being the forest maze. We don't really have a stage with that aesthetic yet, and it's associated with Geno and a kickass stage music.

If I got to decide, though, I'd totally pick Booster Tower.

2 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

If we got a SMRPG stage, I could see it being the forest maze. We don't really have a stage with that aesthetic yet, and it's associated with Geno and a kickass stage music.

If I got to decide, though, I'd totally pick Booster Tower.

Exor is the most iconic image in Super Mario RPG, so I expect they'd pick the tip of Bowers castle.

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Interesting Cloud nerf that was discovered just recently. For you Cloud mains, you gotta play carefully with your Limit Charges.

Yep plus it only lasts 15 seconds now.

Also EVO is gonna have the demo so I can play it since I'll be there.

https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1019280668428156928

some more zelda stuff, seems like her down air is unchanged.

as for the cloud nerf, I really don't see it changing the meta much, most of the time clouds use limit to force an approach, they generally don't use it in close quarters situations unless they are taunting you, of course this could be a soft buff in some situations causing some to get more reckless when cloud is charging his limit (in hopes to prevent him from fully charging it), so that could be a good mind game to play, or it will amount to nothing, and will just prevent clouds from perpetually charging limit at the most.

2 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

as for the cloud nerf, I really don't see it changing the meta much, most of the time clouds use limit to force an approach, they generally don't use it in close quarters situations unless they are taunting you, of course this could be a soft buff in some situations causing some to get more reckless when cloud is charging his limit (in hopes to prevent him from fully charging it), so that could be a good mind game to play, or it will amount to nothing, and will just prevent clouds from perpetually charging limit at the most.

Against faster characters it's definitely a nerf. Clouds will have a harder time charging Limit against characters like Falcon or Sonic since they can easily run in and hit them/grab them. 

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Against faster characters it's definitely a nerf. Clouds will have a harder time charging Limit against characters like Falcon or Sonic since they can easily run in and hit them/grab them. 

Perhaps, I don't use fast characters much so I wouldn't know, not like cloud with full limit was ever threatening to me, they at best are slightly faster and have one good hit that normally ends in a missed cross slash or if you are a close friend of mine finishing touch, I feel like that 15 second timer is way more crap than this as far as cloud nerfs go.

33 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Perhaps, I don't use fast characters much so I wouldn't know, not like cloud with full limit was ever threatening to me, they at best are slightly faster and have one good hit that normally ends in a missed cross slash or if you are a close friend of mine finishing touch, I feel like that 15 second timer is way more crap than this as far as cloud nerfs go.

Well, a full charge Limit Break tends to cause some people to panic and play more carelessly, something Cloud players use to their advanatge. Same for Little Mac players, whose KO meter is really just a psychological weapon, which is why it got hit with the 15 second timer nerf.

Cloud is still gonna be really good now he mostly will probably have to worry about Sheik needles with the limit charge thing, I agree with Crimson. It's a nerf but won't effect him much.

15 second thing is far more significant.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Well, a full charge Limit Break tends to cause some people to panic and play more carelessly, something Cloud players use to their advanatge. Same for Little Mac players, whose KO meter is really just a psychological weapon, which is why it got hit with the 15 second timer nerf.

I don't know though, I think of samus' charge shot or robin's thoron, I guess that you could say that it is a variety thing, but it just never felt good enough to nerf to me, shoot, that 15 second timer may nerf clouds recovery quite a bit because now clouds are going to hope for the best with that and cloud already has an incredibly exploitable recovery (possibly more than little mac given his recent buffs), either way, I don't see cloud being bad at high levels, which may actually be a good thing for for glory variety.

actually, on that topic, I really hope that for glory (or it's equivalent) has more variety in this one, it gets really aggravating when all you see is captain falcon, dedede, and falco online who switch to bayonetta or cloud when they lose.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

6 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

hat 15 second timer may nerf clouds recovery quite a bit because now clouds are going to hope for the best with that and cloud already has an incredibly exploitable recovery

I didn't think of that before but yeah, the 15 second timer definitly indirectly nerfs Cloud's recovery. Though a bit on the bright side for Cloud players, Climhazzard now snaps to ledge at any point during it's animation unlike in Smash 4 where i believed it only snapped to ledge at the beginning and ending of the animation.

8 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

actually, on that topic, I really hope that for glory (or it's equivalent) has more variety in this one, it gets really aggravating when all you see is captain falcon, dedede, and falco online who switch to bayonetta or cloud when they lose

Well, that's more the fault of the players really. That's not really something Nintendo can control and i would hate for there to be a limit on how many consecutive times you can use a character on For Glory.

What i do hope for is, because stage hazard toggles have been confirmed, that For Glory uses stages with hazards turned off because every match taking place on an Omega Form stage got stale quick.

4 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

some more zelda stuff, seems like her down air is unchanged.

its great that people are playing as Zelda but when are they gonna stop with that overused black palette?? im so sick of seeing it in every gameplay video of Zelda

Not really related to this video, but does anyone else feel like Zelda is freakishly tall in this game, at least in comparison to Link? Just comparing her to Link in this video, she's nearly a whole head taller, and i don't ever recall that happening in previous Smash games/in other Zelda games. ik they're from two different Zelda games but is ALBW Zelda really nearly a whole head taller than BoTW Link?

Edited by Carter