Super Smash Bros. Ultimate News and Discussion: A Simple and Clean Finish

Lightchao42

Now that Ultimate has been out for a while, who is your favorite newcomer?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite base game (and Piranha Plant) newcomer?

2. 2. Who is your favorite new Echo Fighter?

3. 3. Who is your favorite Fighters Pass 1 character?

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Revealing a Xenoblade character would also be in line with any Golden Country trailer they show off.

And if we look at past history, Shulk was revealed in a Direct that featured Xenoblade.

My Smash Ballot votes went to Sceptile and Shovel Knight. If I was a fan of Fire Emblem back in 2015 I would have voted for Anna as well.

As for Smash content in tomorrow's direct a newcomer and an echo fighter seems like a safe bet. Couldn't guess who they will go for though.

Edited by NSSKG151

Ballot votes, huh. I don't think I ever voted on that thing. Or if I did, I've completely forgotten who I voted for. Most likely the former, though.

Anyway... I too expect perhaps another character announced tomorrow. We'll see, I guess...

15 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I voted for Bayonetta in the ballot. But I heard later you could vote every day? whoops. All that time narrowing it down to one character wasted. The only other characters I explicitly remember considering were Shantae and Solid Snake.

Yeah, especially since it sounds like Capcom cut their losses with that game less than a year in. No more updates, just wait until it's long enough to release a Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Uncanny Edition. I was hyped to play that game this year but now I gotta wait for news of a re-release because the rumors just won't stop and I don't want to look like a chump.

Believe me when I say I want MVC: Infinite Uncanny Edition to be a reality, but it's not going to happen. Infinite might have one of the worst PR's out there & Capcom abandon ship without taking any responsibility. Trust me, you're not going to get buyer's remorse on this game.

13 hours ago, Jedi said:

Yeah I only voted once and he was the one I really wanted at the time. I’ve been mostly satisfied with the roster since Brawl.

Richter Belmont was a surprise I never thought I’d get and now I’m gunning for Shadow.

i’d go for Falcom characters but I know they have no chance and there’s not a point in supporting impossibilities like Ys or Kiseki characters.

That's more or less why I didn't vote all that much. I didn't think Midna had a fighting chance to begin with & I never seen her or Zelda characters on any polls so I figure it not even possible.

11 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

My vote was for Solid Snake, and he returned, so I'm satisfied.

If they do the ballot again, I think I'll vote for a more oddball choice like Kamek or Adeleine.

Can't imagine what your reaction was when he was reveal to come back.

No matter what newcomer gets reveal I seriously doubt they can top Snake's return. Unless it's another 3rd party character & even then I can't imagine someone like Crash or Banjo making the same impact.

11 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

My vote was for Lyn, so...

I'm convinced we're getting a newcomer revealed tomorrow, and maybe an Echo.

I really should've voted for Lyn back in the day. I'm still shock & annoyed that she still isn't playable.

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

Voted Ridley in the ballot a couple of times. Then, near the end, I voted Classic Pig Beast Ganon as a playable character. Haven't got that yet and don't really expect to see him any time soon.

I'm usually not against anyone's inclusion except for alts. You mind explaining the appeal of SNES Ganon to me?

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Revealing a Xenoblade character would also be in line with any Golden Country trailer they show off.

And if we look at past history, Shulk was revealed in a Direct that featured Xenoblade.

Not to mention that's when Inkling got announce to be in Smash Bros when there was a Splatoon Direct. And you know, the actual game itself.

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

Believe me when I say I want MVC: Infinite Uncanny Edition to be a reality, but it's not going to happen. Infinite might have one of the worst PR's out there & Capcom abandon ship without taking any responsibility. Trust me, you're not going to get buyer's remorse on this game.

That's more or less why I didn't vote all that much. I didn't think Midna had a fighting chance to begin with & I never seen her or Zelda characters on any polls so I figure it not even possible.

No matter what newcomer gets reveal I seriously doubt they can top Snake's return. Unless it's another 3rd party character & even then I can't imagine someone like Crash or Banjo making the same impact.

I really should've voted for Lyn back in the day. I'm still shock & annoyed that she still isn't playable.

I'm usually not against anyone's inclusion except for alts. You mind explaining the appeal of SNES Ganon to me?

Not to mention that's when Inkling got announce to be in Smash Bros when there was a Splatoon Direct. And you know, the actual game itself.

I like the idea of Pig Beast Gabon for several reasons.

1. Roster can always do with more heavy weights.

2. He'd use a trident which would be cool. King Defense is the only other heavy weight that really uses a weapon (although now Ganondof does use one for his smashes). Spears are a niche that aren't covered at all in Smash, much less mong heavy weights. He could focus on very powerful, precise attacks with good lateral range. Kind of like a combination of Marth and Ganondorf only with even less movement speed.

3. He's appeared in quite a number of games so he has a lot to pull from movesetwise outside of the trident. Fire powers, dark powers, teleporting, pounds etc. The fist pound that he uses to stagger Link in the Oracle games in particular would work great as a down smash.

4. The Zelda series as please try if characters that could be cool, but aside from Impa and Tingle, he's the only unused character that's really a staple of the series. We already have two Zelda's, two Links (even though they're separate characters in this game, I'll never stop viewing Toon Link and Young Link as one and the same). A second Ganon doesn't seem unwarranted.

6 minutes ago, Jotari said:

1. Roster can always do with more heavy weights.

2. He'd use a trident which would be cool. King Defense is the only other heavy weight that really uses a weapon (although now Ganondof does use one for his smashes). Spears are a niche that aren't covered at all in Smash, much less mong heavy weights. He could focus on very powerful, precise attacks with good lateral range. Kind of like a combination of Marth and Ganondorf only with even less movement speed.

