Super Smash Bros. Ultimate News and Discussion: A Simple and Clean Finish

Lightchao42

Now that Ultimate has been out for a while, who is your favorite newcomer?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite base game (and Piranha Plant) newcomer?

2. 2. Who is your favorite new Echo Fighter?

3. 3. Who is your favorite Fighters Pass 1 character?

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RED ALERT!

Thanks to Smash Ultimate being released two weeks early in Mexico, people who have early copies have begun datamining it. I have not seen any major spoilers but i do know the soundtrack is being uploaded as i type this. I have only heard the full version of Gang-plank Galleon (i'm ok with music spoilers). At any rate, now might be the time to head activate all spoiler defense systems.

Speaking of music in the game, the new remix of Lost In Thoughts All Alone that can be heard in Corrin's character short on the official website is out in it's entirety now and it's hard for me to stop listening to it! I mean, of course I'm gonna play favorites with the song I sang A Capella for a contest but really, the new composition captures the song's inherent drama quite beautifully.

Spoiler

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Someone was streaming the full version of Smash Ultimate, how lovely. The Nintendo ninjas likely have gotten to hin already.

I've heard people have been streaming for no more than an hour on Youtube and Twitch all throughout today before getting taken down. And I guess Twitch has something of a trend right now where people just stream a screenshot of the game so that people see that thumbnail and get baited for their views and follows.

The Jebaited emote exists for a reason.

52 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Has it been confirmed if you play adventure mode first and you unlock characters there, are they playable in the other modes? If that's the case, I'll play through adventure mode first. 

Dunno if it really counts as spoilers, but...

Adventure Mode is the streamlined unlock, plus the usual conditions tied outside of the mode.

50 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

That's just tragic. Well, most people don't have the knowledge to work with Roms so it shouldn't affect sales that badly. 

I just feel really bad for Sakurai because he stated he didn't want any leaks and now people are playing and modding the game two weeks before release (yes, mods have already started though from what i hear, it's just custom music mods for now).

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I just feel really bad for Sakurai because he stated he didn't want any leaks and now people are playing and modding the game two weeks before release (yes, mods have already started though from what i hear, it's just custom music mods for now).

Most likely, we may get a repeat of Sun and Moon where the early ones will attempt to go online and get banned.

25 minutes ago, Dai said:

Most likely, we may get a repeat of Sun and Moon where the early ones will attempt to go online and get banned.

Yeah and at that point they deserve whatever comes next for being so dumb, much like all the fools trying to livestream Ultimate thinking no one will report their asses.

Ahem, so I'm keeping distance from the leaks, myself. Aside from chatting with a friend about unannounced music yesterday. Thought I should finally do what I've seen other people do and make a tier list of how likely I'd play the various members of this game's roster.

23 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah and at that point they deserve whatever comes next for being so dumb, much like all the fools trying to livestream Ultimate thinking no one will report their asses.

I mean, do you need to punish a guy who's so bad that they had to run Ness' Classic Mode on 0.0?

13 hours ago, The DanMan said:

I mean, do you need to punish a guy who's so bad that they had to run Ness' Classic Mode on 0.0?

Well…I’m that bad. With the difficulty increasing after each match, I think I’ll always default to 0.0 (unless I suddenly become a sadist).

Sakurai's latest Famitsu column revealed why Kirby was the only survivor of World of Light! He says it wasn't Sakurai Bias though it probably was but Kirby was picked because he's easy to use and he has a visible method of escape Galeem. Palutena and Bayonetta weren't OP enough to escape, and their movesets aren't as simple as Kirby's.

The Smash Blog also announced that Lifelight is sung by Abby Trott in English and Erina Koga (who actually turned 18 today) in Japanese. There have also been countdown messages spread throughout various Twitter accounts! Yesterday it was from Super Mario Odyssey's Twitter:

And today it was from Konami and Monster Hunter:

Edited by Lightchao42

On 11/25/2018 at 7:24 AM, Dai said:

People were able to get out of that easily though, so I doubt it’d have much effect here either.

Kirby having to fight Mario at the start of adventure mode is a reference to SSE. Which in turn was a reference to SSB64's cinematic opening. Makes sense to play as one or the other at the start of the new adventure mode. Also Kirby is canonically the strongest video game character on this roster. You can doubt me, but would you doubt Sakurai? Truly? After all he's been through...?

12 hours ago, Dai said:

Well, it’s midnight in my time zone, so may as well. It’s the home stretch! Just one more week!

Here, here! The final week before release is always the most exciting, but it's also ironically the longest and most agonizing to wait through. Remember to keep yourselves occupied this week folks!