3. He's appeared in quite a number of games so he has a lot to pull from movesetwise outside of the trident. Fire powers, dark powers, teleporting, pounds etc. The fist pound that he uses to stagger Link in the Oracle games in particular would work great as a down smash.

4. The Zelda series as please try if characters that could be cool, but aside from Impa and Tingle, he's the only unused character that's really a staple of the series. We already have two Zelda's, two Links (even though they're separate characters in this game, I'll never stop viewing Toon Link and Young Link as one and the same). A second Ganon doesn't seem unwarranted.

1. Most fighting game roster could to begin with

2. Who's King Defense?

3. That much is true.

4. As much I agree with that Link statement, do we really need another version of the Tri-Force trio?

I'll admit I'm still against the idea of Ganon being included but your reasons won me over that I would be overall fine with inclusion.

Unlike the Links & Zeldas, Ganon & Ganondorf very much have different designs. So while I still prefer Ghirahim, Impa, & Midna, I would also be cool with Ganon.

I was so into the inclusion of Pig Ganon. He should have been a replacement for ganondorf in Smash 4. I'd give my own reasons why he's a great character but last time I did somebody exploded on me. That game really could have used more villains, but it ended up with the same amount compared to Brawl. Replacing Wolf for Bowser Jr. Now it seems they're inclined to actually add playable villains. With the return of wolf plus two new villains, that's enough to leave me satisfied for the base roster. They may resume waifu pandering.

Although if they were looking to add more villains, Zelda's desperately in need of new playable characters. Kirby too, but I'd rather Bandana Dee or Gooey show up than any of the plausible villains. Unless they're lazy about it and settle for a galacta knight or dark meta knight echo.

Edited by Glennstavos

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

How dare you call an African country savage swine!

Autocorrect/b and n being next to each other aside, Beast Ganon wouldn't be bad. He has made modern appearances to this day, if not as many, and K. Rool, albeit a brand new character, is an old villain returned. Ridley has also fixed the "size issue" and A Link to the Past Ganon isn't actually that much bigger than Link.

4 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

They may resume waifu pandering.

Smash has waifu pandering? Never realized people saw Inkling in that way. And I thought the Daisy Daisyier Daisyist Cult wasn't quite into that.

4 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Kirby too, but I'd rather Bandana Dee or Gooey show up than any of the plausible villains. Unless they're lazy about it and settle for a galacta knight or dark meta knight echo.

I'm all for Bandana Dee, have no idea what they'd do for Gooey, since they're just a Kirby for 2P in KDL3. And Galacta Knight, well yeah he'd work as a Meta Echo, but I don't consider them that popular, being a newbie that only pops in on alternate Kirby modes.

I didn't vote for anyone actually in the Smash ballot, I generally don't vote in online popularity polls. My lone vote doesn't matter.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I didn't vote for anyone actually in the Smash ballot, I generally don't vote in online popularity polls. My lone vote doesn't matter.

I wouldn't say your vote doesn't matter. As some who has been through an Honors Statistics course I'll tell you that every vote counts in a sample because that's still valuable data being added to the overall results. But it is just a poll about video game characters so it's not really an obligation for you to contribute. Just always remember vote when it really matters, like if it's an election for government office or an allocation of funds to a charity.

Edited by TheGoodHoms

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Smash has waifu pandering? Never realized people saw Inkling in that way. And I thought the Daisy Daisyier Daisyist Cult wasn't quite into that.

I mean, I know of a pun-loving Let's player who once lost his innocence thanks to his choice words describing putting Daisy on a hard difficulty in Mario Party. :P

38 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Daisy’s heart shaped box much? :P

Oh, Emile. :P

Speaking of Chuggaaconroy and his interests, I'm gonna guess we'll get Rex/Pyra this Direct. Not only does the whole delay talk earlier sorta expose that the new character has a song associated with them, but it would go along with the Xenoblade 2 DLC coming out around this time (which I also expect to be covered here).

1 hour ago, NoirCore said:

Oh, Emile. :P

Speaking of Chuggaaconroy and his interests, I'm gonna guess we'll get Rex/Pyra this Direct. Not only does the whole delay talk earlier sorta expose that the new character has a song associated with them, but it would go along with the Xenoblade 2 DLC coming out around this time (which I also expect to be covered here).

I’m still thinking they’ll be the first wave dlc.

I don’t particularly care for them either way but that’s what I think will happen. If I’m proven wrong though so be it. Xeno 2 people will be happy and that’s good enough for me.

I'm going to find it hilarious if, with everybody getting their hopes up for obscure picks after the explicit bowing to fan demand with Ridley and K. Rool, the remaining unique newcomers are instead Rex, Incineroar, Heihachi, and maybe another character that's appeared in the past decade instead of the hyped up bandwagon characters like Isaac and Geno. And of course Skull Kid.

At the same time, I'd be fine with having loz18 proven right just for maximum craziness.

9 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Super-excited. It makes sense they chose Snake as the midpoint to do the "Everyone is here!" bit, he was probably the most requested yet least likely returning cut.

Of course, Ridley was my most-wanted newcomer, so I had a bigger surprise waiting at the end of the Direct. I didn't vote for Ridley in the ballot because I assumed it was only for Smash 4 DLC development and that voting for stage hazards/Assist Trophies was pointless.

I'm expecting either Isaac, Skull Kid or a Pokemon rep. But I really want it to be Bandana Dee.

I'd love the Pokemon rep to be either Decidueye or Golisopod with Guzma in the background.